Difference in playershare

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about someone answering the thread where people seem like wanting to join the Trust but have been ignored for more than 2 weeks then?

I tend to stay away from the trust discussions on here, but I totally agree with this Jorvik!

Piss poor organisation on this one. Barry seems more than happy to respond to criticism and get involved in an argument with Rummy, yet when serious questions or suggestions are raised there's absolutely no response.

Poor relations between the fans representative and the fans again, but what do we come to expect these days.

No personal vendetta Barry, but it is clearly evident.

I tend to stay away from the trust discussions on here, but I totally agree with this Jorvik!

Piss poor organisation on this one. Barry seems more than happy to respond to criticism and get involved in an argument with Rummy, yet when serious questions or suggestions are raised there's absolutely no response.

Poor relations between the fans representative and the fans again, but what do we come to expect these days.

No personal vendetta Barry, but it is clearly evident.

Forget it. He's untouchable.

Don't hide behind you keyboard and get up and bring that collective body of fans together to join the Trust.....

.....Barry

Completely missed the point again; in a nutshell I was stating that by-and-large Oldham fans are happy with what they have - otherwise you'd be hounded out of your comfortable position. However, for the record - can I state that earlier this season (Chesterfield at BP) I set up a meeting with Corney to suggest radical fan involvement and match-day initiatives which could've meant a different angle for the Trust, out with the old - embrace the new. After some early dialogue with Corney (and I genuinely believed he wanted to see me) he went to ground and I've not heard from him since. I've moved on to new projects since, and now I couldn't give a :censored: where you end up.

Is trust membership a one off payment to be considered a member or do you have to pay every year ?

Just reading on wiki they claimed to have 701 members as of 2008. Is that 701 people who paid a one off fee sometime between 2003 and 2008 ? or is that year on year payments ?

How many people have joined since 2008 ?

What does the trust consider its current membership level is ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust_Oldham

*I asked all this four years ago and nobody could answer the questions. Just wondering if there has been any progress. I looked on trust website but it didn't help.

Edited by oafc0000

I've been having a think about this issue over the last couple of days and the problem I have with the trust at the moment is that I have no idea what it's there for anymore.

Playershare is doing well, especially more so recently because of 2 things. Direction and promotion. There's a clear message about what it is there to achieve - if you contribute that will have a direct influence on the playing staff. And the more contributions the better calibre of player we can get in. Simple to grasp and easy to donate thanks to the efforts of the people involved in promoting and running it and also the ideas of others to help promote it. Johnson admits he made a mistake with it this season but imagine what an advert for playershare it would be if we could grow the fund to pay for Harkins next season.

Congratulations to the trust for setting it up in the first place but I can't help but wonder if it would be doing as well if it had stayed within the trust.

This is by no means a personal attack on anyone involved in the trust. I joined it years ago when the message was clear - we need a fans representative on the board to prevent anything like the he who must not be named situation happening again. There was promotion, drives to raise funds and ultimately the goal was achieved. But what now? I'm not sure what the aim is. Or what it does for that matter.

What I'd expect is fans getting a say in the running of the club. Not day to day, not even a deciding vote, but to have their opinions canvassed and concerns raised at trust meetings and have those opinions fed back to the club. I wouldn't expect minutes from club board meetings, or player salary details, but to use one example of late... why is the manager taking to twitter to ask the fans what they think about moving the home end? Not knocking Johnson, credit to him for asking, but surely this is something that the trust should be taking the lead in?

Also, what about the new stand - when this was being designed and planned for this was another opportunity for the fans to be engaged through the trust to canvas opinion on size, style, what should go in it. Again, I'm not saying that fans should have the deciding say but at least let them be heard - let the club present their vision and let the fans debate it with them in a proper meeting. And for those who can't attend meetings, there are plenty of other ways for the trust to connect with fans.

New shirt design, discussing what offers or non-offers may have come in for the club, there are a lot of things that could be discussed but as far as I'm aware, aren't. All these sort of things would give the fans a feeling of being connected and part of the club. It all feels very "us and them" at the moment.

As this playershare drive has shown, fans are more than willing to help and contribute, they just need to know what's being asked of them.

Is it possible for a link to see how much is in the playershare fund ?

I don't think a link is available for that. However, at each committee meeting this can be found out and then passed on to fans via the minute's.

Pleased to say today I am sending out 3 more playershare gold pin badges to the new contributors...cheers Lags.

Also, what about the new stand - when this was being designed and planned for this was another opportunity for the fans to be engaged through the trust to canvas opinion on size, style, what should go in it. Again, I'm not saying that fans should have the deciding say but at least let them be heard - let the club present their vision and let the fans debate it with them in a proper meeting. And for those who can't attend meetings, there are plenty of other ways for the trust to connect with fans.

I've changed my views on this over the years, however I think that everything to do with the facilities and the "fan-facing" elements of the club (stand design input, shirts, refreshments, pre-match entertainment etc) should be run past the supporters. Everything. After all, it's your club - something that will be handed down to young family members over time. Corney and the board of directors' decisions will echo throughout history long after they have gone. When Corney and his chums go, and they will go, will it still be the same club to you? Can the supporters put their hand on their hearts and say, "this is our club - we had a hand in this"?

I hope that it never happens again, but if there ever are any problems, does Oldham have a Kris Stewart, an Andy Walsh, a Ken Malley?

I've changed my views on this over the years, however I think that everything to do with the facilities and the "fan-facing" elements of the club (stand design input, shirts, refreshments, pre-match entertainment etc) should be run past the supporters. Everything. After all, it's your club - something that will be handed down to young family members over time. Corney and the board of directors' decisions will echo throughout history long after they have gone. When Corney and his chums go, and they will go, will it still be the same club to you? Can the supporters put their hand on their hearts and say, "this is our club - we had a hand in this"?

I hope that it never happens again, but if there ever are any problems, does Oldham have a Kris Stewart, an Andy Walsh, a Ken Malley?

Totally agree....