No I wasn't but I know several who were. That is true what you say about YouTube but please think about it; if hundreds of Celtic fans started mass chanting about Lee Rigby at a game do you not think at least one person would get their phone out and film it? Do you not think that every Celtic hating Union Jack waver would love that footage and make it viral to prove what heartless, treacherous bastards the Celtic fans are? The videos don't exist, everything you've believed about what happened that day is a lie. I know that's going to be hard to take. I'm sorry.

Woof.

It's pointless continuing this debate as we both clearly feel like we are both right.. There's no grey area here to be found

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm judging Rangers on what I saw with my own eyes. They were despicable and by defending them you put yourself in the same envelope. If fans of any other club, or any other sport for that matter, had behaved like that I would say the same. You however have a very green tinge on your bigot glasses.

Bigot?? Grow up just because I'm not towing the Celtic love in party line doesn't make me a bigot

Bigot?? Grow up just because I'm not towing the Celtic love in party line doesn't make me a bigot

May I ask what line are you pushing with the assumption that support for Palestine is wrong? You sort of slipped that one in there as if it was a given. I can respect that people can have different views on the conflict but your use suggests a certain attitude.

PS, I hate Kings Lynn for their fans deviating slightly to get in mine and Mr Tulsehill's way after the game, costing us 5 seconds. Nasty :censored: them

Who are you to question my identity? Your just an admin on this board not the police and I do hope that that wasn't you suggesting that associate with Britain First or the EDL

What's your bug bear with me? Because my views on Celtic and there supporters don't match your own or because you think I support Rangers?

Nope, I've said I'm wrong, must be somebody else - and that's that.

I mentioned parody accounts to accentuate the stupidity of some of the alternatives I could associate with if I wasn't left-wing, something that you chose to deride me with, I'd like to add. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you don't associate yourself with those mindless :censored:bangers - muslamic rayguns indeed. Gawd bless 'em,

So I just got here from three days ago and I'm wondering why Blackburn haven't been mentioned given the infamous song.

As for the now apparent topic at hand, I can't stand Celtic or Rangers, does that make me an atheist?

I'm out on the basis that this is derailing a reasonable thread. I'll add Rangers on my way out of the door

Nope, I've said I'm wrong, must be somebody else - and that's that.

I mentioned parody accounts to accentuate the stupidity of some of the alternatives I could associate with if I wasn't left-wing, something that you chose to deride me with, I'd like to add. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you don't associate yourself with those mindless :censored:bangers - muslamic rayguns indeed. Gawd bless 'em,

I didn't bring the left wing up you did

And I said i wouldn't surprise me if you kept that company not that you was left wing

Edited by OAFCM35

May I ask what line are you pushing with the assumption that support for Palestine is wrong? You sort of slipped that one in there as if it was a given. I can respect that people can have different views on the conflict but your use suggests a certain attitude.

PS, I hate Kings Lynn for their fans deviating slightly to get in mine and Mr Tulsehill's way after the game, costing us 5 seconds. Nasty :censored: them

There's no line no agenda, just think that a few people need to take off there green tinted glasses

I wasn't suggesting that supporting palestine is wrong and I'm not going to get into my feelings on it but What I was getting at this that some Celtic fans adopt agendas and causes willy nilly but underneath those banners are still the same Anti Britain and Pro IRA scumbags

I hate Rangers and Celtic with equal contempt

If people want to know why, read this thread as a perfect example. I didn't mention them earlier as I presumed this was about clubs we could play.

Edited by pukka

Who just hates Celtic and who hates them back?

I hate them back.

Pretending its a minority who sing these songs, fly these banners and generally hate us is just weasel words.

And I couldn't give a flying :censored: about Rangers or any other Scottish team

Edited by HarryBosch

Who just hates Celtic and who hates them back?

I hate them back.

Pretending its a minority who sing these songs, fly these banners and generally hate us is just weasel words.

And I couldn't give a flying :censored: about Rangers or any other Scottish team

I just can't figure out why having been going up for Celtic games (both home and away) for the past 5 years I never hear these songs people are so appalled by. For sure there's a few old Irish rebel songs that get thrown out (and even that is getting rarer and rarer) but FFS read up on Celtic's history. Founded by an Irish monk, in the Irish East End of Glasgow as a means of providing food, money and entertainment for the Irish immigrants that lived there. Holy :censored:! They sing about Ireland! Traitors!

Woof.

I just can't figure out why having been going up for Celtic games (both home and away) for the past 5 years I never hear these songs people are so appalled by. For sure there's a few old Irish rebel songs that get thrown out (and even that is getting rarer and rarer) but FFS read up on Celtic's history. Founded by an Irish monk, in the Irish East End of Glasgow as a means of providing food, money and entertainment for the Irish immigrants that lived there. Holy :censored:! They sing about Ireland! Traitors!

Woof.

its not the signing about ireland thats my issue its :censored: like this

there's three accounts of celtic fans disgracing themselves and there club all rolled in to one vile video

please don't tell me you've got an excuse for this an all?

I don't think I hate any clubs anymore, just not worth the effort. I've a strong dislike for United & City but got a few good mates/family that support them so want them to do well for their sakes. I really dislike MK Dons for introducing franchising into British Football. Liverpool get on my tits as do Leeds and Newcastle.

English football. Livingston did that before them.

http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2009/07/01/the-sands-of-time-doomsday-for-the-original-franchise-fc/

:censored:ing hell, I turned the sound up so far on that video so much that when the ref blew his whistle the subwoofer shook me brew.

It isn't clever singing over a minutes reflection on remembrance Sunday. I've a feeling that this will become a youtube sectarian arms race if I don't draw a line under this now, I can find 10 videos of Rangers fans singing why they'd like to kill Catholics - not Celtic fans - Catholics, I've even heard Oldham 'fans' sing these - it's nonsense perpetuated by morons.

Anyway, I think we can agree on the following points at least:

Sectarianism is appalling.

We need to strive for true equality in football, without any discrimination.

Because of my involvement in certain footballing circles and the 'company I keep' I've been following and a team called United Glasgow, you can read about them here, if you've got the time - I'd really like you to do so - let me know what you think:

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/unitedglasgowfc

I apologise, it was clearly very immature of me to use a complicated word like bigot without explaining its meaning. To put it simply for you, a bigot strongly and unfairly dislikes someone, ring a bell? I expressed my dislike of the Rangers fans disgracing themselves in Manchester, see the difference?

I hope that wasn't too patronising (patronising means talking down to someone).

So what if someone hates Britain? So what if someone finds the modern cult of remembrance a bit icky? Recently, it's as if people are obliged to disengage their brains when anyone says "armed forces" or "our country" and so on.

On that note I'm leaving this thread alone..

Words actually fail me

What an ignorant ungrateful tosser you are

Britain is a country - a political organisation. Gays and Pakistanis are people. Different thing altogether.

As for my ingratitude...it's not the worst country and it isn't the best. It's got form for human rights abuses and war crimes. It treats the poor like :censored:. It's still hugely class based. On the plus side, people starve only rarely and there's enough water.

As for the armed forces...I'm generally supportive, but it's not unconditional. That's my position in peacetime and war time, whereas it's well known fact that most people go overboard with affection during war time and then overboard with opprobrium at all other times.

its not the signing about ireland thats my issue its :censored: like this

there's three accounts of celtic fans disgracing themselves and there club all rolled in to one vile video

please don't tell me you've got an excuse for this an all?

I'm done with this now, it's run it's course. My final point is regarding that video. The inane, misspelt banner Celtic's version of the Athleticos held up you'll notice is only a photo. In the video boos can be clearly heard ringing out around the ground the moment it's unveiled. As a footnote to that on the night of the game that banner was unveiled poppies were on sale in the club shop. In the first actual video I reckon that's tops 20 people. In an otherwise silent stadium 20 voices carry like :censored:. In the second video, are any of those booing or singing over the age of 18? And, again are more than 20 involved?

So to conclude, Celtic in any one game can count on having around 20 adolescent bell ends. Not too shabby for a club their size. I'm sure we could more than match that. I also counted a lot more than 20 when Rangers fans rioted in Manchester where people were actually getting hurt. I can't seem to see anyone on the floor getting kicked almost to death in the video you've posted.

Anyway, cheerio, I'm bored now.

Woof.

So I just got here from three days ago and I'm wondering why Blackburn haven't been mentioned given the infamous song.

As for the now apparent topic at hand, I can't stand Celtic or Rangers, does that make me an atheist?

I mentioned them. I bloody did

Don't understand how English football fans somehow get into heated Celtic/Rangers arguments. Let's leave them both up there stewing in their own sectarian juices. My own opinion is that pound for pound Rangers fans far outdo (& I speak as someone who is all for the Union and the flag and all that) Celtic on pure obnoxiousness but there's no doubting the latter have their own share of eejits.

Let's all just agree that Manchester City are the embodiment of evil on Earth and leave it at that