wasted cup cash

anyone else wondering how we have sold players, had cup run last year yet still cant put together anything that you can call a team. you have to say when your over a year into the job that the below is pretty poor and shows no forward thinking. if we cant muster anything after last/this yrs FA cup cash plus transfer sales we are never going to put much better together in future. budget will be lower again next year. another clear out beckons if we are lucky to stay up

keeper - on loan and prob not that arsed if we go down

right back - temp deal

centre back - temp deal

centre back - has another year to go

left back - youngster struggling to break through

right wing - loan

left wing - loan

centre mids - only two signed up

centre forward - from nrth w counties (0 pro career goals)

centre forward - 1 yr deal (spent his peak yrs in the conference)

This is not about LJ or any other manager that we employ it is about a hand to mouth existence with other priorities in terms of strategic finance that are above investing in a credible team.bring Ferguson or Mourinho in and things would not be significantly different.Oldham has dwindling support, a population unwilling to get behind a football team and owner/owners that got into something that has backfired, trying to extricate themselves from the mess in a dignified manner.

But is it not true? And he Isn't doing much to help it now either

You missed the sarcasm in my post. The landlords were the first in the queue who could spend the money to save us, that does not mean they saved us. I'm inclined to think if Oldham had gone properly bust back then we would be in league 2 (or conference) now. (It was around the time AFC Wimbledon were formed).

You missed the sarcasm in my post. The landlords were the first in the queue who could spend the money to save us, that does not mean they saved us. I'm inclined to think if Oldham had gone properly bust back then we would be in league 2 (or conference) now. (It was around the time AFC Wimbledon were formed).

Ah, I see to be quite honest I can't really remember any of this, I was only 6/7 when all this was happening I think

No, and it's pretty clear to anyone with half a brain where the money goes and it isn't back pockets.

Towards the stand? Theres no point having a nice new stand with no fans in it. I'm sure at the start of the season Corney must budget without the thought of FA cup runs which would make it logical to use abit of the extra cash to invest back into the squad. Me along with many others are tired of paying to watch a team with little investment and no purpose other than to finish mid table at best. We proved back in Shez's era that we can still get 5-6k fans per week if the team have abit of investment and look like they are playing to achieve promotion rather then simply just survive for another year.

Edited by 20JoeM07

Do directors put money in clubs and expect it back ?

It's hard to now under the salary cost management protocol as any money put into with an expectation that it has to be paid back, cannot be counted as eligible revenue. The money owed to 'shareholders' in OAFC's accounts are listed as shareholder funds, not loans. My guess is that when future accounts are published, this figure will not have reduced.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Towards the stand? Theres no point having a nice new stand with no fans in it. I'm sure at the start of the season Corney must budget without the thought of FA cup runs which would make it logical to use abit of the extra cash to invest back into the squad. Me along with many others are tired of paying to watch a team with little investment and no purpose other than to finish mid table at best. We proved back in Shez's era that we can still get 5-6k fans per week if the team have abit of investment and look like they are playing to achieve promotion rather then simply just survive for another year.

Bottom line is, we may as well put no seats in the stand for what they're worth.

The stand isn't being built primarily for that reason, it's being done for the additional income generated by having other facilities.

Although, we can't even fill the "o2 business suite" as it is.

Bottom line is, we may as well put no seats in the stand for what they're worth.

The stand isn't being built primarily for that reason, it's being done for the additional income generated by having other facilities.

Although, we can't even fill the "o2 business suite" as it is.

for obvious reasons.. That will not be there when the new stand is built.

Koukash investment never meant moving to Salford, only problem was Corney & pals wanting to make their money back through the ground. Koukash valued the club much lower and didnt want to pay the overvalued amount Corney wanted. Think we should have at least explored the Koukash interest further. But heyho we'll plod on the same way we have and probably keep cutting the budget!!

Yeah cracking idea, so you'd rather have investment and move to Salford? :censored: that off i'll have corney thanks

Yeah, read between the lines, putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.

I wouldn't want Salford, and i don't think the powers that be would have allowed it.