A 'Must Read' article

to be fair to some of the foamy mouth types on twitter they're just kids. I'd lay good money on a few of those quoted being under 16. Just wash their mouths out with soap and water and send 'em off to bed without their ovaltine. Twitter and Message Boards gives everyone an equal say, be you 80 or 8, insane or quite normal. Best to filter out most of it. You wouldnt bother listening to a group of 14 year olds gobbing off in person so why bother online? And they might be potty mouthed little scrotes howling at the moon but one day they might be fine upstanding citizens.

Just in case anyone thinks I've gone soft - birch 'em! That'll learn 'em.

hahaha :)....spot on mind

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what was said on Twitter but I am 100 per cent behind LJ. However, Mr Rooney is not a main striker. He has ability but obviously doesn't know how to translate that into a useful end product. New striker required who can score goals - mind you, everyone wants one of those!

I will have a bet with anyone who believes we'll go down. We are staying up with games to spare and next season you watch LJ's side ride high. I am that confident in him and the squad (tweeked and it will be)

Edited by Lags

People didn't want Phil Brown but he's working wonders at Southend...another club that is likely to surpass us in the near future.

Alot of what I say about Johnson is designed to wind a few of you lot up who bite way too easily may I add.

I was/am refreshed with what he is doing, but the similarities with Dickov are too great to ignore.

People didn't want Phil Brown but he's working wonders at Southend...another club that is likely to surpass us in the near future.

Alot of what I say about Johnson is designed to wind a few of you lot up who bite way too easily may I add.

I was/am refreshed with what he is doing, but the similarities with Dickov are too great to ignore.

You are certainly fishing for bites with that gem.....

You are certainly fishing for bites with that gem.....

No, being totally serious, young rookie inexperienced manager turns up, produced high quality football for first few months of tenure, gets worked out, slides towards bottom of the league on long winless runs and failing to score goals.

Seems like Groundhog day to me.

And for what it's worth I was a massive fan of Dickov, such a shame he lost his bottle after a couple of drubbings, but he played the smooth talking card, and Johnson is playing it too, despite the flack he's gotten he should stick with what he believes for now, even if it means it doesn't work out for him, he won't know unless he sticks with it.

Edited by alex_balls

A Southend fan who use to work at Latics told me until they can move ground it's holding them back.

Like Oldham Southend stuck on border or the London clubs mainly West Ham.

Also took a while for Phil Brown to win there fans over.

young rookie inexperienced manager turns up, produced high quality football for first few months of tenure, gets worked out, slides towards bottom of the league on long winless runs and failing to score goals.

We haven't had a long winless run yet.

The big difference between Johnson and Dickov for me is that Johnson will grind out a manky 1-0 now & again to make sure that doesn't happen.

I agree with the article. Even the "Keep the Faith" bit at the end.

I agree with what he said about the "Keep the Faith" slogan, except for the last sentence. Basically what I have for Lee Johnson and Oldham Athletic is trust. Trust that is based on the evidence of my own ears and my won eyes, my own experience of footballing matters, coupled with the testimony and solid arguments of others.

It is a confidence (though not a certainty), that is based on something. Faith doesn't even come to in to, nor does Faith come into my world view at all (hence why I hate the slogan).

Those of us who have seen most of the games this season know that we have outplayed virtually every team we have faced and our failure to score more than one goal has really cost us. In fact on many occasions our failure to score one goal has cost us dear. I think we will pull out of this but we do need a striker.