Difference in playershare

Thanks everyone for the vote of confidence, it's not easy as we all have different strengths who we trying to push this, me I'm crap with new technology, creating posters/flyers etc, but if someone offers to design like a new flyer like the one that is coming out then I will abuse the printing facilities I have access to an spend time at matches dishing them out.

Having an endorsement from LJ is also a boost.

And simple things like using the fundraising web link when we all shop helps. Playershare pledge has been a big boost too, an idea with no cost outlay whatsoever, just fans making a money pledge on an event and if it comes true, they cough up.

Owtb subs league offering a contribution and turnstyle fan who donates 1pm for every fan that goes through his/her turnstyle....

Of course the foundation of it all is the 80 (soon to be more) contributors, who without, we can't give a baseline of what regular funds are coming in and what we can forecast for a season to LJ.

We are trying our best, but welcome all suggestions, ideas, help we can.

You, yes you can make a difference, if you can afford a £1 a week then please consider helping your manager

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With your comments in mind Rummy, I should remind you that I designed and introduced this scheme some years ago. Despite Underdogs thanks and her lack of endorsement towards the Trust efforts both past and present , like it or not Trust colleagues over the years have put a great deal into the scheme. Lees lover is perfectly right when he states that the money for Luke Beckett actually came from the Trust and it was a substancial amount

I was going to let this pass without comment until a number of posters felt it appropriate to belittle the Trust and it efforts with
Playershare. Likewise some of my colleagues on the Playershare committee appear to be reluctant to suggest a link between the bodies.

It was felt a couple of years ago that Playershare should have more fans input and for some reason a number of fans felt it more appealing to do this type of work than join the Trusts "team". That has proved to be a fantastic move and I am proud to work alongside some great volunteers who are keen to work on the scheme to make it successful

The simple fact remains that the Trust and Playershare have one common goal and that is the interests of our football club.

You may not like a member of the Trust or the organisation generally but it unfair for me to let the occasion pass without the Trust being given some credit for Playershare work in the past and at present.

Barry

With your comments in mind Rummy, I should remind you that I designed and introduced this scheme some years ago. Despite Underdogs thanks and her lack of endorsement towards the Trust efforts both past and present , like it or not Trust colleagues over the years have put a great deal into the scheme. Lees lover is perfectly right when he states that the money for Luke Beckett actually came from the Trust and it was a substancial amount

I was going to let this pass without comment until a number of posters felt it appropriate to belittle the Trust and it efforts with

Playershare. Likewise some of my colleagues on the Playershare committee appear to be reluctant to suggest a link between the bodies.

It was felt a couple of years ago that Playershare should have more fans input and for some reason a number of fans felt it more appealing to do this type of work than join the Trusts "team". That has proved to be a fantastic move and I am proud to work alongside some great volunteers who are keen to work on the scheme to make it successful

The simple fact remains that the Trust and Playershare have one common goal and that is the interests of our football club.

You may not like a member of the Trust or the organisation generally but it unfair for me to let the occasion pass without the Trust being given some credit for Playershare work in the past and at present.

Barry

You're on a junket, Barry. If the fans of Oldham Athletic had any sort of collective fight about them, you'd be out :censored:ing quick sharp.

On a lighter note, I just donated £25 via the wonders of PayPal. This was my first one, I will do another month and so on around the same figure. If there are any other playershare virgins out there reading this and can afford to. I challenge you to donate something, anything.

Should be renamed Barry self-serving Owen, whilst your on here again hows about answering some genuine questions from genuine fans, your a fans representitive and took no time at all to answer questions on the trust threads, but couldnt miss an oppurtunity to self promote on here you really do take the biscuit, can understand if you dont want to get involved on here but dont cherry pick to feed your ego it shows you for the man you are.

As one of the eighty and one who was at Gillingham away I would just like to say that I hope to see you all in the SUPERFAN enclosure soon, of course you'll be in the second class section whilst us proper SUPERFANs are enjoying the views of the building site from our ivory tower.

As one of the eighty and one who was at Gillingham away I would just like to say that I hope to see you all in the SUPERFAN enclosure soon, of course you'll be in the second class section whilst us proper SUPERFANs are enjoying the views of the building site from our ivory tower.

I am afraid unless you are a member of the trust, playershare, the supporters club, in Barrys inner circle of Knights and actually pass blue urine.... You yourself will find yourself in second class!

Call yourself a supporter... meh! :)

Edited by oafc0000

I've paid for membership of the trust, not sure if I am still a member or not. Sadly not been in in the supporters club or Barry's inner circle, after some nights out I don't know what colour would describe my leavings!

I'll still have Gillingham.

Second class it is...

At least your not in fourth class like me :)

Your descriptive manner never ceases to amaze me Rummy. You get away with a lot of offensive and demeaning remarks on this site many a time without substance behind your arguments. Don't hide behind you keyboard and get up and bring that collective body of fans together to join the Trust and take over its affairs. My post has nothing to do with self promotion other than telling it as it is. My colleagues on the Trust are entitled to some praise for their effort with playershare in the early days and in the new set at present. Perhaps some helpers at the moment feel intimidated if they are associated with the Trust but I will not stand by and let the Trust officials who help with Playershare feel belittled by your and others comments.

Barry

Barry

Barry, I have never denied that playershare is a trust idea, in fact I think I have posted this several times. I am not a member of the trust and would be unfair to comment on such matters.

If you felt aggrieved over the lack of acknowledgment for the trust, maybe you could have raised it at the next committee or called for an earlier one

Edited by underdog

Your descriptive manner never ceases to amaze me Rummy. You get away with a lot of offensive and demeaning remarks on this site many a time without substance behind your arguments. Don't hide behind you keyboard and get up and bring that collective body of fans together to join the Trust and take over its affairs. My post has nothing to do with self promotion other than telling it as it is. My colleagues on the Trust are entitled to some praise for their effort with playershare in the early days and in the new set at present. Perhaps some helpers at the moment feel intimidated if they are associated with the Trust but I will not stand by and let the Trust officials who help with Playershare feel belittled by your and others comments.

Barry

Christ, you're just making it worse

These trust arguments are doing nothing for our club.

it needs sorting.

I stopped going on the trust website years ago. joined up but god knows if im a member as I never got any info. website is poor.

the stealing of funds didnt help and barry could be doing a good/bad job but all that matters is alot of fans are unhappy with the present state of the trust.

hope it gets sorted because we all love our club

Hold fire there, weren't you only at Gillingham because your wife took you down south to see Mamma Mia and visit Meerkat World for your birthday? Or something like that.

First of all playershare was a trust idea and launched by the trust and run by the trust. Now it has a separate committee, although 2 of the committee members are also on the trust board. Both rick and barry work incredibly hard for the scheme as do all of the other committee members. Let's not let all the hard work be spoilt by personal issues. I have personally put around 30 hours into this scheme this week with various tasks i am carrying out. This isn't done for recognition or to say "i'm better than X, Y or Z" it's done because i love the club and believe this scheme could be hugely benificial, as do the other members of the committee. We all work hard for the good of the club.

Hold fire there, weren't you only at Gillingham because your wife took you down south to see Mamma Mia and visit Meerkat World for your birthday? Or something like that.

Almost, I was in that neck of the woods to see Sigur Ros in Brighton & London.

Still counts.

Don't hide behind you keyboard and get up and bring that collective body of fans together to join the Trust.....

.....Barry

How about someone answering the thread where people seem like wanting to join the Trust but have been ignored for more than 2 weeks then?