well done boys

I thought even though we didn't create too much in the 1st half, they didn't create any clear goalscoring chances we seemed stretched but held them ok.As a side note why was their player not booked for the professional foul on DP when we were looking to break quickly? I suppose Brendan would have been a little happier with the referee than of late as they seemed to get the better of the decisions. Not that I am blaming the ref for our defeat the best team won today.

Proud of the lads - very decent display.

Kept them out for the 1st half. For 15/20 mins in the second half, we more than matched them; in fact, we were far the better side at that stage.

Kusunga, Tarky, Wes and Philli were outstanding.

Harkin had a promising cameo.

Liverpool looked decidedly average today; though being able to make changes and bring on Coutiniho, Lucas and Luis Teeth shows the gulf.

Very proud of that today.

Oh - and that lass on twitter referred to early on in this thread, chatting :censored:. Sterling got booed all game, rightly so as he's a little :censored: and his "tackle" (aka assault) on M'Changama last year was a shocker.

One of my mates who goes away games in the south as he lives down there couldn't get one for this that was my point, wasn't trying to be a dick with fellow latics fans just thought it should be stated was a great day for all whether they knew the players names or not

Where will the 5,755 be at latics next home game? Somebody on the coach said he didn't know who Clarke-Harris was embarassing that people who wouldn't of been this season have been given the ok to come whereas people who have bought home and away tickets all season haven't

If folk who have bought home and away tickets all season didn't organise themselves to get a ticket for this game then they only have themselves to blame...imo....and as far as I'm aware there's no big OK stamp that says you can attend a game or not...???

regards the match....great team effort, LJ got his tic tacs spot on 1st half....the 2 liverpool subs did for us tbh...but then again, 2 class players

oh what might have been if Brad Jones didn't have hands like coal shovels...?

Brendan Rodgers post match thoughts on Anton and us

The 20-year-old was greeted by applause from all corners of the stadium as he jogged on to replace David Mellor, and afterwards his dad reflected on the moment.

"It was brilliant," said Rodgers. "I've seen Anton's life from when he was young. To see him run out there was a bit surreal, really. He's a great kid and we're very proud of him as his mother and father.

"He's having a career and Oldham is a brilliant club for him. They really look after him well. They have an outstanding young manager, who will go on and do very well in the game and they have a young team there.

"They've got a great spirit. I've seen them a number of times and Anton is playing a part in that. It was a great moment for his career and as a father it's even more special that he gets a nice round of applause from the Liverpool supporters as well."

Oldham arrived at Anfield having failed to win any of their last six matches in the league; however, Lee Johnson's side belied their position, five points from bottom of League One, as they matched Liverpool for long periods.

"I thought it would be a difficult game," said Rodgers. "You have got to give Oldham a lot of credit - they came here and made it very difficult.

"They are a very enthusiastic, young side that have got quality. We were nowhere near the speed of our game in the first half; our tempo was too slow and we didn't create enough. In the second half we were a little bit better, but it was always in the balance."

Great performance by pretty much everyone, really proud of the way they represented the club. Seemed a certain pen at 1-0 from my position on the side and also just before their 2nd when Agger got injured, Toure cleared the ball out of play. Didn't look in any way like he did it deliberately because of the man down, it was just play continuing. So it was really frustrating for us to give the ball back to them and then they go up the other and score soon after.

Taking off 2 strikers for 2 mids when going behind may have seemed defensive but it actually set us up more attacking and we threatened a lot more. Harkins looked pretty good and that looks like a glimpse into how we'll set up going forward.

Also, Rodgers was probably brought on as a gesture but he looked pretty tidy on the ball. From what I've seen of him (not that much admittedly) I'm a bit surprised he's not seen more game time when Wes was out.

Just seen the highlights why didn't oxley dive it went very close to him before ending up in the corner

Why didn't Tarky stick his leg out? Strachan said because Tarky was thinking if he did that he may score an own goal. Strachan also said when Sterling shot, Tarky thought he must stick his leg out. It's split-second decisions like this which alter the course of the game, and such wrong decisions are made every week by players on much more money than Tarky.

Proud of all the lads and, with a bit of good luck, or more favourable decisions from the ref, we could be still in the draw today.