Guest Scratch2000uk

Just too many spelling and grammatical mistakes in this post for me - you wouldn't get that on Eintracht Frankfurt's message board.

The teaching standards are getting lower. :lol:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... blah blah blah ...

Yes I hate Britain and England, a proud history of righteousness whilst we raped and pillaged the planet simply due to a freak of weather conditions, geography, natural resources, ingenuity and slave labour we were able to develop a naval force beyond compare several hundred years ago. We were then able to use highly tooled weapons to subjugate the natives of other lands. A history that doesn't make me proud nor do I feel the benefits of today, unlike a small number of inter-related families and businesses.

...yadder yadder yadder ...

So :censored: you Britain and all that you stand for.

Language skills mostly and the wife's family, she likes being close to them.

I'd love to live in France, Holland or Germany but despite an E in GCSE German I would struggle to get work that pays near enough. Canada has been a possibility since my 20s but that's too far away from my wife's family, she won't move that far away.

& Less of the 6th form, I didn't spend 3 years doing a dual major History and Politics degree for nowt.

Plus, I'd miss Latics.

Not that I disagree with much of what you said but it can be said that, especially given your freedom to wonder and/or choose where you live your life, and possibly have the means to do so, that you have and do benefit greatly (and yes, maybe not your full fair share of benefit) from the reflected glory of the former Empire you are so righteously slating.

There are many many citizens of other countries with far fewer or attractive choices than we enjoy. Some of those choices have been protected by our armed forces, and some not, whether they were right to or not, or whether they were paid for it or not, but it is well worth to remember how privileged we all are, certainly in comparison to many many others.

Quite. I'd like to know where is "better"? How many countries in the world don't have some kind of deep rooted racism/sexism/capitalism/elitism/poverty gaps or similar horrible traits?

Don't necessarily disagree with a lot of what beag_teeets has said, just don't see how Britain is any more or less fooked up than most other countries in the world.

Norway or Sweden would get my choice, my bro-in-law lives in the latter. They pay high taxes and get a decent level of services back and they are happy with it. In Norway, doctors and bin men nearly get paid the same (though it is quite a bit).

I'm also happy though in GB.

Edited by jimsleftfoot