Korey Smith

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think he was at the races today, but the conditions were terrible, so I'll overlook today's performance.

A few have said similar - I don't think he was any better or worse than his usual self today.

There's a great player in there but he seems happy (or instructed) to go through the motions.

Funny how we all see the game differently. I didn't think Smith was that bad. To get some idea of the conditions you only needed to (a) look at the corner flag at the corner of the main stand and the chaddy road end - it was almost horizontal at times and (B) to step out of the ground after the match and ask yourself how you would fancied playing tippy tappy football with that wind. I was disappointed with the goal we conceded but overall not too disappointed with 4 points from the last two games. I would have settled or that before the Swindon game.

Hellfire....in one topic, three of our midfielders have been verbally shredded. Smith is a shirker, Wes is half as good as Smith and Mellor is simply crap. For what it's worth, I think Smith has been a very good captain for us covering immense yardage and nearly always available to be passed to in all four corners of the pitch, Wes (when fit) is an asset but would like to see more of him getting to the opposition's box and when Mellor got his confidence up also played well and was unlucky to be dropped to accommodate Dayton.

He looks tired to me - possibly a result of playing in every game including all the JPT ties. Plus he's not missed a single period through injury.

Performances short of what they were at the start of the season for me, but that doesn't mean he's playing badly per se. For me he is just capable of more, but I would still say that he is performing as well as anyone else.

I though he played fine and I didn't think he looked tired.

There's just so much more there though, in my opinion, but he doesn't seem to (want to?) produce it.

He's never going to be the greatest passer of the ball or score bagfuls of goals. He does have all the attributes of the type of player who should be driving us forward from midfield though.

But he doesn't.

Korey has probably got the most ability of any central midfielder we have had since Wellens, i think he is a very good midfielder and could easily see him playing at a higher level if he wants too. In fact he would probably be more suited to playing at a higher level. He does drive me mad though, when the going get tough he is our captain and should be the figure head but he seems to go into his shell. Also not sure why this is but i dont think his 2nd half performances are as good as his 1st half, and finally he should take a shot now and again, he gets into positions just outside the box and his only thought is to pass...

Korey has probably got the most ability of any central midfielder we have had since Wellens, i think he is a very good midfielder and could easily see him playing at a higher level if he wants too. In fact he would probably be more suited to playing at a higher level. He does drive me mad though, when the going get tough he is our captain and should be the figure head but he seems to go into his shell. Also not sure why this is but i dont think his 2nd half performances are as good as his 1st half, and finally he should take a shot now and again, he gets into positions just outside the box and his only thought is to pass...

Stephens a miles better player.

His dribbling, close control & speed remind me more of Kilkenny.

Stephens and Wellens were/are better players but Smith has more ability than most we've had on our books since. I like him but, from what I've seen, he's no captain.

Agree, he can play and we've had much worse in recent times, not in the class of Stephens, Wellens or Kilkenny though.

I suppose it depends on what you want from a captain, if I heard Smith on the radio I wouldn't know it was him, he might be great in other areas though.

Agree, he can play and we've had much worse in recent times, not in the class of Stephens, Wellens or Kilkenny though.

I suppose it depends on what you want from a captain, if I heard Smith on the radio I wouldn't know it was him, he might be great in other areas though.

I'm not too arsed if he does guest DJ slots on Capital FM or not.

He is vocal on the pitch. He (usually) leads by example on the pitch. He drives us forward on the pitch.

On the pitch, he is the only real viable option for captain; and bar possibly Tarky when he was here, has been since he came to the club.

I'm not too arsed if he does guest DJ slots on Capital FM or not.

He is vocal on the pitch. He (usually) leads by example on the pitch. He drives us forward on the pitch.

On the pitch, he is the only real viable option for captain; and bar possibly Tarky when he was here, has been since he came to the club.

Wes would be/is a good captain, he did it quite a bit last season, including against Liverpool. I think Korey Smith being captain allows us to pay him a bit more, especially as he doesn't have to do the "Captain's notes" in the programme.