Season Tickets Again!

Guest Laticswaj

Guest Laticswaj

Bradford are again offering £199 adult season tickets. £99 juniors, £149 senior/student.

Is there actually no way of giving this a trial one season?

I seriously believe raising the price is only going to have a long term detrimental effect.

I have just read that part of the increase is due to the new stand development.

What happened to the £5.8m that the council allocated to us?

If it doesn't work will you plug the shortfall?

exactly, it's a big big big risk... bradford chanced this when they had a backup plan just incase t didn't work, fortunately for them the people of bradford backed the plan!

And they're going over budget. A number of their fans want the ST prices raised to cover the losses the club are making thus jeopardising their future.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportbcfc/10985676.Bantams_boss_will_be_handed_ample_war_chest_for_next_season___s_campaign__reveals_Rhodes/?ref=rss

Bradford is also a City and has approximately 3 times the number of people to Oldham, a Town. Bradford only has Leeds and Huddersfield [Championship clubs] as close competition, whereas we are on the door step of 2 x [Champions League, let alone Premier League] Manchester clubs who have so much money they could wipe out 3rd world poverty should they wish. It's incomparable.

Bradford pulled crowds of over 12000 plus even when in league 2,this is why they can do deals like this.

Thats because of the deals they offered, originally when they went down to Div 2 the deal was £100 a season ticket.

When they were last in league one and before they offered a reduced season tickthere crowds were around 7-8k

Anyhow even if we offered the same deal i doubt we would get more than 5 or 6 thousand takers

Bradford also have the advantage of having a large ground, they're not expected to sell out. The most amount of season tickets we could sell would be around 6,000. At £100 that would equate to around £600,000, whereas 2000 sold at an average price of * £300 = £600,000

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Guest Laticswaj

They have done it for the last 3 years, before there was a league cup run and before they sold Nakhi Wells.

Yes, they do have a city and we have a town but we are in Greater Manchester and they don't all fit in Old Trafford and The Etihad.

We used to get good crowds and I don't believe there would be a shortfall more of a breakeven and if atmosphere is as important as we have been spoon fed recently then surely more needs to be done.

Haven't we played Liverpool 3 times and Everton twice in the last 3 seasons not to mention selling Dales Stephens, Tarkowski, Baxter in as many years and high earners leaving the club Mvoto, Taylor, Lee, Furman.

If we don't do something soon they'll only be 500 of us left paying about £1K per season ticket to keep us going and it doesn't have to be as extreme as £199 a ticket.

All I'm saying is that I don't believe putting up the price is the answer, if anything it is only going to scare more fans away until we are left with our 'hardcore', were simply putting off the inevitable.

I hope that when the stand is up and running that it adds some significant additional revenue because we are only going one way anyway.

Oh and 'Handsy'.

My ticket in Chaddy for one is £350 and you get to take two kids as well for same price, not exactly a logical marketing solution.

3 ST's for £397 not bad in my eyes. If I had two kids, I'd pay that. Full price chaddy is £420.

Guest Laticswaj

Yes but it still works out only £27 cheaper.

I don't begrudge the discount, I think the discount is weighted incorrectly.

Why should one person have to pay £350 for themselves when someone else can take 3 people for a fraction more? It just doesn't make sense.

I have just looked and in the last 7/8 years we have lost approx. 2500 off the gate, this was when the tickets were the same price.

There not gonna come back now it's more with the same standard of endeavour we've watched since Shez took us to the playoffs.

Isn't it only the last two years as well that kids tickets have been a tenner. How much was it before that? Probably more than £370.

Yes but it still works out only £27 cheaper.

I don't begrudge the discount, I think the discount is weighted incorrectly.

Why should one person have to pay £350 for themselves when someone else can take 3 people for a fraction more? It just doesn't make sense.

I have just looked and in the last 7/8 years we have lost approx. 2500 off the gate, this was when the tickets were the same price.

There not gonna come back now it's more with the same standard of endeavour we've watched since Shez took us to the playoffs.

Isn't it only the last two years as well that kids tickets have been a tenner. How much was it before that? Probably more than £370.

For adults the ticket price is more inelastic than it is when kids are thrown into the hat.

Make it too expensive for the kids and not only will the parents not take the kids, the parents won't go as they will find something cheaper to do.

The family doesn't go, the kids are lost to City/United for ever and you miss out on all those shirt/memorabilia, food, drink, sweet, childrens parties etc sales that parents would have paid for. There is no future for OAFC and we end up in the Ryman league.

You might think that the families are being subsided, in the long term, it is the other way round.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Yes, they do have a city and we have a town but we are in Greater Manchester and they don't all fit in Old Trafford and The Etihad.

....sure, but apart from Leeds 25k & Huddersfield 14k, they've only got Halifax 2k....

....we've got the Red sh1te 75k, the Blue sh1te 47k, W@nky Wanderers 16k, Plastic Latics 15k, Bury 3k, Dale 2.7k and Stockport 2.5k!

I have just read that part of the increase is due to the new stand development.

What happened to the £5.8m that the council allocated to us?

Don't know where you got that from. All the Council agreed was to buy the Lancaster Club site in Failsworth and make a £700,000 “one-off” grant to allow Latics to continue its work in the community.

Why is my maths wrong I sit in the RRE that's why I used the RRE prices the whole point of the original post was that bradford season tickets were cheaper but kids ones are at least double what latics are so as a fan who takes two kids to games it's cheaper to follow latics than bradford