• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A thread called "Who do you hate" turning into a thread filled with hate speech and haters. I didn't this this one coming, like.

For the record, Rangers AND Celtic can :censored: right off. Tons of lovely fans on both sides and a healthy sideline of barmpots on both sides of the fence too. Dump the barmpots on one of the Outer Hebrides islands and let them fight it out themselves, Battle Royale style. Then drown the survivor.

I still have unhealthy vitriol bubbling away for Kevin Blackwell after his Luton Town team kicked, barged and stramashed their way to an ugly draw here once. Horrible bloke, him.

For hating "Britain"? A totally made up, inconsequential nothing concept. Just because you are born at the geographical coordinates you were then you should "sport are troopz"! Be God fearing, enjoy vicars bicycling to evensong, cricket on the village green, warm beer, morris dancing, giving that Johnny foreigner a good thrashing with a good dose of daring do and a tally ho whilst you're on your way. Doffing your cap or tugging your forelock at your betters, the inbred European royals who lord it over us whilst keeping us in servitude and exporting their ill-gotten gains into offshore bank accounts.

Yes I hate Britain and England, a proud history of righteousness whilst we raped and pillaged the planet simply due to a freak of weather conditions, geography, natural resources, ingenuity and slave labour we were able to develop a naval force beyond compare several hundred years ago. We were then able to use highly tooled weapons to subjugate the natives of other lands. A history that doesn't make me proud nor do I feel the benefits of today, unlike a small number of inter-related families and businesses.

We've had one proud hour when we were eventually forced to stand up to Hitler after years of concessions had proven to fail to contain his expansionist plans. We then were part of a combined effort where our assess were handed to us until El-Alamein and eventually were part of a second front that played a small part in the Russians crushing what remained of the German Eastern front.

Since then we've seen neo-liberal governments and corporations rape and pillage us as hard fought rights and natural decency have been trampled all over in the chase for the mighty off shore tax haven Dollar. Our troops used only to protect the state's financial interests. The institutions that defined this nation have been proven time and time again to be corrupt, venal and morally bankrupt hideholes for all manner of thieves, psychopaths and perverts, The Bank of England, The Church (Catholic & of England, The Courts, The Police, The Army, The BBC, The Civil Service, BP, The Government and the Football Association to name a few.

We are left with Britain today, an empty husk of a concept bereft of meaning or worth. Used by the far right and ill-informed to define what was once great, to hark back to, reminiscing about an age that never existed as the world changes around them as it always has done. A Britain that is now all about putting profit before people, the now before tomorrow and me before you.

So :censored: you Britain and all that you stand for.

So what's stopping you taking yourself & your 6th Form politics somewhere "better"?

A thread called "Who do you hate" turning into a thread filled with hate speech and haters. I didn't this this one coming, like.

For the record, Rangers AND Celtic can :censored: right off. Tons of lovely fans on both sides and a healthy sideline of barmpots on both sides of the fence too. Dump the barmpots on one of the Outer Hebrides islands and let them fight it out themselves, Battle Royale style. Then drown the survivor.

I still have unhealthy vitriol bubbling away for Kevin Blackwell after his Luton Town team kicked, barged and stramashed their way to an ugly draw here once. Horrible bloke, him.

I hate the term "haters" :grin: Edited by HarryBosch

I still have unhealthy vitriol bubbling away for Kevin Blackwell after his Luton Town team kicked, barged and smashed their way to an ugly draw here once. Horrible bloke, him.

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember Blackwell as the Scarborough keeper in this game..

Edited by BP1960

So what's stopping you taking yourself & your 6th Form politics somewhere "better"?

Quite. I'd like to know where is "better"? How many countries in the world don't have some kind of deep rooted racism/sexism/capitalism/elitism/poverty gaps or similar horrible traits?

Don't necessarily disagree with a lot of what beag_teeets has said, just don't see how Britain is any more or less fooked up than most other countries in the world.

Language skills mostly and the wife's family, she likes being close to them.

I'd love to live in France, Holland or Germany but despite an E in GCSE German I would struggle to get work that pays near enough. Canada has been a possibility since my 20s but that's too far away from my wife's family, she won't move that far away.

& Less of the 6th form, I didn't spend 3 years doing a dual major History and Politics degree for nowt.

Plus, I'd miss Latics.

Wasn't Ian Ironside (who later played for us in the 5-0 debacle at Grimsby) the keeper for Scarborough then...

Correct it was, perhaps there's another game we put a few past Blackwell ?.

Nice to see good free flowing football again though.

Edited by BP1960

Yeah but they're all really decent reasons to hate your country.

Supposing this is the best country on earth to live. Why does that make it perfect? What if all countries - even the good ones - are fundamentally :censored:?

Yeah but they're all really decent reasons to hate your country.

Supposing this is the best country on earth to live. Why does that make it perfect? What if all countries - even the good ones - are fundamentally :censored:?

Then you become a libertarian anarchist. Obviously.

For hating "Britain"? A totally made up, inconsequential nothing concept. Just because you are born at the geographical coordinates you were then you should "sport are troopz"! Be God fearing, enjoy vicars bicycling to evensong, cricket on the village green, warm beer, morris dancing, giving that Johnny foreigner a good thrashing with a good dose of daring do and a tally ho whilst you're on your way. Doffing your cap or tugging your forelock at your betters, the inbred European royals who lord it over us whilst keeping us in servitude and exporting their ill-gotten gains into offshore bank accounts.

Yes I hate Britain and England, a proud history of righteousness whilst we raped and pillaged the planet simply due to a freak of weather conditions, geography, natural resources, ingenuity and slave labour we were able to develop a naval force beyond compare several hundred years ago. We were then able to use highly tooled weapons to subjugate the natives of other lands. A history that doesn't make me proud nor do I feel the benefits of today, unlike a small number of inter-related families and businesses.

We've had one proud hour when we were eventually forced to stand up to Hitler after years of concessions had proven to fail to contain his expansionist plans. We then were part of a combined effort where our assess were handed to us until El-Alamein and eventually were part of a second front that played a small part in the Russians crushing what remained of the German Eastern front.

Since then we've seen neo-liberal governments and corporations rape and pillage us as hard fought rights and natural decency have been trampled all over in the chase for the mighty off shore tax haven Dollar. Our troops used only to protect the state's financial interests. The institutions that defined this nation have been proven time and time again to be corrupt, venal and morally bankrupt hideholes for all manner of thieves, psychopaths and perverts, The Bank of England, The Church (Catholic & of England, The Courts, The Police, The Army, The BBC, The Civil Service, BP, The Government and the Football Association to name a few.

We are left with Britain today, an empty husk of a concept bereft of meaning or worth. Used by the far right and ill-informed to define what was once great, to hark back to, reminiscing about an age that never existed as the world changes around them as it always has done. A Britain that is now all about putting profit before people, the now before tomorrow and me before you.

So :censored: you Britain and all that you stand for.

But Alton Towers is here

Guest Scratch2000uk

Language skills mostly and the wife's family, she likes being close to them.

I'd love to live in France, Holland or Germany but despite an E in GCSE German I would struggle to get work that pays near enough. Canada has been a possibility since my 20s but that's too far away from my wife's family, she won't move that far away.

& Less of the 6th form, I didn't spend 3 years doing a dual major History and Politics degree for nowt.

Plus, I'd miss Latics.

Aye, Barring Canada those countries histories are far superior to our own.

Sod their histories, have you been? I would move to pretty much any European country tomorrow if the aforementioned barriers weren't in place. I really have no idea what the anti-European's issues are the quality, pace and standard of living are far superior to this miserable rock.

Guest Scratch2000uk

Just done a fortnight in Cuba,Get yourself there pal. No need for high wages and no :censored: tryiing to rip you off, no royalty, and you'll love the living conditions. :clint:

British is grate. It has Stoanhendge, Paddington Bare and regliar bin collections and that and It's so good Romans and Burglarians sorry Bulgarians are flocking in there billions to live hear. on benefits

Oh, I'm throwing in AFC Fylde. :censored:.

British is grate. It has Stoanhendge, Paddington Bare and regliar bin collections and that and It's so good Romans and Burglarians sorry Bulgarians are flocking in there billions to live hear. on benefits

Oh, I'm throwing in AFC Fylde. :censored:.

Just too many spelling and grammatical mistakes in this post for me - you wouldn't get that on Eintracht Frankfurt's message board.