Shortest ever debut?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair if a Notts County player had put in a tackle like that the vast majority of Latics supporters would be baying for a straight red.

Similarly, if a Latics player had been sent off for the same challenge Leacock made, there'd have been a lot of disagreement. Thought the ref might have got that one wrong.

Similarly, if a Latics player had been sent off for the same challenge Leacock made, there'd have been a lot of disagreement. Thought the ref might have got that one wrong.

Like I said having already been booked he was going the moment the ref gave the foul.

On his 18th birthday too!

Looked to me as if the reactions of the Notts players got him sent off, and the ref will have had Leacocks dubious red in his mind I'd imagine.

Probably a red, but fair play to the team for getting him out of the way and out of more trouble. All night there was a good team spirit and that showed it especially.

Saw Bove's again on SSN and it was a shocker. Not malicious, but VERY dangerous.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Bove made a late challenge a minute before the sending off, if he had connected to the player he may well have seen a red for it. :youroff:

Looked as though the team had been through his missus or summat. :tumbleweed:

Ok the lads head went over a mixture of determination, excitement, passion...the list goes on...and all emotions that anyone of us would experience in that split second you come on for your OAFC debut.

Mike Keegan said similar on his twitter feed

Just cut him some slack and allow last night to go down in OAFC pub quiz history... judge him on his next game or two

I also hope LJ puts his arm around him, the club don't fine him under the circumstances and a quick word of "we've put our faith in you now repay it when you're suspensions over"

This I was pleasantly surprised by JCH's level of maturity, beyond his years tonight, especially given his reputation as a bit of a hot-head. He did particularly well in the melees, especially the melee after Bove's tackle, a few of their players looked like they were going to go after Bove, but to do so they would have had to have gone through JCH.

Tarky did well after the ref finally showed Bove the red card too, a good consoling arm around the shoulder and led him off to prevent their being any more repercussions for the young lad.

Something tells me he'd have quite fancied that :bat:

In all seriousness though, yeah, that really surprised and pleased me. I've been saying to my mate that he's not as daft as he can seem and I'm glad he proved me right there.

I will say though that the County player (Freeman I think) was a cnut. He made sure he stayed down until Bove got sent off. Why at 4-1 down he felt the need to do that escapes my modest sense of empathy. he clearly wasn't hurt.

If it had been me on the recieving end of that tackle, I would have done everything I could to make sure that an 18 year making his professional debut didn't get sent off (as soon as I was confident that I was ok to continue playing).

"Dear me some people need to get a grip the lad was over excited silly tackle yes but LJs attitude spot on. Best put down to adrenaline rush. He will have learned a lot by his mistake and he will remember his 18th"

You do understand that I was taking the piss don't you?

Adrenaline rush yes. Take the piss out of him, yes. He will probably think it's the end of the world. It's not.

Edited by pukka