Four homes games in hand

Home played 9..Away played 13, but is that an advantage ?

I think the team is set up to play counter attacking football, hence the problems at home when teams tend to sit back,

Problems at home when the opposition sit back, true, but I'd much rather have 14 home games left and 10 away than the other way round.

We have 2 home league games in a row coming up, can see us getting 6 points from them. That will still leave us 2 home games in hand. The only other side to have only played 9 home games in football league is Newport County; half the Prem have only played 9 home games too.

Very important game on Wednesday. We've got to find a way to win games like Shrewsbury and Stevenage at home. Too many times in recent years we've gone down to 1 goal defeats in matches like those.

Would today and Boxing Day's team/formation work well in home games?

Wouldn't like to see it, and I don't think LJ will use that system at home.

The most worrying thing for me is that we're only 2 points clear of relegation (and you'd expect Bristol City to pass us soon) without having had a really bad run of form. If that happens we'll be right in the mire.

He needs to send us out attacking like early on in the season for me.

The defence is solid enough and Clarke Harris, McDonald & Philliskirk now have more goals in them than they did early season.

It might be just what Rooney needs aswell.

Anyone not giving 100% against Shrewsbury should be told in no uncertain terms they'll miss out at Anfield.

It's over to LJ now, he has to motivate them for Wednesday when they'll all have the cup-game on their minds. It's his squad and if he can't get us to beat Shrewsbury at home we're in a worrying situation. Bristol City will get out of the scrap comfortably in my opinion, Tranmere have goals in Lowe. It's a worrying position to be in, this month is crucial.

The most worrying thing for me is that we're only 2 points clear of relegation (and you'd expect Bristol City to pass us soon) without having had a really bad run of form. If that happens we'll be right in the mire.

Like when we didn't win a League game from 24th August until 19th October, and haven't won one since 26th November?