Difference in playershare

I think playershare is a brilliant idea don't get me wrong and I think the fans in playershare deserve a lot of credit

This is by no means a dig, just laughed and joked about it at the game last night.

With our playershare money we signed - Edjin Joskts

With half of RUFC's playershare they signed - Kieran Agard (black lad up front for them last night)

Slight difference?

Again not a dig and credit to those in playershare

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think playershare is a brilliant idea don't get me wrong and I think the fans in playershare deserve a lot of credit

This is by no means a dig, just laughed and joked about it at the game last night.

With our playershare money we signed - Edjin Joskts

With half of RUFC's playershare they signed - Kieran Agard (black lad up front for them last night)

Slight difference?

Again not a dig and credit to those in playershare

Hopefully you are a contributor to PS.

If not, you're part of the joke.

Hopefully you are a contributor to PS.

If not, you're part of the joke.

I am part of the joke and to be honest never really looked as I have things to pay on a fairly low wage, however I will have a look into it.

I stated this wasn't a dig, just the difference in quality of the players that's all

I am part of the joke and to be honest never really looked as I have things to pay on a fairly low wage, however I will have a look into it.

I stated this wasn't a dig, just the difference in quality of the players that's all

I guess I don't find it particularly funny that Rotherham's player share scheme is backed by a greater number of enthusiastic fans than our own.

On a related note, I'm off to transfer a crisp fiver to the good cause as a result of 'clogger' Lockwood smashing a clearance onto the main stand roof. I never saw Tarky do that.

According to the PNE programme Beckett was a playershare signing.

Kuqi definitely was a Playershare signing, I'm fairly certain Playershare topped up Wes' wages when he signed his current contract too. I don't think the issue is with the amount of cash being raised more it wasn't used wisely this year. I can see what Johnson was trying to do but it was the wrong move and hindsight is at the moment proving that.

We were planning a major push on playershare starting from tomorrow. Plans were in place as Lee Johnson himself wanted to sign up for and contribute to the scheme with an photoshot, article on the web and the chronicle too, push for contributors to sign up on next home games ect...

In hindsight of recent result, we are waivering wether our timing is off and too postpone.....my personal view is the perfect time to strike as if your pissed off with whats on the pitch and if you can spare a £1.00 a week as a regular contributor, or use O4U fundraising when purchasing on line, or even make a pledge on the playershare pledge then brill.

As Lee is already on receord for saying, he feels guilty about using fans money on a project like Eddie as the club are not set up to handle long term investments at the mo and now understands how much a first teamer would help our cause better

Chris Hill worked out in the last meeting that only 80 fans are regular contributors via DD or.....2% of our gate. Imagine what it could be like if we could all manage a £1.00 a week

I guess I don't find it particularly funny that Rotherham's player share scheme is backed by a greater number of enthusiastic fans than our own.

On a related note, I'm off to transfer a crisp fiver to the good cause as a result of 'clogger' Lockwood smashing a clearance onto the main stand roof. I never saw Tarky do that.

heheh, so it was you who made that pledge......it was the highlight of teh night for me knowing that money was generated to player share...thanks

According to the PNE programme Beckett was a playershare signing.

Kuqi definitely was a Playershare signing, I'm fairly certain Playershare topped up Wes' wages when he signed his current contract too. I don't think the issue is with the amount of cash being raised more it wasn't used wisely this year. I can see what Johnson was trying to do but it was the wrong move and hindsight is at the moment proving that.

Almost heheh Yes on Beckett, do you remember Cedric Evina..sold to Charlton that gave the club a 10k, Yes on Kuqui, Weso's wasges could be as we made a off donation to help the club towards the end of last season and Simpson and Croft were mentioned as benefits of it. With Eddie, it was a gamble on a project that did not work out but we trust the mangers judement when he approaches the committee for funds. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and LJ now admits a first team/cusp of the first team player would benefit this scheme better

Edited by underdog

Almost heheh Yes on Beckett, do you remember Cedric Evina..sold to Charlton that gave the club a 10k, Yes on Kuqui, Weso's wasges could be as we made a off donation to help the club towards the end of last season and Simpson and Croft were mentioned as benefits of it. With Eddie, it was a gamble on a project that did not work out but we trust the mangers judement when he approaches the committee for funds. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and LJ now admits a first team/cusp of the first team player would benefit this scheme better

Can I clarify when playershare started then?

Again this wasn't a dig and to be honest it's freshened up the debate about playershare and people's involvement. I'll quickly happily donate 1 pound per week and if it is promoted and marketed properly I should imagine a lot of people will join.

I saw what johnson was trying to do with joskts too, sadly it didn't work out, however the other signings of kuqi and beckett, should these have been through playershare were good signings.

As I said before, we used it as a joke to cheer each other up as it was particularly dire what was being played on the pitch. Lockwood shouldn't be used in the same sentence as tarky anymore but if you like cloggers then you sure will love lockwood.

Anyone got a link for making a pledge?

I'm sure it will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Set up a regular standing order to the bank details below:

BENEFICIARY NAME: Trust Oldham PlayerShare Save-Scheme

SORT CODE: 16-27-11 (RBS Oldham Branch)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10176108

(or send a faster payment)

PayPal

Donations can be made by PayPal to playershare@laticsplayershare.co.uk

For one off payments, such as cheques, please email playershare@laticsplayershare.co.uk

Again this wasn't a dig and to be honest it's freshened up the debate about playershare and people's involvement. I'll quickly happily donate 1 pound per week and if it is promoted and marketed properly I should imagine a lot of people will join.

I saw what johnson was trying to do with joskts too, sadly it didn't work out, however the other signings of kuqi and beckett, should these have been through playershare were good signings.

As I said before, we used it as a joke to cheer each other up as it was particularly dire what was being played on the pitch. Lockwood shouldn't be used in the same sentence as tarky anymore but if you like cloggers then you sure will love lockwood.

Next time you and your pals wanna talk about it, how about join it instead of mocking it and comparing it against others.

It is run properly and all of those who pay into it choose to do so for the love of the club we support. There are also plenty paying into it who could find something much better to spend their money on...myself included. The problem with playershare and Latics fans is, there is always an excuse. I bet there are loads of people who come on here talking about how much they want the club to sign new players, but can't even go through the webshop when they spend online.

If you can't afford to join it, that's fair enough but at least click on the webshop link so that when you spend online playershare get's some money.

I'll quickly happily donate 1 pound per week and if it is promoted and marketed properly I should imagine a lot of people will join.

Standing order details:

BENEFICIARY NAME: Trust Oldham PlayerShare Save-Scheme

SORT CODE: 16-27-11 (RBS Oldham Branch)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10176108

Set it up with your bank online, by phone or in branch.

Kuqi and Evina certainly were. Beckett predates me watching Latics regularly so I don't know.

A couple of other ways you can help:

1. Whenever shopping online go via this PlayerShare WebShop link:

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/laticsplayershare

Add it to your favourites. A percentage of each spend goes to PlayerShare. Take a look and start using it. No extra cost to you.

2. Whenever searching the internet use this link:

http://laticsplayershare.easysearch.org.uk/

Add it to your favourites. Each time you use it, even if it's just "owtb" or "oldham athletic" that your after, 0.5p is earned when you click through. A dozen searches a day adds £20 to PlayerShare funds a year. Absolutely no cost to you. Multiply that up through the fanbase.

Edited by opinions4u

That predates even me....but I think leeslover has touched on it above.

That's what I thought, Beckett was the trust putting money in- that is not the same as Playershare, otherwise it should have been used for the years between 2006 (Beckett going) and 2011 (Evina arriving).

The more Playershare can separate itself from the Trust the better IMHO, that kind of misinformation does the opposite.

That's what I thought, Beckett was the trust putting money in- that is not the same as Playershare, otherwise it should have been used for the years between 2006 (Beckett going) and 2011 (Evina arriving).

The more Playershare can separate itself from the Trust the better IMHO, that kind of misinformation does the opposite.[/quote

It's a trust idea.....I don't know the particulars with Beckett as it's before my time, Evina, kuqi and Eddie are from playershare trust contributions.

No need to go all "mulder" on the concept just try and have faith in the present with it and if you can, attend a meeting, offer your time, suggestions etc if you can't afford a donation.

We start a season anew can't you embrace playershare the same?

I am more than willing to meet wiith anyone who wishes to discuss playershare with me or has any queries. Likewise feel free to PM me on here or facebook. There is also a newsletter going out next week. Feel free to send me your email if you want a copy.

Playershare has a huge potential with donation levels standing at just 2% of our gate. With that small number we raise an incredible £10k a year. I urge anyone eho can afford to get involved and sees the potentialthen please do.

The scheme has effectively kept us in this league twice with beckett and kuqi goals and made the club upwards of. £10k from cedric evina.

LJ has regrets over Eddie and has spoke of a change in ideas of how he wishes to use the funds.

The more Playershare can separate itself from the Trust the better IMHO, that kind of misinformation does the opposite.

It's a trust idea.....I don't know the particulars with Beckett as it's before my time, Evina, kuqi and Eddie are from playershare trust contributions.

No need to go all "mulder" on the concept just try and have faith in the present with it and if you can, attend a meeting, offer your time, suggestions etc if you can't afford a donation.

We start a season anew can't you embrace playershare the same?

Lots of before my time from people who have been in Playershare from the beginning. If it was you, opinions, chrisktf, and others not connected with the trust, I think Lags was involved for a bit, but do correct me if I'm wrong, I'd be happy to help out when I can. The trust can F off for all I care, especially it's chairman and the PR man.

Don't get me wrong I understand that they give up their time and "work hard" but that doesn't give you the right to insult me in public.

Edited by rudemedic