Take a bow Connor brown

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO it shows the overall opinion of a player is not good when every time he does something right or has a decent 45mins he gets his own thread. Note: only 45 mins each time

thats the problem with most of our kids, be it millar, winchester or brown they have talent but not the consistency. CB is the most likely to make it to a regular first team spot but its touch and go at times.

Im not a fan of his hes a liability with the ball but of late he seems to be growing a bit in confidence and not panicking as much

he did very very well when he came but he needs to do this week in week out

Edited by bluehobbit

thats the problem with most of our kids, be it millar, winchester or brown they have talent but not the consistency. CB is the most likely to make it to a regular first team spot but its touch and go at times.

Im not a fan of his hes a liability with the ball but of late he seems to be growing a bit in confidence and not panicking as much

he did very very well when he came but he needs to do this week in week out

And the only way he can do this week in week out is by being given a regular starting spot. IMO he should be !st choice right back, I would even give him the left back spot as we seem to be struggling there. He has a decent left peg you only have to see how many times he favours it when shooting.

Hopefully Mills will be back to play left back.....please.

For me Brown has had plenty of chances at right back to make the spot his own. A good 45 at Cov and another today, that's it? Not good enough IMO.

A poor mans Kelvin Lomax and he wasnt good enough either

Hopefully Mills will be back to play left back.....please.

For me Brown has had plenty of chances at right back to make the spot his own. A good 45 at Cov and another today, that's it? Not good enough IMO.

A poor mans Kelvin Lomax and he wasnt good enough either

Before he got his injury that kept him out for a good few weeks, he had started to make the spot his own, he has got the potential to nail it permanently he just needs a run of games.

Before he got his injury that kept him out for a good few weeks, he had started to make the spot his own, he has got the potential to nail it permanently he just needs a run of games.

Agree. He was coming on strongly before he got knacked and he's come back better from the off. We should back the lad.

45 mins 1st half vs Coventry, he was excellent.

45 mins 2nd half today, he was excellent.

It's well known i'm not his biggest fan, but he plays for my team and I back him whenever he does.

He needs to be more consistent in his game. He's shown in those 2 examples above that he can be an effective League One full back.

His main problem is that just as he can easily play a blinder, he can be absolutely feckin woeful the very next time.

Plenty of work to do, and jury is still out for me, BUT - credit the lad where he deserves it (& I have aftrr both of the games I mention) he was excellent today...

Does anyone know specifically why Philliskirk and Dayton were brought off? Were they worse than anyone else or was there something tactical (and if so, exactly what) that the required the withdrawal of these players.

Tactical with an eye on which players wouldn't throw a big sulk.

Does anyone know specifically why Philliskirk and Dayton were brought off? Were they worse than anyone else or was there something tactical (and if so, exactly what) that the required the withdrawal of these players.

Dayton was poor, and Philliskirk was ineffective, but I wouldn't say poor, I think it was tactical, especially as they had their number 2 (who is obviously a full-back) playing centre half and Charlie Macdonald was as big as he was, if not taller, and was beating him in the air.

I thought Dayton looked poor.

Philliskirk was unlucky. Charlie was having a mare. Hope it helps him get his sharpness back.

It meant LJ could rectify his cluster-:censored: of putting Korey Smith at RB; and having Harkins in CM.

Fair play to the manager mind, big balls to admit you got it wrong and do something about it so soon.

JCH gave us an outlet up front. Smith going into the middle, where he is undoubtably best, meant ee had a foothold in the game again, Connor Brown into RB meant a player playing in that position who actually plays that position; and moving Harkins the feck out of the middle and into an area where he could actually play his natural game...

Totally wrong selections today.

But you know what, fair play - he sorted it out as soon as he could.

Tough on Philly and Dayton, but each was the right call - once it was apparent it was a :censored:ing disaster...