Hands Tied for Corney

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“If you look at our crowds, we have an amazing hard core there, but people have to wake up and realise that our support is at League Two level. We keep ourselves in League One artificially and it is a dangerous game to play.”

I do have sympathy for him but tarky was contracted to us and despite what his agent says or wants we held the cards, he went on the cheap (375k) and if buisness had to be done it shouldnt disrupt our season, there was interest in him from other clubs and more money may of been on the table this summer, its as if the first bid of any size has to be accepted. One more thing crowds will come back if the results improve, away days show the level of support we have and id say next season we need to give the manager a squad of 25 that is settled and isnt going to dismantled mid season even if we have a player others are sniffing around rotherham preston and the like havent sold there best players and in a division where the margins are small we have to try and keep a squad together.

How many fans would it take for us to be League 1 size?

Or is your real size determined solely by the backer your club has?

Basically, how do you measure the realistic level of a club?

We got similar crowds when I started watching us in what it now the Championship.

If Tarky stays and we go down his value drops, If Tarky Stays and we survive then he has less time on his contract and his value drops.

Ask yourself this after being stung previously with Chris Porter and possibly Chris Taylor and the fact im sure he already turned down bids for Tarky.........

If it was your money and your business would you have kept him?

“If you look at our crowds, we have an amazing hard core there, but people have to wake up and realise that our support is at League Two level. We keep ourselves in League One artificially and it is a dangerous game to play.”

I know, I read it and is he also saying that financially, Latics are a League Two club?

"He also said the money-making FA Cup runs in recent years only served to reduce losses: “Realistically we’re a League Two club playing in League One,” added Corney."

Re Baxter, he implied that the player and the agent held all the cards. thats not true. Baxter have 2 years to run on his contract.

We choose to sell, I unerstand why we sell but to make out its all in the players and agents hands is simply not true.

Same with Tarky but he had less time to run on his contact,

Of course, a lot of what he says makes perfect sense.

However my main frustration with Corney is that none of it is ever the fault of him or the other 2.

Yes they bailed us out of the :censored: and make no bones, we would have folded......however knock down a stand and constantly promise the ground to be rebuilt and keep taking the promise away (not all in the hands of them, but other's have managed it... Brighton, Shrewsbury, Rotherham, Morecambe to name but a few). Then give us several years in a 3 sided :censored: hole, while selling the best talent for next to nowt??? Okay, I can except the loss of the likes of Baxter for such a paltry fee because of the circumstances. The sale of price for Tarky is just undefendable though? I mean Brentford for that price?

Sorry Simon, I don't want you to sell us down the river but if you own a football team then you need to back it financially from time to time or the customers will get fed up.

You continue to tell us you will walk away and give it to the fans but nobody wants that because it will fold. If you are serious about finding a buyer like you have always promised, then you need to start asking less for the land and the club and we can move on.

Stop blaming the fans all the time and take some ownership for bad decisions you and your pals made and back us or sell us.

I never thought I would see the day when little Rotherham were getting three times as many fans as us through the door.

And before anyone has a go, I am still a season ticket holder who attends every home match (and several away) and pay what I can into Playershare.

Corney and his mates failure to deliver this and then the numerous failed development options b,c,d and then finally the current tuck shop offering is the reason our future is that of a League Two side.

sigh

2ue3bci.jpg

Edited by oafc0000

I wouldn't go that far but they have made a number of very bad decisions, which he or they have never accepted.

My frustration is that it is always the fans!

Out of curiosity what was our average crowds before they came in with the promise of better things ? If it was less than what we get now then fair do's if not then they have failed us, whichever way you look at it the clubs support or lack of it boils down to lack of investment and false promises, many wont have this because of the circumstances they took us over from but the reality is a lot of what they promised was all wind and piss with no real sign of improvement.

Out of curiosity what was our average crowds before they came in with the promise of better things ? If it was less than what we get now then fair do's if not then they have failed us, whichever way you look at it the clubs support or lack of it boils down to lack of investment and false promises, many wont have this because of the circumstances they took us over from but the reality is a lot of what they promised was all wind and piss with no real sign of improvement.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

Go here... Select England from the left hand side... and then league clubs from the top.... and then Oldham Athletic...

The current average is the lowest in our history.

EDIT: Oh 1969 was worse... 3,862 So the current is the second worse season in history...

Edited by oafc0000

I have had enough of this guy now. We haven't been a league 2 or bottom division club in how long?? Not in my life time so there is only 1 person to blame and that's you mr Corney!

You blame everyone but yourself! Agents players managers but in the last 10 years there is 1 common thing....YOU

Don't you dare tell me that I should be grateful for watching league 1 football when we should be in league 2

Just :censored: off! If we are going to be in league 2 fine just don't stick around to give me more :censored: that we should be in the conference