The ball boys

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A blokes who "supervises" the ball boys passed on a clear message to a group of them that the manager thinks that they are helpful to the opposition and have cost us points this season.

While allowing room for Chinese whispers something has been said by LJ and it seems like a cheap shot to me. Ironically, a set of written rules were issued to them this afternoon that require "fairness to both sides".

As for multi-ball, the Football League have banned it. We only use it on the north side of the ground due to a concession linked to the building of the new stand.

Is there not a chance it's something he did want to get across to the ball boys but it's been communicated poorly and/or taken in the wrong way?

Based on his public persona I can imagine him putting it across to the ballboys in a perfectly reasonable way.

Maybe the supervisor you mention has less of a way with words.

Looks like Johnson is blaming everybody bar himself

If I were LJ, I'd be less worried about the ball boys and more worried about his captain, who continually gave the ball away cheaply, and :censored: out of at least 2 50/50 challenges I can think of yesterday. That and one of his most senior players in Grounds, who managed to let the ball slide straight under his foot for their first goal.

Everyone knows LJ is arogant, there has been many times he cancelled events due to being a couple of minutes late. This has stretched to a group of kids not being able to meet him due to them being a bit late. So this wouldn't surprise me if he's said it in a bad manner

What do you mean?

If I were LJ, I'd be less worried about the ball boys and more worried about his captain, who continually gave the ball away cheaply, and :censored: out of at least 2 50/50 challenges I can think of yesterday.

Summer move in the back of his mind?

smith will be gone in the summer. He is a top player for this level and everyone getting on the captains back is not needed should be supporting him! he has shown what a player he is and he is extremely talented on the ball and looks a class above nearly all of our players

smith will be gone in the summer. He is a top player for this level and everyone getting on the captains back is not needed should be supporting him! he has shown what a player he is and he is extremely talented on the ball and looks a class above nearly all of our players

He's one of a number at the moment who seemingly couldn't find his own arse with both hands, let alone another blue shirt. As skipper he should be leading by example though, and for my money he is falling way short of what he's capable of. He's by no means alone though.

Is there not a chance it's something he did want to get across to the ball boys but it's been communicated poorly and/or taken in the wrong way?

I've been very careful to word it in a way that states what's been said by who and where the message has come from. So yes, it is possible that the message of an enthused manager has turned into the comments of a besieged madman when it's been passed on.

It's still :censored: though.

One of the community team wanted to take the kids on a tour of BP and meet LJ but they where a few minutes late which was not acceptable by LJ

Go on....

Why didn't he meet - was he trying to fit in a meet between other arrangements?

You said that "Everyone knows LJ is arrogant" - explain

You said "Many times LJ has cancelled events" - explain

I have read some :censored: on here over the years but this really does take the biscuit!! The manager is running a club. You look at teams in the top tier there ball boys do help the home team slow down when needed, speed up when losing. Our ball boys have always been too young. We are trying to build a successful club on and off the pitch it's all got to link in. Fair play to LJ if true.

One of the community team wanted to take the kids on a tour of BP and meet LJ but they where a few minutes late which was not acceptable by LJ

Hard to judge unless you know the full story. Maybe he was due to meet a player, visit a kid in hospital, put a proposal to the board, have a performance review with one of his staff.

Love it!

3 points off the relegation zone so its time for the complete character assaniation of the manager!

Based off 2nd hand information and rumours which are negative so they must be true.

Pathetic!

I have read some :censored: on here over the years but this really does take the biscuit!! The manager is running a club. You look at teams in the top tier there ball boys do help the home team slow down when needed, speed up when losing. Our ball boys have always been too young. We are trying to build a successful club on and off the pitch it's all got to link in. Fair play to LJ if true.

Our ball boys are under strict instruction from the FA that they have to treat both home and away team fairly, or the club risks a fine. Johnson knows this.

As said earlier, LJ needs to stop worrying about ball boys and start getting the shower of :censored: on the pitch performing.

Jesus, let's all slate the manager for being a bit busy running a football team and saying the ball boys are a bit slow.

I highly doubt that he's pointed the ball boys out as the reason we're losing games and it was probably just a side-comment about them being a bit :censored: - which let's be honest, they are.

well why not have ballboys who dont give a :censored: fits in nicely with the clubs players at the moment maybe LJ can have a word with those who :censored: out of a 50/50 in case they injure themselves and jepordise the summer move they are after, ffs what do they get for doing the job a hot dog and a bottle of pop ? players there on a few grand a week not doing the basics worry about them first.

As said earlier, LJ needs to stop worrying about ball boys and start getting the shower of :censored: on the pitch performing.

Struggling to remember such a heated paragraph than this from you, Dan.

Some people on here won't know you but, for me, that paragraph speaks volumes...

Love it!

3 points off the relegation zone so its time for the complete character assaniation of the manager!

Based off 2nd hand information and rumours which are negative so they must be true.

Pathetic!

I highly doubt that he's pointed the ball boys out as the reason we're losing games and it was probably just a side-comment about them being a bit :censored: - which let's be honest, they are.

I've explained the context quite clearly in this thread. The ball boys have been told that the manager thinks they are costing us points. I've been up front about the context of the conversation that took place and have been relayed the story by two separate ball boys, both of whom I consider to be reliable individuals.

As I posted above, there is a possibility that LJ has said something which has been shared with the ball boys in a less than constructive way than he intended. But the message they received unequivocally says the manager has blamed them for this football team having lost points.

My own view is that he's been derogatory about them and that's what's been passed on. If he wants to refute this I'm sure he has the PR skills to do so. If he wants to let it disappear as just another meaningless thread on a message board I'm sure he will. If he wants to get the ball boys in for a "training session" to let them better understand the dark arts of fair play that benefits the home side more I'm sure that they would jump at the opportunity. After all, these kids are fans and will probably remain fans long after he's gone.

I'd like to think that I'm not a sensationalist individual. I have no agenda against the manager. Indeed, most of the stuff I type onto these pages is supportive of him, albeit with a caveat of needing him to back up the impressive chat with results on the pitch.

If you think my comments in this thread are lies, that's your choice. If you think something's gone astray somewhere in the chain of communication before reaching me then I acknowledge that it's possible. It seems unlikely to me though.

I've certainly not made anything up. Why would I?

Edited by opinions4u

I've certainly not made anything up. Why would I?

I don't believe you have pal, you are one of the more reputable posters on here.

All I'm saying is that there is a likelihood that the connotations of the message could have been miscommunicated in an odd series of chinese whispers. I'm not calling anyone a liar but I'm not ruling out the possibility that the meaning and severity of the message could have been confused.

It also seems that some people are just using this as reason to have a pop at an already under fire manager in his first year in the job, doing a better job than others in the league in a very similar season to the ones we've had for the past 5 years.

Edited by iamjonesyyoafc

Our ball boys are under strict instruction from the FA that they have to treat both home and away team fairly, or the club risks a fine. Johnson knows this.

so what stop other clubs doing it then! Seen plenty over the years. Even quite a few this season?