Ellis Plummer

Is it just me that doesn't see the point in him. If he's there as cover then fine but as a starter, going off today I don't think he's got it. I felt that when Mellor came on it sured us up at the back, holding line not trying to make the goal saving challenge but standing the player up.

This one tells me he hasnt missed an EDS game for nearly a season and a half.....so he says!

Says Ellis is more of CB than a Lb though!!!

I don't see this either to be honest. I thought he lacked in the air, even against Wells.

Is this just me being pessimistic and he's awful or that he's just had a nervous debut in a big derby in front of a big crowd.

Any thoughts?

Is it just me that doesn't see the point in him. If he's there as cover then fine but as a starter, going off today I don't think he's got it. I felt that when Mellor came on it sured us up at the back, holding line not trying to make the goal saving challenge but standing the player up.

I don't see this either to be honest. I thought he lacked in the air, even against Wells.

Is this just me being pessimistic and he's awful or that he's just had a nervous debut in a big derby in front of a big crowd.

Any thoughts?

It was a rude awakening for him, the tempo and physicality of the game was something he won't have experienced before, we are seeing this now quite often with players trying to step up from academy level, Rusnak, Petrasso and now Plummer.

The good signs are Petrasso looked to have found his feet today, and Plummer will hopefully soon do the same.

Edited by BP1960

Think it was a big culture shock for him yesterday.

It was his league debut, and - as good as some of the players are in the reserve sides of the Prem club, he won't have come up against too many seasoned players of the likes of Thompson and Hanson before.

I thought he started nervously, but settled as the game went on.

He did show his lack of experience and was very naive with his booking, then 2 other challenges afterwards.

I think it's a sensible loan move from LJ. Competition and strengthening in an area we lack a touch of depth.

Kusunga comes back and Grounds can switch back to fullback. He's here to plug a gap and looks to me like he'll be fine for that...

I think he's okay. Strong lad. Got stuck in. Made a great challenge for what should've been a second goal. Yes, a bit on the raw side, which is what you'd expect. I saw enough to think he could be a good signing. We've only got Mellor, who isn't a left-back (depsite having numerous outings as one).

My problem with it was is he any better then Mellor? Who while not being a full back per se has done ok there more often than not... and I didn't see anything to suggest he was - certainly doesn't look to be a mills like LB but that was a difficult game to throw him into

Edited by bluehobbit

My problem with it was is he any better then Mellor?

Based on yesterday, you'd say not but now he'll have a much better idea of what open age football is about. Even with the return of Kusunga, I would wager that both Mellor and Plummer will see a fair bit of action during the 4 week period starting this weekend when we have 8 games to play.

However he got a roasting there in the first half at Shrewbury and clearly LJ is not convinced.

True Pete, but LJ does see a player in Mellor, the lad needs to put in stronger performances on a consitent basis, this also applies to Winchester and Millar.

Out of those three I think Mellor has shown he is the most capable. Just needs a regular position and games. I think Winchester is a very talented footballer but not sure if he really wants to step up or if he just doesn't have the physical or mental strength to make it. I can imagine he is the kind of player that we would release who would then go on to have a good career elsewhere though.

Not sure about Millar.