Devastated!

It's all a bit silly.

I'm disappointed, not devastated.

LJ is getting lots right. But his desired "three different styles of play" seems limited to one in reality. Albeit a good one.

We were okay last night and would have beaten many League One sides. It was a far better performance than Saturday. Chesterfield were excellent first half and didn't let us settle. Good game plan and it rattled us. We didn't really have an answer for their five across the middle. The bench lacked positive options, but I'm unimpressed by Schmelz and his lack of delivery not to mention his ability to concede stupid free kicks.

We're not world beaters, but we're doing okay. And there's the promise of more.

It's ten games since we lost and I'm fairly sure the gap between us and the bottom four will widen. Room for improvement, but align your expectations to reality folks.

I agree its a good one against certain teams O4U, but most teams playing at BP will now adopt the Bradford, Mansfield, Chesterfield tactics, LJ has to find a way to counteract this.

Away matches aren't too much of a problem as teams tend to attack more and leave themselves open to fast breaks - which suits the Latics.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Presume 'rigsby' (they always hide behind an alias) is kitted out with a UEFA Pro License and decades of experience in the pro game. #oafc

Matt wtf has that got to do with it you are a journalist most of them talk pure :censored:e in own name some of the stuff in chron days behind. Not you by the way but irrelevant to the post. Rigsby could get a job with the Mail.

I think he's written what the majority would/do think when they read the post by Rigsby above.

One doesn't need a pro license to see the feckin obvious.

If others cannot see this managers transparent shortcomings fine,but I can,and im not scared to air my views.

i repeat,

The team is LIGHTWEIGHT.

The team is EXTEREMLY vunerable to the high ball,corners etc)

We are NOT a side set out to play LONE striker football(neither JCH OR Rooney are that kind of player).

If you dont like facts,hard cheese,like i care..

The only players with a future at OAFC i were boss would be

Smith

Grounds (although not quite sure where i'd play him)

wesolowski (was shocking last night tho)

JCH

Philiskirk( needs to bulk up RAPIDLY)

Mcdonald

Tarky

The rest,im afraid to say,can sling their hooks...

Edited by rigsby

I like facts. Here are some - 9 unbeaten, 2 losses in 16. Last home loss in August. 14th place with a game in hand. Just had our best run of form for 7 years. I like facts.

Yup,and failed to beat two pub sides.

This team will get found out and IMO will get mullered on saturday and will get knocked out on tuesday.

After that its downhill all the way i doubt very much many apart from ST holders will be paying 20 quid to watch the level of football on offer at BP but we'll see...

Edited by rigsby

The team is LIGHTWEIGHT.

Although it's been done already I'd like to return to this point. We have as big and hard a back 4 as we have perhaps ever had. Is Tarky soft? Is Lanzoni a wilting violet? Would you call Kasunga's pint a puff? Smith is tough. Wes is mega-tough. JCH and Rooney aren't a pair of tarts. So basically our wingers and Philli aren't nails. And Bove hasn't even been mentioned yet. Edited by leeslover

One doesn't need a pro license to see the feckin obvious.

If others cannot see this managers transparent shortcomings fine,but I can,and im not scared to air my views.

i repeat,

The team is LIGHTWEIGHT.

The team is EXTEREMLY vunerable to the high ball,corners etc)

We are NOT a side set out to play LONE striker football(neither JCH OR Rooney are that kind of player).

If you dont like facts,hard cheese,like i care..

The only players with a future at OAFC i were boss would be

Smith

Grounds (although not quite sure where i'd play him)

wesolowski (was shocking last night tho)

JCH

Philiskirk( needs to bulk up RAPIDLY)

Mcdonald

Tarky

The rest,im afraid to say,can sling their hooks...

Nothing like some nice overreaction when the team is unbeaten (over the course of 90 minutes, before someone pulls the penalty defeat) in 9 games.

When was the last time we went on a 9 game unbeaten run? Did Dickov ever do it? I'm sure Penney got no-where near either.

Johnson is learning and is doing an adequate job, so maybe we should SUPPORT him and the team, rather than jumping to an over reactive conclusion about how once again, we're :censored:e, Which in my honest opinion we're not.

Nothing like some nice overreaction when the team is unbeaten (over the course of 90 minutes, before someone pulls the penalty defeat) in 9 games.

When was the last time we went on a 9 game unbeaten run? Did Dickov ever do it? I'm sure Penney got no-where near either.

Johnson is learning and is doing an adequate job, so maybe we should SUPPORT him and the team, rather than jumping to an over reactive conclusion about how once again, we're :censored:e, Which in my honest opinion we're not.

2008/09 before the 5-0 loss to Hereford we were unbeaten for 9. Same amount of draws and wins too. 11 unbeaten in 2007/08.

Although it's been done already I'd like to return to this point. We have as big and hard a back 4 as we have perhaps ever had. Is Tarky soft? Is Lanzoni a wilting violet? Would you call Kasunga's pint a puff? Smith is tough. Wes is mega-tough. JCH and Rooney aren't a pair of tarts. So basically our wingers and Philli aren't nails. And Bove hasn't even been mentioned yet.

Agree with the vast majority of that- but Rooney is a tart. I know he's not a target man but he's up there with keigan Parker for the ability to 'look busy' without doing sweet FA.

Presume 'rigsby' (they always hide behind an alias) is kitted out with a UEFA Pro License and decades of experience in the pro game. #oafc

Matt wtf has that got to do with it you are a journalist most of them talk pure :censored:e in own name some of the stuff in chron days behind. Not you by the way but irrelevant to the post. Rigsby could get a job with the Mail.

Many have gained EUFA Pro licence qualifications, but have been abject failures in the real world.

I wonder if it's necessary to hold a PhD in English Literature to be guaranteed a best selling book ?

I'm not Rigsby by the way.

Agree with the vast majority of that- but Rooney is a tart. I know he's not a target man but he's up there with keigan Parker for the ability to 'look busy' without doing sweet FA.

I may have been stretching the point slightly... But don't forget we still have Billy to factor in

Proper troll on twitter. Rochdaleroadraymond. Proper tool. I really understand constructive criticism. This guy isnt a fan

Lloyd Cooper......If i can remember my log in this :censored: is having it

Or if your on here(Citeh massive i think).so probably not

Edited by SAV

It was worth ploughing through 9 pages of this just to have a bloody good laugh at "Rigsby Rides Again". He must have been so pissed off with not being able to slag off LJ and the lads until two games ago and having to keep quiet with nothing negative to say.

And why the use of capitals? Sorry, CAPITALS. We can all read lower case stuff.

I will be very interested in his comments if we get a result at Brentford and win at Mansfield. Oh silly me there won't be any will there? And I deliberately used the word "if" rather than "when" to prevent another negative response. Might get one anyway but hey ho.

Edited by Bristolatic

It was worth ploughing through 9 pages of this just to have a bloody good laugh at "Rigsby Rides Again". He must have been so pissed off with not being able to slag off LJ and the lads until two games ago and having to keep quiet with nothing negative to say.

And why the use of capitals? Sorry, CAPITALS. We can all read lower case stuff.

I will be very interested in his comments if we get a result at Brentford and win at Mansfield. Oh silly me there won't be any will there? And I deliberately used the word "if" rather than "when" to prevent another negative response. Might get one anyway but hey ho.

Spot on Bristol.

Don't understand why some people don't understand 9 unbeaten is a great run, as pointed out, not seen since the Shez days!

I'm more than happy with LJ and the lads at the moment, they look like they care about the club and winning games and that attitude is highly important in carrying us through the good times but most importantly the more difficult periods.

Happier than i was this time last year!

I've just researched all five of the heights you 'quoted' and not one of them is even close to being correct.

If you're going to be a troll, at least be an accurate one.

Also, I don't appreciate the insinuation that short=softarse. Whatever height Wes is, to describe him as lightweight is ridiculous.