so who thinks we are okay after that ?

Anybody ? Totally dejected after that, we have gone from a team playing well and getting beat to a team playing bad and getting beat, fullbacks dreadful, lightweight up front too many not putting it in korey, philly pulling out of challenges, its nothing i havent said before but that manager and group of players will take us down, it aint good enough average height of our team must be 5 foot 6 it looked literally men against boys today, the quality barring harkins has gone especially at fullback, mills tarky kusunga and lanzoni or that load of chaff today ? see rooney scored again today to rub the salt in and finally whats wrong with koreys attitude on the pitch he needs to man up and do his job not spend hallf the game moanin with anyone who will listen it might actually improve his game because today he was dire half hearted and had his toblerone boots on, other than that shot he did zilch.

if we dont get anything at crewe we will be in bottom 3, rotheram will be too good for us.

No we won't. Can't see any of the teams below us picking up any points on tuesday and wednesday, with the exception of Shrewsbury.

Though, it could all change by 5pm next saturday.

all about opinions even stevenage are picking up points, personally thing county and shrews are in trouble but honestly think we will be lucky to get a point in the next two games, got my tickets for both but not expecting anything, might beat crawley but they have tubbs who is on fire brentford and orient not a chance of anything both too organised, just dont see where the points will come from.

if we dont get anything at crewe we will be in bottom 3, rotheram will be too good for us.

No we won't. Can't see any of the teams below us picking up any points on tuesday and wednesday, with the exception of Shrewsbury.

What Rob said, then factor in Carlisle v Stevenage, Wolves v Shrewsbury and. Tranmere v. Notts County are Saturday's fixtures. Think you'd get 100/1 for us to be in the bottom 3 on Saturday as Crewe would have to give us a spanking to go above us too.

Not exactly we WILL be in the bottom 3, is it?

okay meant bottom 4 but whichever way you look at it we are neck deep especially with most teams around us having games in hand, only fee week ago when we had MK at home if we had won that we went top half now we are right in amongst it with plenty of hard fiwtures coming up, on the plus side there are a dozen grounds in lge 2 I havent visited.

It's pretty bad when we're at a stage where we're speculating about how bad other teams need to be in order for us not to be in the bottom four,

I've no idea how the weekly training sessions are set up but, given that first half display, there don't seem to be too many practice drills on how to get about attacking and breaking down the opposition. Preston scored early and, for the rest of the half, did the bare minimum required to keep our impotent forays into their half at bay.

Second half Clarke Harris came on and we were instantly more of a threat with the persistent long ball to the front man which seemed to be the tactics from first whistle. I flat out didn't understand the idea of pumping it up to the front two who clearly aren't a match in size and strength to the opposing defenders; it was absolute child's play for them.

Preston were better organised, better drilled and altogether more professional, which was integral in deciding the winners between two distinctly average teams.

At the moment I feel thoroughly disappointed at the way this season has panned out. The last few seasons I've felt we were where we were because we simply weren't good enough. This season however I felt we should be doing much better, look at that league, bar perhaps the top 4 the rest of the sides are hardly remarkable. I'm sick of pundits and opposition fans looking down their nose at us. There should be a desire to prove these people wrong instead of feeling sorry for ourselves and blaming everything on the budget

Edited by Tommy_Fent

For me, LJ needs to get back to basics and draw up the same plan he put into place around this time last season. We're in a similar predicament - fragile, struggling for goals, treading water. Sure, we have virtually a new playing staff but he needs to start getting results now. Crewe is a huge match to win.

I wouldn't rule out a loan move for a tall imposing striker before the end of the month too. Someone to make the ball stick up front. Matt Smith anyone?

Id love to know whether people are still thinking LJ's contract extension is "the best thing the club has done in years" like I heard some at the time.

No, I certainly am not saying "sack the manager", I'm wondering, IF we do drop, what next? How can fans who rounded on Penney, Moore and to some extent latterly Dickov, accept him in charge next year?

The only way to improve IMO is stability. Ride out the bad periods and kick through them. Examples are: Yeovil and Orient. Have faith in the manager, but if we go down. Needs to be a fresh start for me.

Edited by pukka

Id love to know whether people are still thinking LJ's contract extension is "the best thing the club has done in years" like I heard some at the time.

I was very uneasy with this. But I like LJ and I like long termism. It just felt like that commitment to one manager was a year early.

but if we go down. Needs to be a fresh start for me.

I'd stick with him. I might get twitchy by the following December though.

If we don't get anything next Saturday, then Crewe will have picked up points. They're below us, aren't they...

We need a new left back desperately. Mellor is sooo not the answer. Got absolutely beasted yesterday, as he has done EVERY time he's played in that position. As someone else has mentioned, we've gone from Mills, Tarky, Kusunga, Lanzoni, a quality back four, to the absolute dross we saw yesterday. We have a league 2/non-league back line at the moment and Corney needs to get his hand in his pocket.

Edited by Snookmeister

Corney & LJ need to get their arses in gear and start speaking to Burnley about getting Mills back in the summer. They clearly don't want him and I was very impressed with him when he was here. I wouldn't even object to us speaking to Daddy Johnson to get Lanzoni back..

Get Mills permanently and then Lanzoni on a season loan...while we are at it, might as well nip back to QPR and try to bring in Petrasso on a season loan as he was improving a lot just before he went back.

Oh and sign a striker who scores goals B)

I thought we were terrible first half but we were alright second half and I think we would have got something from the game with 11 men.

The defence will do & Mellor is fine at leftback provided he gets forward more - that's what Mills was so good at rather than his defending, it keeps an opposition right winger on the back foot moreso too.

Get Korey Smith driving us forward and running at the opposition, and their defenders will be like dogs on lino.

With a proper two upfront - Turner & MacDonald on Tuesday then Clarke-Harris and A N Other - this will open things up for us.

It's that simple for me.

Philliskirk can come off the bench, he's not scoring or creating anything so give him a rest now and let him kick on over the summer and into next season.