Hands Tied for Corney

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may well describe the scenario accurately , but crikey as a rallying call to the faithful ......

We are a division 2 team in division 1 (division 4 in real money) .......we have not been one since 1971 and I for one will never accept this , fortunately league tables are not entirely based on income & fanbase.

If we manage to recruit as superbly as Mr Dickov did with Jose Baxter or produce home grown talent like James Tarkowski .....tough , because agents will tell them how much somebody else will pay them and they will be off pronto.

Basically you cannot have any quality players and it is only a matter of time before we are in division 2 .....no doubt claiming we are a conference team playing in division 2 .....and can we have your season ticket money please.

Did i say you called him a messiah? just as i'm not in a " Corney out brigade" group, It's just that some fans wont have a wrong word said against them.

Your other question, that didn't get answered. Didn't, because you didn't :censored:ing ask it. Nor did i imply it. smart arse.

Nor have i ever siad, i wanted some other asset strippers to ride into town with a few spare millions to throw around, and i wouldn't expect anyone to either, who on earth would do something so stupid?, when the reality is, OAFC is worthless and assetless? in a business sense anyway. "Pessimism" "A state" you say?, i call, them facts.

So, what are you optimistic about? dropping down the divisions?

I accept i cannot do anything about it, and have to move on. That's what i do,It doesn't mean i have to like it.

You did say to me 'sorry to burst your bubble but the Messiah has brought us here'. That was my bubble you were bursting and introducing the Messiah into the statement. It certainly implied Corny was faultless.

I am entitled to clarify that I don't think Corney is the Messiah and confirm I have never said so.

The question I didn't ask you in the post you quoted was asked in an earlier post on this thread, to everyone. Fair play if you didn't read it.

From within my bubble I am on record highlighting some of the mistakes Corney has made.

1 One of TTA early decisions was to apply for planning permission to build 600 housing units on some of the BP land. This was far too ambitious in that location, greedy I thought. Initial planning (not unsurprisingly) failed, housing market began to dive.

2 Demolishing the Clayton Arms.

3 And, for me, the biggest avoidable mistake by a country mile, knocking down the Ford Stand. The cost to club financially, ground atmosphere, customer satisfaction and competitive atmosphere for the players is incalculable.

Like all of us Corney, is a long way from being perfect but I think he has the club at heart and focused on us remaining solvent rather than insolvent.

Chris Moore stayed here 2yrs funded a wage bill for promotion and left us in administration. his parting shot was he could not afford the £50,000 per week it was costing him to keep us afloat.

More than 2 dozen other clubs have had the same thing happen to them since, some twice.

Myself and many others would rather we played our way to bigger crowds rather than gamble with administration again.

Edited by mikeroyboy