Bristol city away

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing is if the club did ask for extra tickets and didnt sell them all we still have to foot bill. So they proberly didnt wanna take the gamble.

I hadn't read the earlier posts before I said about asking for extra tickets.

Why is it shocking?

When have we ever done that? We have enough for the demand, there's still 3 more days people can get tickets, and it's payday for most towards the back end of this week. Guarantee we could shift another 250 or so if the initial 500 are gone by close of play today which they probably will be.

I think that there is nothing wrong with a team doing well wanting to maximise the amount of home support inside a stadium.

You can imagine the disussions on here if Latics fans couldn't get tickets and yet we'd given the away side a bigger allocation than they originally asked for.

You look after your own.

If Bristol don't take up some of the section that would have been given to us a larger allocation THEN it is out of order, but otherwise seems fair. Normally 450 for us in Bristol would be enough.

Anyway. 11,000, 12,000, 13,000 of them. I am sure that if we win it'll be the 450 you can hear on Latics Player if you don't get a ticket.

I've got my ticket which is fine but still there may be people who miss out as I imagine the remainder will be gone by the end of today. Surely Bristol can see we took 400 last year when doing :censored:e, see we're 13 unbeaten away at top of the league and may think more than 500 would want a ticket? Especially when Chesterfield took 600 and we tend to travel slightly better than them.

I understand your argument about the home fans, and we will see if it is indeed a sell out which judging by the amount we have been given It should be otherwise there's no excuse.

Apparently Bristol have sold the seats on the other side of the netting that segregates us which makes it difficult to send us more tickets.

So that's it then. But to simply set aside 500 and start selling the rest is a bit crap, we always provide atleast 1600 and even if there were 10k home fans wanting to get into BP we would not split the away end and give the away team less. I thought there was "laws" they had to follow in giving away teams a certain number similar to the FA Cup having to provide atleast 15%.

Guessing it will be reserved seating then, atleast we'll all be packed together + the atmosphere should be good. Wonder if everyone will stand?

I hadn't read the earlier posts before I said about asking for extra tickets.

When have we ever done that? We have enough for the demand, there's still 3 more days people can get tickets, and it's payday for most towards the back end of this week. Guarantee we could shift another 250 or so if the initial 500 are gone by close of play today which they probably will be.

I've got my ticket which is fine but still there may be people who miss out as I imagine the remainder will be gone by the end of today. Surely Bristol can see we took 400 last year when doing :censored:e, see we're 13 unbeaten away at top of the league and may think more than 500 would want a ticket? Especially when Chesterfield took 600 and we tend to travel slightly better than them.

I understand your argument about the home fans, and we will see if it is indeed a sell out which judging by the amount we have been given It should be otherwise there's no excuse.

I agree, if it would have been possible for more Latics fans to have been accomodated without restricting home attendance and complying with segregation then it is a poor decision. We shall see on Saturday.

The minumim % of a ground to be made available to away fans only applies to FA Cup matches if I recall. I remember playing Manchester United in the PL when they were redeveloping their ground and beng given about 1200 tickets - a miniscule percentage of the stadium but they knew they could fill the ground with their own fans. We ended up having a lottery for ST holders to see who got the tickets - I missed out, but thankfully my Dad knows a family member of Wilf McGuiness and we got tickets to the directors enclosure (sadly we were done 3-0).

I think its more to do with segregation, if they give us another block its another 500 if we only sold 50 Bristol would lose potential revenue on the 450 empty seats, anyone who wants to go has had ample time to purchase tickets.

What are you on about? If there's 600 that want to go it's irrelevant how late or early they buy their tickets, 150 will always miss out. Also, who cares about the revenue they will make? If they're entitled to give us a proportion of seats and they haven't then I couldn't give a toss how much they are losing if we don't fill it. They have a multi-billionaire owner anyway.

Sounds like they've shafted us to me.

Are some of the people moaning about Bristol City not accommodating away fans the same people who regularly moan about Latics accommodating away fans?

Probably, I'm one. But The argument of them only providing us with 490 tickets is totally different to the usual Chaddy/RRE discussion.

Just had a right kerfuffle with Bristol City about tickets. Went into Ashton Gate yesterday and bought my away tickets and turns out they where for the home section of the away stand. Just rang Oldham to buy the actual away tickets and they now only have 6 tickets left!!