Take a bow Connor brown

Does anyone know specifically why Philliskirk and Dayton were brought off? Were they worse than anyone else or was there something tactical (and if so, exactly what) that the required the withdrawal of these players.

Dayton was having a shocker - highlight was the pearoller of a corner - when he ran to get the ball for the throw in he was laughing. Not impressed.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

taking philliskirk off gave us a presence upfront with JCH coming on, and with Dayton coming off it allowed korey smith to get back into his natural CM role, Connor brown at RB and that left us 4-42 with Harkins and Worral being the wingers

Spot on Kieran! Oh Connor Brown, what a second half he had! Good post, lets get behind our players

Dayton was having a shocker - highlight was the pearoller of a corner - when he ran to get the ball for the throw in he was laughing. Not impressed.

I really think people the game too seriously, laughing out of embarrassment is a fairly natural reaction, doesn't mean he enjoyed it or intended to do it again

I really think people the game too seriously, laughing out of embarrassment is a fairly natural reaction, doesn't mean he enjoyed it or intended to do it again

I hope he was laughing to himself in embarrassment when he was carted after half an hour.

Hopefully Mills will be back to play left back.....please.

For me Brown has had plenty of chances at right back to make the spot his own. A good 45 at Cov and another today, that's it? Not good enough IMO.

A poor mans Kelvin Lomax and he wasnt good enough either

Connor is 10 times the player Lomac ever was, I think you have been watching a different connor brown

Hopefully Mills will be back to play left back.....please.

For me Brown has had plenty of chances at right back to make the spot his own. A good 45 at Cov and another today, that's it? Not good enough IMO.

A poor mans Kelvin Lomax and he wasnt good enough either

i never saw kelvin lomax take on 3 or 4 players and have a shot ever in his latics career... i also never saw him beat a man for pace, I actually didn't mind lomax he was a steady player but how you can say connor brown is a poor mans kelvin lomax I don't know! Connor brown is and always will be better then lomax, he also has a lot more to offer at only 20 years of age

Never been Brown's biggest fan but he was superb yesterday.Made some excellent runs forward, didn't look as suspect defensively as he has in the past. And getting booked for kissing the referee is just magnificent.

For those upset that I compared Brown to Lomax. I wouldn't have either in my side they were/are both :censored:e IMO

Brown may have improved but :censored: me! He needed to! Still has a long long way to go...

Put it this way when he leaves Oldham will he step up? Take a sideways step in the same division? or drop down levels like Lomax did?

taking philliskirk off gave us a presence upfront with JCH coming on, and with Dayton coming off it allowed korey smith to get back into his natural CM role, Connor brown at RB and that left us 4-42 with Harkins and Worral being the wingers

yes we all know that but dayton was garbage again, cant see a way back for him unless we don.t want to win games, lightweight, cant beat an egg, can,t cross the ball, it was a toss up philly or mac to come off , we need some sort of physical presence up top, i thought that mac was poor today,

It meant LJ could rectify his cluster-:censored: of putting Korey Smith at RB; and having Harkins in CM.

Fair play to the manager mind, big balls to admit you got it wrong and do something about it so soon.

JCH gave us an outlet up front. Smith going into the middle, where he is undoubtably best, meant ee had a foothold in the game again, Connor Brown into RB meant a player playing in that position who actually plays that position; and moving Harkins the feck out of the middle and into an area where he could actually play his natural game...

Totally wrong selections today.

But you know what, fair play - he sorted it out as soon as he could.

Tough on Philly and Dayton, but each was the right call - once it was apparent it was a :censored:ing disaster...

smith also played further up the pitch than all season, a message there i think,

not forgotten the mare he had against shrewsbury, he needs to play flat out like yesterday,

against the shrews most of the team had mares to be fair.

If he can play good against a so called top L1 team then he should be able to do it most games.

Its up to him or he will go the way of kelvin.

we will find out at the end of the season if LJ decides to keep him or make him move on.

For those upset that I compared Brown to Lomax. I wouldn't have either in my side they were/are both :censored:e IMO

Brown may have improved but :censored: me! He needed to! Still has a long long way to go...

Put it this way when he leaves Oldham will he step up? Take a sideways step in the same division? or drop down levels like Lomax did?

Maybe not in my best 11 but I'd have him in my squad he's a good player to come in and fill the gaps when we need him too which is why I hope we keep hold of him in the summer

He cost us a goal against shrews and his bottle went. He hid for the rest of the game, didn't give us an option and didn't want the ball.We can't afford passengers

I would not be surprised if he isn't even here next season. Lanzoni and Kasunga have both been preferred to him in "his" position this season.

I saw the ref incident and think Mike Keegan's got it wrong. Connor climbed out of the Chaddy, noticed the ref was getting a card out of his pocket ready to book Kusunga and grabbed the refs arms to stop him - ref took it badly and booked Connor at which point Connor gave him a mouthful and carried on back to halfway...not exactly hugs and kisses.

Having said all that Connor had a great 2nd half yesterday - going forward has always been the better side of his game. It'll be great if he can maintain that form for a period of time now particularly as it ensures Smith moves back to CM.

like a lot of latics fans ,havent been a big conner brown fan, but since hes come back ,sheds loads better, and good on the lad, only needs to be more confidante to play a 1st time cross ,so many times makes the over lap, passed the defender ,but will not cross 1st time then looks for the pass back , cross it over conner, it will work , enjoying see-ing you having ago