Port Vale [Pre and Post-Match Reaction]

Need a striker in before the end of Jan, preferably before the end of the week.

No-one is brave enough to take a chance, to put their in where it hurts or to "run through brick walls."

I don't have much faith that we'll scrape through without the addition of prolific goalscorer.

Anyone called Lee Hughes? :wink:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't just LJ who can be questioned. He can't make players take responsibility and be brave on the pitch, or pick up a runner from a basic set play for the players!!

Maybe he should start, sooner or later like, to cover such basic things in training.

He should also fine anyone who takes a corner that doesn't beat the first man..

Edited by JoeP

There's absolutely no getting away from the fact that due to the size our club we're where we probably should be in the table. What's frustrating me and I'm sure many others is this. Too much over the top press, from almost the last 3 seasons it's been a 'chance of promotion' or a 'playoff challenge' with us finishing way down the table. Budget keeps getting cut.

Now finally we have a manager that seems to be half decent, at least talks a good game. Keeps the fans up to speed etc. I'm just a bit worries he's a bit of a 'Billy big potatoes' who doesn't need a no2. He :censored:ing does now! He needs some support, someone older to talk him through these tough patches. It's starting to feel like the start of Dickov's downward spiral, only this time we're already in a :censored: position so can't afford to lose 12 of the last 17 games....

We're in the :censored: if nothing changes, LJ needs to either coach the :censored: of his players or bring in a couple of decent strikers.

just got back to Surrey and that was dreadful, best part of 100 quid gone and the same old latics.

driving down the m40 my biggest gripe was the player share money going to this Latvian eddy but I've not seen him kick a f.?kin ball yet.is this bloke real?

now would have been ideal to put it toward a good striker while we're in the :censored:,but us raising 50 p a week won't make a difference?

it's like putting a plaster on a broken leg. anyway I'll feel better after a few beers

just got back to Surrey and that was dreadful, best part of 100 quid gone and the same old latics.

driving down the m40 my biggest gripe was the player share money going to this Latvian eddy but I've not seen him kick a f.?kin ball yet.is this bloke real?

now would have been ideal to put it toward a good striker while we're in the :censored:,but us raising 50 p a week won't make a difference?

it's like putting a plaster on a broken leg. anyway I'll feel better after a few beers

To be fair, I think Johnson admitted at the recent meeting that using PlayerShare funds for the kid was a mistake.

I agree that it should be used for someone far more likely to be on the pitch. It can only help the whole PS concept to have supporters watching a player (as with Kuqi) and thinking their donations contributed to putting him there.

... my biggest gripe was the player share money going to this Latvian eddy but I've not seen him kick a f.?n ball yet.is this bloke real?

He's definitely real, saw him on t'internet in the pre season friendly vs Bucharest. Haven't got a clue where he's disappeared to now though.

Edited by laticsrblue

In the Chron, Charlie MacDonald says:

Being told a few home truths after the match, with a lot of constructive criticism and an open floor to air our own opinions was a necessary measure – none of which I can reveal.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/84309/emotions-running-high

In the Chron, Charlie MacDonald says:

Being told a few home truths after the match, with a lot of constructive criticism and an open floor to air our own opinions was a necessary measure – none of which I can reveal.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/84309/emotions-running-high

I imagine the "home truths" and "constructive criticism" were along these lines.