• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On that note I'm leaving this thread alone..

Words actually fail me

What an ignorant ungrateful tosser you are

For hating "Britain"? A totally made up, inconsequential nothing concept. Just because you are born at the geographical coordinates you were then you should "sport are troopz"! Be God fearing, enjoy vicars bicycling to evensong, cricket on the village green, warm beer, morris dancing, giving that Johnny foreigner a good thrashing with a good dose of daring do and a tally ho whilst you're on your way. Doffing your cap or tugging your forelock at your betters, the inbred European royals who lord it over us whilst keeping us in servitude and exporting their ill-gotten gains into offshore bank accounts.

Yes I hate Britain and England, a proud history of righteousness whilst we raped and pillaged the planet simply due to a freak of weather conditions, geography, natural resources, ingenuity and slave labour we were able to develop a naval force beyond compare several hundred years ago. We were then able to use highly tooled weapons to subjugate the natives of other lands. A history that doesn't make me proud nor do I feel the benefits of today, unlike a small number of inter-related families and businesses.

We've had one proud hour when we were eventually forced to stand up to Hitler after years of concessions had proven to fail to contain his expansionist plans. We then were part of a combined effort where our assess were handed to us until El-Alamein and eventually were part of a second front that played a small part in the Russians crushing what remained of the German Eastern front.

Since then we've seen neo-liberal governments and corporations rape and pillage us as hard fought rights and natural decency have been trampled all over in the chase for the mighty off shore tax haven Dollar. Our troops used only to protect the state's financial interests. The institutions that defined this nation have been proven time and time again to be corrupt, venal and morally bankrupt hideholes for all manner of thieves, psychopaths and perverts, The Bank of England, The Church (Catholic & of England, The Courts, The Police, The Army, The BBC, The Civil Service, BP, The Government and the Football Association to name a few.

We are left with Britain today, an empty husk of a concept bereft of meaning or worth. Used by the far right and ill-informed to define what was once great, to hark back to, reminiscing about an age that never existed as the world changes around them as it always has done. A Britain that is now all about putting profit before people, the now before tomorrow and me before you.

So :censored: you Britain and all that you stand for.

For hating "Britain"? A totally made up, inconsequential nothing concept. Just because you are born at the geographical coordinates you were then you should "sport are troopz"! Be God fearing, enjoy vicars bicycling to evensong, cricket on the village green, warm beer, morris dancing, giving that Johnny foreigner a good thrashing with a good dose of daring do and a tally ho whilst you're on your way. Doffing your cap or tugging your forelock at your betters, the inbred European royals who lord it over us whilst keeping us in servitude and exporting their ill-gotten gains into offshore bank accounts.

Yes I hate Britain and England, a proud history of righteousness whilst we raped and pillaged the planet simply due to a freak of weather conditions, geography, natural resources, ingenuity and slave labour we were able to develop a naval force beyond compare several hundred years ago. We were then able to use highly tooled weapons to subjugate the natives of other lands. A history that doesn't make me proud nor do I feel the benefits of today, unlike a small number of inter-related families and businesses.

We've had one proud hour when we were eventually forced to stand up to Hitler after years of concessions had proven to fail to contain his expansionist plans. We then were part of a combined effort where our assess were handed to us until El-Alamein and eventually were part of a second front that played a small part in the Russians crushing what remained of the German Eastern front.

Since then we've seen neo-liberal governments and corporations rape and pillage us as hard fought rights and natural decency have been trampled all over in the chase for the mighty off shore tax haven Dollar. Our troops used only to protect the state's financial interests. The institutions that defined this nation have been proven time and time again to be corrupt, venal and morally bankrupt hideholes for all manner of thieves, psychopaths and perverts, The Bank of England, The Church (Catholic & of England, The Courts, The Police, The Army, The BBC, The Civil Service, BP, The Government and the Football Association to name a few.

We are left with Britain today, an empty husk of a concept bereft of meaning or worth. Used by the far right and ill-informed to define what was once great, to hark back to, reminiscing about an age that never existed as the world changes around them as it always has done. A Britain that is now all about putting profit before people, the now before tomorrow and me before you.

^That.

I hate Wycombe Wanderers because a bloke I used to know supported them. He had a row with his girlfriend and abandoned her in London (and threatened to beat the :censored: out of her). I put her up for the night. He then tells my girlfriend that I tried to shag his girlfriend. Actually turned up at my flat! (Leeslover came round to provide the muscle, which shows just how dire the straits were.)

That 5-2 a few weeks later was sweet as.

^That.

I hate Wycombe Wanderers because a bloke I used to know supported them. He had a row with his girlfriend and abandoned her in London (and threatened to beat the :censored: out of her). I put her up for the night. He then tells my girlfriend that I tried to shag his girlfriend. Actually turned up at my flat! (Leeslover came round to provide the muscle, which shows just how dire the straits were.)

That 5-2 a few weeks later was sweet as.

But did you try to shag her...?

Somebody needs to reign back on their Guardian subscription....

Nice one brother! Bastard capitalist system. And as for royalty...the City of London....Eton, Harrow and Oxbridge.....Britian, a great nation if you're priviliged enough to afford it.....whooooooooo! Stuff 'em all.

I'm done with this now, it's run it's course. My final point is regarding that video. The inane, misspelt banner Celtic's version of the Athleticos held up you'll notice is only a photo. In the video boos can be clearly heard ringing out around the ground the moment it's unveiled. As a footnote to that on the night of the game that banner was unveiled poppies were on sale in the club shop. In the first actual video I reckon that's tops 20 people. In an otherwise silent stadium 20 voices carry like :censored:. In the second video, are any of those booing or singing over the age of 18? And, again are more than 20 involved?

So to conclude, Celtic in any one game can count on having around 20 adolescent bell ends. Not too shabby for a club their size. I'm sure we could more than match that. I also counted a lot more than 20 when Rangers fans rioted in Manchester where people were actually getting hurt. I can't seem to see anyone on the floor getting kicked almost to death in the video you've posted.

Anyway, cheerio, I'm bored now.

Woof.

Wow you did find an excuse amazing

Regardless of your views on Great Britain.. Those heroes laid there lives down so we can live ours.. That for me deserves respect and when you see wankers like that lot doing what there doing it boils my blood

That's it I've said my bit now

God bless those brave men and women who have put and still are putting there lives at risk to protect us

Regardless of your views on Great Britain.. Those heroes laid there lives down so we can live ours.. That for me deserves respect and when you see wankers like that lot doing what there doing it boils my blood

God bless those brave men and women who have put and still are putting there lives at risk to protect us

Guest Scratch2000uk

Britain has made mistakes along with countless other countries, Some say we are still making them, I wouldn't dismiss the notion, I don't hate Britain though, for all the bad we have done we have done some good things. I do detest royalty, the elite and the far right/left equally, and the BBC. I don't hate any football team, or their fans though.

I guess, that i accept that there will always be a few knobs at most matches.Just ignore the :censored:.

Edited by Scratch2000uk

I thought you'd had enough, no?

Excellent and well structured post and probably the main reason why I live in Australia. It is almost Churchillesque in its brilliance.

However, sadly, I do not believe that Britain and England have exclusivity on righteous pomp or historical entitlements. Australia has no history to speak of, yet for all its 'multicultural harmony', it still cannot deliver as it is one of the most racist and bigoted countries on the planet. Similarly, the U.S seem hell bent on playing catch up by cramming thousands of years of global acrimonious history into 238 of their own.

Unfortunately, until the World's leaders finally come to the conclusion as one that governance is not based on their own fragile egos, pride and arrogance, the likes of the Imperial Holy Roman Army, or the British Empire or Manchester Citeh or whatever the latest embodiment of evil is called, will always be there, spoiling it for everyone else.

Having said that, I hate celery

Which heroes? The ones who were conned into a family dispute in 1914-18? Or the ones who fought to enshrine our freedoms in 39-45. One of those freedoms is the freedom to express yourself, no matter how abhorrent others find it - or as Evelyn Beatrice Hall said "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".

As for the other heroes laying down their lives so we can live ours I'm struggling. British deaths in Korea were due to the satellite war between the US & USSR - an economic war arguing about one corrupt ideology over the other. Kosovo and the other Balkan conflicts, maybe, there were humanitarian grounds and madmen on both sides bent on killing anything in their way. Falklands, economic again, no one should lose their life over the £. And the less said about Afghanistan & Iraq the better. Which leads me to the ones who lost their lives in Ireland, again, for what? Economics again ultimately. Latterly religion which is even less of a reason to shed blood than economics.

I go to our local war memorial each year on 11/11 but have no need to wrap myself in a flag or get wound up by muppets trying to provoke a reaction over conflicts that most can't even remember how or why they started or which side they are even on.