Team as it stands

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be the only one who thinks kasunga looks like a big clumsy bastard?

He'd frighten me to death playing midfield.

Nope, nope you're not. Another one here.

I swear the youtube video of "him" doing Cruff turns and step overs is someone else. He's dodgey as feck with the ball at his feet.

Defender? Yeah, he did pretty well, but i've seen diddly squat to suggest he'd be any cop at all in midfield...

I swear the youtube video of "him" doing Cruff turns and step overs is someone else. He's dodgey as feck with the ball at his feet.

Defender? Yeah, he did pretty well, but i've seen diddly squat to suggest he'd be any cop at all in midfield...

Maybe worth a throw up front as an experiment pre season, didn't he tuck a goal nicely away v Peterborough?

He was tricking like a Rio street urchin before he get put into the adverts prior to the red card

Maybe worth a throw up front as an experiment pre season, didn't he tuck a goal nicely away v Peterborough?

From near enough on the goal line? Yeah he did.

By that thinking, Lockwood is our new 20 goal a season striker; he stuck his 2 goals for us away beautifully...

I have a feeling LJ may go with a 5-3-2 next season using B.Wilson and Mills as wing backs with any 3 from Lockwood, Kusunga, J.Wilson and Brown in the 3 central positions, midfield would then be Smith central with Jones inside right, hopefully harkins inside left with JCH up front with a.n.other hopefully clarke/zoko/mcleod leaving turner, philly, dayton, winchester,

mellor and bove on the bench.

Edited by yarddog73

I have a feeling LJ may go with a 5-3-2 next season using B.Wilson and Mills as wing backs with any 3 from Lockwood, Kusunga, J.Wilson and Brown in the 3 central positions, midfield would then be Smith central with Jones inside right, hopefully harkins inside left with JCH up front with a.n.other hopefully clarke/zoko/mcleod leaving turner, philly, dayton, winchester,

I have a feeling that you may be completely wrong on so may bases that it is hard to know where to start

Edited by ChaddySmoker

honestly I know that brown improved in the second half of the season and we need to give him credit for that, but for christ sake if that defensive liability ever played centre half we would get :censored:ing hammered!!

haha why does that not suprise me !

Go on then, firstly why do you want us to play 3 centre halves? May I suggest that is just because Mills is so good going forward!

I advocated 3 at the back last year when we had Kusunga Tarky & Matteo-but not with the current 3! When Mills played for us before we played 4 at the back!

2) Smiths defensive attributes allow him to drop in and become effectively the 3rd centre half when both full backs, especially Mills go forward!

3) If we do re-sign Sir Gary, Mills will leave us totally exposed if he is disposessed leaving us with no defence on that side of the pitch until they reach our area,

4) Your system leaves out our best link player Philly being replaced by a centre half! I reckon Philly will be in demand by other clubs come January! (Helmet on!)

5) Some of those strikers are out of our reach, salary wise, apart from Zoko but perhaps even he is too dear! Turner will be a good un in time!

6) Your personnel leave us totally short of pace up front and in midfield (unsure about Jones speed)

7) With only 3 in midfield we will be overrun there by teams playing 4-4-2 espec with Sir Gary there!

8) When teams play 3 centre halfs and wingbacks the outball is usually lumping diagonal balls in from the halfway line to a tall striker etc etc etc

Dont see Brown as a footballer most the time never mind a centre half but as he has signed on for a year I suspect he will be played, personally id have Lockwood centre with J.Wilson left and Kusunga right with B.Wilson and Mills as mobile wing backs, I think that would work as we dont really offer anything out wide the way we currently set up for me philly dayton are ineffective out wide and mills and wilson would do a better job than either, I suspect the manager wont play like this bit it would give us a chance of getting bodies forward especially at home, as for Harkins at inside left I feel its his best position he isnt an out and out winger and tends to drift in, it could leave mills exposed but Wilson should be able to cover, with the players we are likely to have its something that could work it clear that the 4-5-1 wont work at home and something needs to change, as for wages for a forward wasnt rooney on around 5k a week clarke is on around double that but whose gonna pay him that when wolves off load him ? Lge 1 is his level and he will end up somewhere so why not with us ?

We didnt really play 4-5-1 we actually played more like 4-1-4-1 but slightly adjust that to 4-1-3-1-1 if Philly doesnt have to keep going back in to help the midfield.

At home or when we are on top that can be changed easily to 4-4-2 with Philly moving up top or even 4-3-1-2 with a sub.

Our system worked for the last 10 games and all that really (in my opinion) needed to change was better players, 2 done and 2 more to come hopefully

look at our home record in that unbeaten run 5 games 7 points and we played against some poor teams something has to change system wise at home or we wont break into the top half of the table, away tactics great but home it was poor.

So you want to play 3 centre halves and leave out Philly

So you want to play 3 centre halves and leave out Philly

Didnt do much for me in the 10 match run goes missing in games, especially against your Prestons and Rotherhams before that run he was no existent, might be harsh as he is a good footballer and he was shuffled about a bit but for me in the system id play he would have to miss out unless you played him as one of the two upfront but i dont think he and jch link up that well, if we had to use one of our strikers as it stands id give turner a spin