A 'Must Read' article

Which comments?

Like these..excuse the language, but I am only quoting.

"Mark Biram @markbiram 13h

stupid bastardin cuntin useless bleedin latics,fancy missin :censored:in penalty in injury time-do you do it just to wind me up? cocksuckers #oafc"

"UTCoinsNow @UtCoinsNow 14h

#oafc Adam Rooney you can :censored: off to Scotland, :censored:ing dick. @LDJhepingping :censored:ing joke Johnson sort it they're all wank par Kusunga #god"

"Michael @miguelinho2910 14h

Rooney can :censored:ing do one, the ginger :censored:ing tit. I've defended him all season but penalty miss and sitter before it. Not good enough #oafc"

"Connor @ConOAFC 14h

:censored:ing idiot, Im so :censored:ing pissed off. Easy :censored:ing chance to get a point and you :censored:ed it. Nice one. He's :censored:ING :censored: #oafc"

"Matt Allen @mattoldham 14h

:censored: OFF ROONEY YOU :censored: GINGER HAIRED PRICK!!!!!!!! #oafc"

"jay @jamieburrows_ 14h

ROONEY YOU GINGER PRICK WHAT ARE YOU DOING LEAVE THE CLUB NOW #oafc"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with 90% of the article, with teh exception of:

"Toothless, reads one thread on OWTB. Try telling the Walsall fans last night we were toothless. Those sat around me spent the last 20 minutes in an agitated state of Black Country panic. Wave after blue wave created chance after chance. Toothless, for me, is a team that creates nothing - and that is when you start to worry. That is not us. But for Richard O'Donnell and some admittedly poor finishing it would have been a big three points against a very good side."

We are toothless in the main. Toothless would mean all bite with nothing to cut through / finish it off. It's exactly what we are. Creating chances and not finishing them is in my opinion the footballing definition of toothless. 11 home goals all season (in the league) just is not good enough. No dressing that up, it's not.

I'm fully behind the manager - the only way to get out of this division (the right way) is by stability and looking to build with a relitively settled squad.(Yeovil and maybe Orient). We cant buy our way out of it like some, or play in front of 25,000. So its the only way. Johnson will make mistakes, but thats the nature of the beast. He will make more mistakes than some other managers in teh divsion. We cant afford to spend on Jose Mourinho, so we put our faith in a rookie. Thats the point... PUT YOUR FAITH IN HIM.

"Mark Biram ‏@markbiram 13h

stupid bastardin cuntin useless bleedin latics,fancy missin :censored:in penalty in injury time-do you do it just to wind me up? cocksuckers #oafc"

"UTCoinsNow ‏@UtCoinsNow 14h

#oafc Adam Rooney you can :censored: off to Scotland, :censored:ing dick. @LDJhepingping :censored:ing joke Johnson sort it they're all wank par Kusunga #god"

"Michael ‏@miguelinho2910 14h

Rooney can :censored:ing do one, the ginger :censored:ing tit. I've defended him all season but penalty miss and sitter before it. Not good enough #oafc"

"Connor ‏@ConOAFC 14h

:censored:ing idiot, Im so :censored:ing pissed off. Easy :censored:ing chance to get a point and you :censored:ed it. Nice one. He's :censored:ING :censored: #oafc"

"Matt Allen ‏@mattoldham 14h

"jay ‏@jamieburrows_ 14h

TO be Fair to Mark Biram, he's just venting his frustration, that's a world away from the others that are actively slagging off a player, who clearly may be short on a bit of confidence.

"Mark Biram ‏@markbiram 13h

"UTCoinsNow ‏@UtCoinsNow 14h

"Michael ‏@miguelinho2910 14h

"Connor ‏@ConOAFC 14h

"Matt Allen ‏@mattoldham 14h

"jay ‏@jamieburrows_ 14h

Haha! We do have some beauts among us don't we.

It's a shame Mike's had to give oxygen to the views of our crank contingent but "most Oldham fans had a bit of a moan last night but remain right behind the manager" wouldn't have made such good copy I suppose.

I liked the article at first but it's annoying me now.

Edited by HarryBosch

The team have been playing football that is easy on the eye for months , but also for months , failing miserably to increase the goals scored ratio.

We are in the umpteenth season of struggle and are in no different a position to the previous manager ......

And as for building a team , for next season , how often does that happen with the ship them in / ship them out world we now live in.

The strikers are not delivering the goals ,this is their primary task .

So much was expected from our biggest name striker when he signed and very few can be happy with what he has achieved so far.

Eleven goals in eleven home games is a shambles .....sort that out first and then worry about social media.

I do agree with the article. But I question when will it turn will it be the next game the next month or will it be to late

Personally I think either next season or the one after. Iv always wanted manager after manager but this time I feel LJ is very capable. Rome wasn't built in a day.

It's frustrating we all get that I think. But I think most of us realized this year was one for the team to gel. And to find where it hasn't quite worked and tweak at the end of the season. For me this season Lj has a free pass this season unless we go down, I think we will stay up.

If your going away from games spitting your dummy out every time we lose and slagging players and management because we haven't challenged for promotion after just staying up last year then you only have your unrealistic expectations to blame. Infact there is a couple of teams down the road who tend to win most weeks you could go have your expectations met there.

Let's just see where we are in 12 months before we start with doom and gloom

We've won as many games in 2014 as the red lot have. :wink: Edited by rudemedic

“There are a lot of fantastic signs for the future, but we have to steer ourselves out of this murky patch,” said Johnson

Think that pretty much sums us up, unfortunately football and its fans these days are blinkered by the short term.

I agree almost entirely with Mike's article.

I barely post on here anymore and don't even read it all that often due to the amount of :censored:e that gets spouted particularly after a defeat. I also agree with OAFCTOM that Twitter and this board are probably best avoided after a defeat until the frustration has died down and you can be more objective about things.

The thing is, EVERYONE is frustrated and pissed off after we get beat. If we had a cat in our house the little bugger would be black and blue from all the kicks it would have had this season. And I don't buy any of this "you couldn't wait for us to get beat" bull:censored: either. We're all Latics fans and we ALL want the team to do well, and no true Latics fan ever wants us to lose games.

Unfortunately social media sites allow some of our empty heads to say things to players/staff/other fans that they wouldn't dream of saying to their faces. I'd wager that most of those allegedly going ape:censored: on twitter last night are sexually frustrated 15 year olds anyway. But we certainly aren't the only club that have this contingent.

For me, LJ is doing a good job. He's got the defence working as an effective unit, and whilst we aren't keeping many clean sheets, we're not conceding many goals in a game. Wes and Smith are playing well in the centre of the park, and where the real area of concern lies in not scoring enough goals, he's tried to address the issue by bringing in the experience of Harkins and Worrall, but it's not going to happen overnight.

As has been said elsewehere, this season was always likely to be about transition, and Johnson IS building a good YOUNG squad. He is trying to keep the nucleus of that squad together whilst adding a bit of experience where necessary, and will no doubt look to build upon that foundation for next season.

I agree almost entirely with Mike's article.

I barely post on here anymore and don't even read it all that often due to the amount of :censored:e that gets spouted particularly after a defeat. I also agree with OAFCTOM that Twitter and this board are probably best avoided after a defeat until the frustration has died down and you can be more objective about things.

The thing is, EVERYONE is frustrated and pissed off after we get beat. If we had a cat in our house the little bugger would be black and blue from all the kicks it would have had this season. And I don't buy any of this "you couldn't wait for us to get beat" bull:censored: either. We're all Latics fans and we ALL want the team to do well, and no true Latics fan ever wants us to lose games.

Unfortunately social media sites allow some of our empty heads to say things to players/staff/other fans that they wouldn't dream of saying to their faces. I'd wager that most of those allegedly going ape:censored: on twitter last night are sexually frustrated 15 year olds anyway. But we certainly aren't the only club that have this contingent.

For me, LJ is doing a good job. He's got the defence working as an effective unit, and whilst we aren't keeping many clean sheets, we're not conceding many goals in a game. Wes and Smith are playing well in the centre of the park, and where the real area of concern lies in not scoring enough goals, he's tried to address the issue by bringing in the experience of Harkins and Worrall, but it's not going to happen overnight.

As has been said elsewehere, this season was always likely to be about transition, and Johnson IS building a good YOUNG squad. He is trying to keep the nucleus of that squad together whilst adding a bit of experience where necessary, and will no doubt look to build upon that foundation for next season.

Thing what people do not get either is, its not just a Oldham thing happens with so many clubs not just on twitter but on other football forums also all about patience and time. Its annoying that we are still league one, but as i said elsewhere if we win on Saturday last night will be forgotton about.

Whilst i agree with the underlying sentiments in the article, i don't know of anyone who is crtical of the manager and who doesn't like what the guy is doing and is trying to do. Also, we are toothless. Every week the stats show goal attempts in double figures, but we can't score goals, which is quite fundamental in football. Not only that, we actually don't look like we will score goals. This isn't a recent problem, but it needs fixing. It is incredibly frustrating sometimes, and no doubt some of that frustration spills over. That said, i have no doubt we are stating the obvious and that LJ is doing everything possible on his limited budget to remedy the situation.

Maybe we should have a post-match frustration board/chat room, open for a number of hours after a defeat, draw or bad refereeing performance?

I agree, I was thoroughly dejected last night, at yet another narrow defeat where Latics failed to find the net, despite the opportunities to do so. That feeling fades and the support remains, with thoughts of the next match.

Twitter was an absolute disgrace last night, the vitriol spouted at Rooney was shocking and embarrassing. He didn't miss the penalty, it was saved. The comments were a total overreaction.

"Twitter was an absolute disgrace".....well bin it then.....leave the tweeters to stew in their own mire of despondency....(sounds almost Shakespearian that.) :getmecoat:

to be fair to some of the foamy mouth types on twitter they're just kids. I'd lay good money on a few of those quoted being under 16. Just wash their mouths out with soap and water and send 'em off to bed without their ovaltine. Twitter and Message Boards gives everyone an equal say, be you 80 or 8, insane or quite normal. Best to filter out most of it. You wouldnt bother listening to a group of 14 year olds gobbing off in person so why bother online? And they might be potty mouthed little scrotes howling at the moon but one day they might be fine upstanding citizens.

Just in case anyone thinks I've gone soft - birch 'em! That'll learn 'em.

“There are a lot of fantastic signs for the future, but we have to steer ourselves out of this murky patch,” said Johnson

Think that pretty much sums us up, unfortunately football and its fans these days are blinkered by the short term.

There's a balance to be struck between short-term stability and building for the future though, isn't there? Johnson's primary objective for this season is to keep us in this bloody division. If he isn't able to do that, he can't be seen as blameless.

Building for the future is a secondary objective, albeit a very important one.

There's a balance to be struck between short-term stability and building for the future though, isn't there? Johnson's primary objective for this season is to keep us in this bloody division. If he isn't able to do that, he can't be seen as blameless.

Building for the future is a secondary objective, albeit a very important one.

Spot on Stevie, the way things are heading at the moment we will be the best prepared and best passing team in League 2 next season.