Latics 1-0 Stevenage: post match reaction

He was running the match today from the start until he was substituted! It was a refreshing change to watch a player who could see and carry out the pass, granted though that the other players need to get onto his wavelength. Do you really want to watch 11 Wes's out there taking no responsibility?

not to mention he's 72 and has amyotrophic lateral sclerosis aswell!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few minutes before, JCH had crunched 1 of their players near the halfway line with a fair tackle and their defenders seemed to be trying to provoke him, which I thought might happen in the first half when he was getting very frustrated. JCH was very professional and 'invited' a reaction and they bought it! Tough :censored: Westley!

Yup, that's how I saw it, bit of a crunch with I think Morais, then JCH got annoyed with Philiskirk for putting the dead ball out for a throw when he wanted to boot it for a goal kick put their noses out of joint. There were verbals and pointing whilst the throw in was taken as JCH had wound them up.

It was clear there was going to be repercussions and fortunately we earned the red card, fair play to JCH, he bought that sending off like a pro with 300 games under his belt. Not pleasant but is part of the game, we've seen so many forwards do it to us so it is good to see him learning how to do the ugly, nasty part of forward play at such a young age.

As far as I saw, the Stevenage player ran up behind JCH and dragged him down, grabbing him at about shoulder-height. Not sure if there was a kick.

Was sent for raising hands i think. Clear push to JCH face....there was handbags a couple of times just before...right decision for me

their free kick techniques were worth the entrance fee, absolutely hilarious! what the feck was that one where they put a wall infront of ours?? hahahahahaha

graham taylor used to do it for watford many years ago to great effect, in fact they scored one against us at BP

I thought after Morais had put in his fourth cross in the the first fifteen minutes Stevenage targeted Mellor as our weak link as other teams have done this season.At times it seemed Morais just had to draw Mellor towards him before taking it past him and delivering the cross.Fair play to Mellor in the second half,he wasn't being done as easily and as often.

or at all

We played too deep in the first half and invited them to attack. Second half better when we played further up the pitch. Not one of JCH's best games although I thought he improved in the second half. If LJ trusted Rooney, he would have brought him on sooner. Impressed with Harkins - and we kept a clean sheet. Do think someone needs to do some work with our back five.

yes like get smith away from it, if he wants play behind our back four we should call him beckenbaur, if he plays 15 yds further up the pitch our back four would have someone to pass it to, instead he sits in making square and backwards passes that others can do,, thats why the centre m/.fielders don,t score often, they don,t get in the box often enough,

He was running the match today from the start until he was substituted! It was a refreshing change to watch a player who could see and carry out the pass, granted though that the other players need to get onto his wavelength. Do you really want to watch 11 Wes's out there taking no responsibility?

nobody was running that game, the verdict is out on harkins for a while yet, or is he a legend already ? like baxter

Erm, no - no they didn't

Hit the post, cleared one off the line they looked dangerous going forward first half, was all over us unless you was watching the diggers in stead of the match chump!

Was in the rocky rd end so clearly you wasnt!

Edited by Latics_est_86

Hit the post, cleared one off the line they looked dangerous going forward first half, was all over us unless you was watching the diggers in stead of the match chump!

Was in the rocky rd end so clearly you wasnt!

Chump? Nice.

What has where you sit got to do with anything at all?

Going to step away from this one, as I can see it's best to leave you well alone...

Chump? Nice.

Going to step away from this one, as I can see it's best to leave you well alone...

As he sits in the RRE, by all probability he's about 13 years old

Chump? Nice.

Leave alone what you like pal but you obviously didnt go the game or had it on latics player, well if you was sat in chaddy you arnt going to see the clearance and hit the post are you!

Sit back with your bovis brigade and enjoy stelling on a saturday afternoon.............. :sleeping: