Don't worry!

No home league win since the 26th Oct including 2 games against league 2 opposition, only out of the bottom 4 on goal difference, are we allowed to criticise the club / players yet or is it still all ok because we're going to Anfield on Sunday?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By that response I assume you were expecting us to be a top half side pushing for the play offs?

Let's see,errrrm...we've been a bottom half League 1 side for several years now,we've seen wholesale changes in personnel on and off the pitch,our attendances are pitiful which leads to our budget being average at best.

I don't expect anything.

Do you think the Scunthorpe, Yeovil, Southend, Col U (need I go on) sides that have been promoted from this division in the time we've been languishing in it all had the same piss poor attitude that we have? This ridiculous acceptance that a relegation dogfight plus a trip to Anfield is what we should aspire to every season?

Add Leyton Orient this season to that list too - can't say they're not genuine promotion contenders now.

How many of those teams you mention did it in the manager's first season? Genuine question as I don't know but I'd guess not many.

No,but you said it yourself that we're staring at yet another relegation battle.Not sure any fan accepts it though.

This season was always going to be one of transition.Not sure why some people are surprised at where we are,a few points away from 12th that is.

This season was about LJ building a team, next season is about what he can do with it. Yep that's right, as long as we don't get relegated (which we won't), LJ has a free pass this season. He's working with a new team, trying different things, what works best, who is good enough, etc, so he can find out where he needs to strengthen in January and in the summer. Just sit back and ride it out because next season is where it matters and if you were expecting LJ to rub a bit of pixie dust on an entirely new team and for us to rocket up the table, then you've only got yourselves to blame for your delusion.

This season was about LJ building a team, next season is about what he can do with it. Yep that's right, as long as we don't get relegated (which we won't), LJ has a free pass this season. He's working with a new team, trying different things, what works best, who is good enough, etc, so he can find out where he needs to strengthen in January and in the summer. Just sit back and ride it out because next season is where it matters and if you were expecting LJ to rub a bit of pixie dust on an entirely new team and for us to rocket up the table, then you've only got yourselves to blame for your delusion.

Post of the year!

This

A million times this...

Bloody hell, give us a chance ...

Pmsl that's beat it. Had me looking a right tit, literally choking on my tea at the table.

N. B I know owtb at the table is a bit ott

Edited by Schlieb

It's about where I am.

But the last two home games have been totally unacceptable.

Away performances I've seen are good but these home games are a real problem. There are 2 changes I'd make. 1st is to bring in a goal scorer on loan to partner Philliskirk, someone like Barnard if he's motivated. Second is tactical - the midfield support of an attack or break is either too slow or non existent. Not sure why this is and I reckon we have the players to do it, we just don't.

Away performances I've seen are good but these home games are a real problem. There are 2 changes I'd make. 1st is to bring in a goal scorer on loan to partner Philliskirk, someone like Barnard if he's motivated. Second is tactical - the midfield support of an attack or break is either too slow or non existent. Not sure why this is and I reckon we have the players to do it, we just don't.

Ask the manager.