Difference in playershare

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of before my time from people who have been in Playershare from the beginning. If it was you, opinions, chrisktf, and others not connected with the trust, I think Lags was involved for a bit, but do correct me if I'm wrong, I'd be happy to help out when I can. The trust can F off for all I care, especially it's chairman and the PR man.

Don't get me wrong I understand that they give up their time and "work hard" but that doesn't give you the right to insult me in public.[/quote

Wardle latic and Barry own can confirm the trust involvement with Beckett. The trust Are involved because its an idea from them and they want to make sure it's looked after.

Lags is still very much involved

Insult you in public?..heheheheh, that's made my day that has.

Join don't join, buy using the site don't buy, pledge don't pledge it's all about life choices. If you can great if you can't but can help out in other ways then that's great too.

All funds raised via PlayerShare WebShop get paid monthly / quarterly directly into the PlayerShare bank account.

No cash is handled by me. The money doesn't pass through any other account. It's an initiative to support PlayerShare alone.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/laticsplayershare

Edited by opinions4u

Lots of before my time from people who have been in Playershare from the beginning. If it was you, opinions, chrisktf, and others not connected with the trust, I think Lags was involved for a bit, but do correct me if I'm wrong, I'd be happy to help out when I can. The trust can F off for all I care, especially it's chairman and the PR man.

Don't get me wrong I understand that they give up their time and "work hard" but that doesn't give you the right to insult me in public.

Wardle latic and Barry own can confirm the trust involvement with Beckett. The trust Are involved because its an idea from them and they want to make sure it's looked after.

Lags is still very much involved

Insult you in public?..heheheheh, that's made my day that has.

Join don't join, buy using the site don't buy, pledge don't pledge it's all about life choices. If you can great if you can't but can help out in other ways then that's great too.

It's not you nor Chris, nor opinions, nor Lags that has done the insulting. Think you can work out who that leaves Edited by rudemedic

It's not you nor Chris, nor opinions, nor Lags that has done the insulting. Think you can work out who that leaves

So just say who you think has insulted you,and why; then they can apologise?

Next time you and your pals wanna talk about it, how about join it instead of mocking it and comparing it against others.

It is run properly and all of those who pay into it choose to do so for the love of the club we support. There are also plenty paying into it who could find something much better to spend their money on...myself included. The problem with playershare and Latics fans is, there is always an excuse. I bet there are loads of people who come on here talking about how much they want the club to sign new players, but can't even go through the webshop when they spend online.

If you can't afford to join it, that's fair enough but at least click on the webshop link so that when you spend online playershare get's some money.

As I said it wasn't said in any way to be a dig at people who donate to playershare, I think it is a good idea and believe that using it correctly (like rotherham have) can bring in some cracking signings.

For your information it wasn't a discussion and an ongoing joke, merely a comment, hinting at the difference between the two sides, in the main of what we saw on the pitch on tuesday night

When I buy thinks and book trains I go through links put on here if that counts but yeah I will donate to playershare and will use the links on here.

I do have better things to spend my money on and on a relatively low wage I use my money to attend games rather than give to playershare. I go both home and away and miss the very odd game other than at the start of the season going to work in america coaching.

ALL donations are greatfully received and we understand different circumstances prevent people from donating. LJ has admitted to making a mistake with eddie. The idea at the time was he was going to be " our" player who improved and we could relate to that. Injurues unfortunately prevented that. A change in tactic will be evident in lee's next use of the funds and us as a committee fully support his decisions and trust his judgement.

I can't stress enough though that 2% of our home crowd regularly donate a total of £10k a year. The potential is huge!

The OS is promoting PlayerShare, with LJ signing up, but it can't get the facts right. It refers to it being an organisation and a company, and says the £10,000 a year is equivalent to 2% of supporters, without mentioning the 80 contributors.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140313-sign-up-for-playershare-1419009.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The OS is promoting PlayerShare, with LJ signing up, but it can't get the facts right. It refers to it being an organisation and a company, and says the £10,000 a year is equivalent to 2% of supporters, without mentioning the 80 contributors.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140313-sign-up-for-playershare-1419009.aspx?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter[/quote

Aagghh, big bouncing cahoonas..........thanks Diego for pointing this out. I know Chris said it was a bit rushed today and I'm sorry for any offence it has caused, I'll let Chris know now.

I am hoping a thank you will be put in the programme for the last few game acknowledging the 80 regular contributors, o4u fundraising online scheme, owtb playershare pledge, owtb sub league and top secret turnstyle operator who has donated 1p per fan that has been through the turnstyle they operate.....

Damn it.....aagghhhhh

Edited by underdog

i was down at BP today to sort this. LJ was abit rushed as it was tagged onto the press conference. I am greatful for gordon and his time and effort and LJ who has been extremely supportive. Also Matt Chambers who is running an article in tomorrows chron. I emailed Gordon the webshop link but unsure of the legalities of the club promoting it as they are tied with different commercial partners.

LJ is putting his money where his mouth is though as this is a scheme he sees huge potential in and wants to push that 80 contributors (or a mere 2% of our home gate) up as far as we can. My personal target is 5% initially or 200 contributors to make roughly £25k a year

To the OP - completely understand what you are saying, but it does seem that LJ has learned his lesson. A slow burner like doesn't exactly inspire more people to donate, but im sure it was done in good faith.

Well done to everybody who pushes the scheme forward.

I have just added a monthly standing order also - mainly driven by guilt at not being able to make it to many home games.

Please can we now sign the next Stevie Whitehall :-)

I have just added a monthly standing order also - mainly driven by guilt at not being able to make it to many home games.

Me too, for pretty much the same reason! Plus all the promotion work done on here. Well done to everyone involved.