Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all stop looking negatively into the future and keep optimistic.

I'd be more optimistic if the best players were kept, you can only go to the well so often before it runs dry.

Edited by BP1960

I'd be more optimistic if the best players were kept, you can only go to the well so often before it runs dry.

Agree the luck will run out one season hopefully the club hasnt run out of fans by then, all this building for the future crap is getting tedious now, theyve had enough in on transfers isnt it about time the club took one minute to think about what the fans want, a modicum of hope would of sufficed it appears TTA are hell bent on assett stripping and everyone seems okay with it,its baffling.

Agree the luck will run out one season hopefully the club hasnt run out of fans by then, all this building for the future crap is getting tedious now, theyve had enough in on transfers isnt it about time the club took one minute to think about what the fans want, a modicum of hope would of sufficed it appears TTA are hell bent on assett stripping and everyone seems okay with it,its baffling.

Its called balancing the books!

Now that's just the beauty of life isn't it. You sign someone, they get older, meaning someone else that's 'new and exciting' is now ready to be signed.

I thought you, of all people, know that it's a constant conveyor belt. Today's Wayne Rooney is tomorrow's Jose Baxter etc.

Bit less negativity from someone who knows better?

What's paying the bills and shortfalls?

What's paying for the new stand?

TTA won't call in their debt until we're Premier League, which is unlikely to happen.

Simon Corney is playing a difficult role in balancing what is right, where money is needed most and ensuring that we stay afloat over bad investments and over investment into the playing side whilst off the pitch we crumble.

Whilst not investing massively in the playing side, every manager under Corney has been backed financially in some sense. You don't get players like Jose Baxter without some sound financial backing.

As ChaddySmoker says, it's all about balancing the books.

Now that's just the beauty of life isn't it. You sign someone, they get older, meaning someone else that's 'new and exciting' is now ready to be signed.

I thought you, of all people, know that it's a constant conveyor belt. Today's Wayne Rooney is tomorrow's Jose Baxter etc.

Bit less negativity from someone who knows better?

Why is it negative to be realistic? sooner or later there will be no family silver to flog or money from cup runs to rely on.

I never recommended good players to have them sold on 12 months later.

IF JCH and Smith are both sold fans will soon lose faith in any talk of team building for the future as the next good prospects will go the same way.

What's paying the bills and shortfalls?

What's paying for the new stand?

TTA won't call in their debt until we're Premier League, which is unlikely to happen.

Simon Corney is playing a difficult role in balancing what is right, where money is needed most and ensuring that we stay afloat over bad investments and over investment into the playing side whilst off the pitch we crumble.

Whilst not investing massively in the playing side, every manager under Corney has been backed financially in some sense. You don't get players like Jose Baxter without some sound financial backing.

As ChaddySmoker says, it's all about balancing the books.

You can balance the books with relegation if you are happy with that.

Why is it negative to be realistic? sooner or later there will be no family silver to flog or money from cup runs to rely on.

I never recommended good players to have them sold on 12 months later.

IF JCH and Smith are both sold fans will soon lose faith in any talk of team building for the future as the next good prospects will go the same way.

Being realistic though BP one of those 2 will be sold by January at the latest. I will not be happy, you will not be happy but its the real world

Being realistic though BP one of those 2 will be sold by January at the latest. I will not be happy, you will not be happy but its the real world

I agree one may have to be sold to balance the books, but both could go pre season and that's my concern.

It's the way it goes - players go onto bigger and betting things in a lot of cases.

We've also fell down the holes where we have failed to cash in on players in the past. Perhaps that is also where the quick will to sell comes from now too.

Look at the likes of Chris Taylor, Neal Eardley and Keiran Lee - Latics lost them all on free transfers, however, it was well speculated that in all cases, Championship clubs were bidding for their services.

Whilst we kept those players, there was no progress, we are still a league 1 team. So maybe cashing in and earning some money on players is the right thing to do in some instances. If it takes the sale of JCH or Smith then so be it - i'm not happy that we have to sell our talented players, but it is a necessary evil we have to deal with and one which means we still have Oldham Athletic to watch.

The problem is other than us diehards the fans dont watch any more the bile spouted about building on last season momentum and developing players is all a load of crap havent bought my season ticket yet and at this rate im wondering why I should bother total lack of ambition, why build that stand the 2 or 3000 home fans and falling could all fit in the chaddy.

Whereas I understand the need for selling people on to "balance the books" but when the money isn't invested in the playing side it does become frustrating.

I think a lot of us need to realise fast that unfortunately we are possibly still sliding down that slippery slope and by selling a player or 2 offers us some friction

It's the way it goes - players go onto bigger and betting things in a lot of cases.

We've also fell down the holes where we have failed to cash in on players in the past. Perhaps that is also where the quick will to sell comes from now too.

Look at the likes of Chris Taylor, Neal Eardley and Keiran Lee - Latics lost them all on free transfers, however, it was well speculated that in all cases, Championship clubs were bidding for their services.

Whilst we kept those players, there was no progress, we are still a league 1 team. So maybe cashing in and earning some money on players is the right thing to do in some instances. If it takes the sale of JCH or Smith then so be it - i'm not happy that we have to sell our talented players, but it is a necessary evil we have to deal with and one which means we still have Oldham Athletic to watch.

Didn't we get a fee - albeit not a massive one - for Eardley?

Anyhow, agree with most of that. I remember it being said that we usually have to sell a player for a fee and / or have a decent cup run per season.

Recently we've seen that with Eaves, Stephens, Furman's loan & promotion fee, Baxter, Tarky and of course the Liverpool and Everton games.

Cup runs are not a given; so if you have interest in a player - any player - then likelyhood is they are going.

It's hugely frustrating. It's disappointing when a player you rate is sold on. It massively affects the continuity of the side and squad; the lack of being able to build a side for a prolonged period.

But - it balances the books and keeps the club running day to day.

Players will always be found. The better ones will inevitably leave us: the hope is we as a club see a transfer fee when they do rather than walking for free...