Bristol city away

We always take a good following to Orient and it was last game of the season

We don't. I remember a sub 200 one year.

If it'd have been pay-on- the-day Saturday, we'd have been looking at 800. I was out, then I was in and now I'm definitely out. On the plus point, saves me spending money I can't afford to spend but it could've been dealt with better. We took over 800 to Stevenage last year and about the same to Exeter the year before. Given the roll we're on, I'm surprised we thought 500 would be enough! Gutted for those who've missed out

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading a conversation between three or four Bristol City supporters. They were talking about the segregation between home and away supporters at Ashton Gate. Apparently it is a few hundred seats worth - probably the usual over-exaggerated gap left between two clubs who have 200 mile of land between them and no historical rivalry. They're were wondering if it would be reduced and a few extra tickets sent up to Oldham.

I won't hold my breath like. In fact, I wouldn't even have a quid on it happening...

I was reading a conversation between three or four Bristol City supporters. They were talking about the segregation between home and away supporters at Ashton Gate. Apparently it is a few hundred seats worth - probably the usual over-exaggerated gap left between two clubs who have 200 mile of land between them and no historical rivalry. They're were wondering if it would be reduced and a few extra tickets sent up to Oldham.

I won't hold my breath like. In fact, I wouldn't even have a quid on it happening...

Bit too much common sense needed for that to happen. Must be scope for another 50/100 to be freed up ?

Bristol City have said that they make it clear to all away clubs that they need the correct estimation, but if away tickets are hugely popular, they will allocate more, a week before the game at the latest.

Your club obviously gave the figure of 500, so City started selling seats in the block that would've been used for away fans, had there been a larger following.

It's the same for every other club that visits.

I would have thought that they would have sold that said block LAST, just in case like. As said previously, given the position we were already in....unbeaten run....link to our manager/players. As also stated, we are also at reduced capacity. Then again its also known that we are more freindly up north. I would like to think that you may have handed our club the momentum to win the game.we may only have 500 supporters there, but be assured, they will be very loud.

I would have thought that they would have sold that said block LAST, just in case like. As said previously, given the position we were already in....unbeaten run....link to our manager/players. As also stated, we are also at reduced capacity. Then again its also known that we are more freindly up north. I would like to think that you may have handed our club the momentum to win the game.we may only have 500 supporters there, but be assured, they will be very loud.

Is Lee Johnsons links to Bristol City really the reason behind some travelling? Really? Strange.

We are at reduced capacity. But remind us all of our average home attendance?

Friendly? I couldn't give a :censored: about who I sold my car too as long as they pay for it. If it was a member of my family though even better. Why should city turn away there own fans just to be "friendly" to a club they have no association with?

Some of these posts are :censored:ing embarrassing. The club has warned everyone for 3 weeks its all ticket and a limited number

And sorry but the waiting for payday excuse is crap. If you don't have 20 quid disposable to part with at the end of the month you probably have more important things to spend your money at

And sorry but the waiting for payday excuse is crap. If you don't have 20 quid disposable to part with at the end of the month you probably have more important things to spend your money at

Not that I need to justify myself to you, but I've already been to Peterborough and Chesterfield since last pay day. Tickets to the football for me, wife and two kids isn't cheap pal.

Is Lee Johnsons links to Bristol City really the reason behind some travelling? Really? Strange.

Friendly? I couldn't give a :censored: about who I sold my car too as long as they pay for it. If it was a member of my family though even better. Why should city turn away there own fans just to be "friendly" to a club they have no association with?

Some of these posts are :censored:ing embarrassing. The club has warned everyone for 3 weeks its all ticket and a limited number

I take it you've got your ticket then.....

What a very short sighted post. There are hundreds of potential reasons why people would have had to purchase theirs later this week.

The fact is there are hundreds of fans unable to go now because we weren't given enough tickets. It has already been stated that the maximum we could have had was 1,100. That means everyone could have been catered for if handled correctly. It wasn't. Fans miss out.

My guess is OAFC didn't ask for enough but BCFC are not blameless.

I am glad I am not a member of your family. There is no need for a post like that

What a disgraceful comment. How dare you try to dictate other people's conditions. What an ironic username, too.

Imagine the following:

You're on minimum wage and on a zero-hour contract (our wonderful, glorious sponsors dish these out like they're going out of fashion) and you pay all of your bills and your only source of enjoyment is to take in a football match, yet you're budgeting to tightly you work out you need payday to arrive to fund a well-deserved trip to Bristol.

Imagine that. Because that is real for not just hundreds of Oldham Athletic supporters, but for hundreds of thousands of people across the UK. In fact, millions of people across the UK.

Don't compare your situation to others living in a depressed town like Oldham and dozens besides, you short-sighted, narrow-minded moron.