• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a reminder to those going by train, please book tickets via PlayerShare WebShop.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/laticsplayershare

There are a range of booking sites, but if you type Virgin into the search they charge you know booking fees or card fees and pay a bigger commission to the PlayerShare fund.

Thanks.

why yawn was it your only day out this season ?

You're being a bit of a twonk.

If I was skint, which I have been during my life, I would pick and choose my games. Anfield trumps Prenton Park.

If I worked matchdays, I'd bend over backwards to get the time off for Anfield. Not Prenton Park.

If I was a Yeovil fan, living in Warrington, I might not have the money, desire or time to get to their away game at Bournemouth.

I'd love bigger home and away followings for Latics. But supporters often have very good reasons for not attending games.

didnt say it was attractive just said it would be nice if a fifth of those who made the trip to anfield could make it, its a shame when we take nearly twice as many to anfield as we do for an home game but part and parcel of being a football fan, always remember going to ipswich when we went up from the old 2nd division and won 2-1 must of been 2000 make the trip to suffolk, we played them again a couple os seasons later, sean mccarthys debut and there was 78 of us in the away end and 2 of them were bradford fans.

didnt say it was attractive just said it would be nice if a fifth of those who made the trip to anfield could make it, its a shame when we take nearly twice as many to anfield as we do for an home game but part and parcel of being a football fan, always remember going to ipswich when we went up from the old 2nd division and won 2-1 must of been 2000 make the trip to suffolk, we played them again a couple os seasons later, sean mccarthys debut and there was 78 of us in the away end and 2 of them were bradford fans.

i was at both of those if it helps

Is the moral of this story that, barring those hardy 76, the rest of us are even bigger :censored: than those two Bradford fans?

think the moral of the story is that 20 years with nothing to celebrate other than a couple of giant killings in the cup has decimated our following, I am convinced that the following could still be there if only we could have a season of success, if that coincides with the new stand going up and an improvement in the facilities then all the better.

was that match played on a tuesday,all standing to the right of the nets?

the 0-0 draw was played on a saturday, when we won promotion I stood in a paddock along the side of the pitch in what is known as the cobbold stand almost level with the goal went in a pub not far from the away end it was full of latics, the 0-0 was in the winter and they put us in the same part of the ground but in the top tier, funnily enough went in the same boozer and i was the only one in there!

the 0-0 draw was played on a saturday, when we won promotion I stood in a paddock along the side of the pitch in what is known as the cobbold stand almost level with the goal went in a pub not far from the away end it was full of latics, the 0-0 was in the winter and they put us in the same part of the ground but in the top tier, funnily enough went in the same boozer and i was the only one in there!

it must have been the season or 2 before the promotion year,piss funny with less numbers than that,on a barlows special with earthquake,caveman an maggie on the front haha,them wer the days,as for trannies away,I wil be going but I can't stand the place,ther fans r knobs an the police are well over the top,went last year,only 500 tics an was the dullest game an atmosphere ever,swore I would never go back,but only a hour up the road so what the hell!!