so who thinks we are okay after that ?

I thought we were terrible first half but we were alright second half and I think we would have got something from the game with 11 men.

The defence will do & Mellor is fine at leftback provided he gets forward more - that's what Mills was so good at rather than his defending, it keeps an opposition right winger on the back foot moreso too.

Get Korey Smith driving us forward and running at the opposition, and their defenders will be like dogs on lino.

With a proper two upfront - Turner & MacDonald on Tuesday then Clarke-Harris and A N Other - this will open things up for us.

It's that simple for me.

Philliskirk can come off the bench, he's not scoring or creating anything so give him a rest now and let him kick on over the summer and into next season.

:omg:

Mellor is the worst left back I have EVER seen wear the shirt. In over 30 years.

Lockwood is shocking. He was at Guisely Town for a reason.

Mellor is the worst left back I have EVER seen wear the shirt. In over 30 years.

Worse than Plummer?

Lockwood was at Guiseley Town for the well documented reason that he left Bury outside the transfer window & was essentially our player all along.

Edited by HarryBosch

We've got to remember that this is LJ's first season as a manager. At the start of the season he had a pretty good group of players. However, we kept outplaying teams and losing. So as a manager you have to change things. Rooney wasn't scoring - well who was? Dayton went off the boil. We lost two wingers for different reasons and also two defenders we couldn't afford to keep. Right, you are the manager, what would you have done? Difficult job on a shoestring budget.

He is now settled in the job. I'm fairly confident we will still get enough positive results to stay up and then for me, the big test for him and everybody is what he does in the summer and early on next season.

He will have had over a year in the job and will have learnt a hell of a lot. It's now all about how he reacts to it and if he can improve it. At the moment, I am optimistic that he can. If it's still like this at around Dec/Jan next season, that's when we have to really ask questions!

Apart from one slip Lockwood has been solid, he was at Guiseley only to give him game time before we signed him.

You could say the Preston centre back Jack King was in non league for 8 years for a reason, but he was excellent for them yesterday.

Edited by BP1960

We will be doing everything we can in training to put it right......

Nobody is more disappointed than the players themselves......

Oh and we have now gone 31 games since a win by more than one goal. .....erm don't write that one down

And LJ wonders why there is no atmosphere.