Bristol city away

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We took 345 to Bristol City last season, when we were in 17th place before the start of the game.

How the :censored: did our club and I'm pointing the finger at Senior People at the club here not think that we'd take more than 500 when we are in 6th place, unbeaten in 12 games and playing the top of the league.

Quite frankly, someone from the club needs to explain this, and we should give them not 500 seats, but 350 seats for the return fixture as like them we have a reduced capacity and it's roughly the % of the capacity as they have given us.

Make it a local offer akin to what Leicester did to us a few years back when we were on Sky and :censored: them.

We took 345 to Bristol City last season, when we were in 17th place before the start of the game.

How the :censored: did our club and I'm pointing the finger at Senior People at the club here not think that we'd take more than 500 when we are in 6th place, unbeaten in 12 games and playing the top of the league.

Quite frankly, someone from the club needs to explain this, and we should give them not 500 seats, but 350 seats for the return fixture as like them we have a reduced capacity and it's roughly the % of the capacity as they have given us.

Make it a local offer akin to what Leicester did to us a few years back when we were on Sky and :censored: them.

Nicely summed up the way i feel. We should at least have been given 750 which the top bit holds which someone pointed out on here

It's frustrating. We got ours earlier today but I feel for those who have missed out. A good number will have been waiting for payday. If we'd been allowed and accommodated for, I think we would have had 800 there on Saturday. Real shame for those who have missed out. I don't blame supporters for not rushing to Boundary Park.

I'd like to criticise Bristol City planning here but they're looking after their own supporters. We'd do the same. They have three times our regular attendances which is why we give so many tickets to the away sides. Those looking for revenge would be cutting of their noses to spite their faces.

Sales up until this week have been fair slow. I'd like to think City management would have allocated more if more Oldham Athletic supporters had showed an interest - there again it's Bristol City away. I haven't even bought a Rochdale ticket so why anyone would purchase a ticket so far in advance for an away fixture in the South West is beyond me.

A genuine pity but we'll be all bunched together. It should make for an electric atmosphere.

Edited by UpTheLatics

Bristol City have said that they make it clear to all away clubs that they need the correct estimation, but if away tickets are hugely popular, they will allocate more, a week before the game at the latest.

Your club obviously gave the figure of 500, so City started selling seats in the block that would've been used for away fans, had there been a larger following.

It's the same for every other club that visits.

Edited by Bristol city

When do you suppose we made the allocation request? Monday?!

Bristol City have said that they make it clear to all away clubs that they need the correct estimation, but if away tickets are hugely popular, they will allocate more, a week before the game at the latest.

Your club obviously gave the figure of 500, so City started selling seats in the block that would've been used for away fans, had there been a larger following.

It's the same for every other club that visits.

Dont spoil our moaning Bristol! It is what we are good at.

Not sure why people are complaining to be honest, ive had my ticket for 3 weeks, the club have said numerous times it was ticket only, maybe people should be more organised!

Latics taking 500 on a three and a half hour drive?

Our away following is good, but it's not normally that good.

Funnily enough, we played them away on the same weekend last year, does anyone know our attendance?

Funnily enough, we played them away on the same weekend last year, does anyone know our attendance?

Could be wrong but I'm sure i read it was around the 350 mark last year.

345 after about 6 away defeats in a row and a point or two out of the relegation places it was a six pointer at the wrong end of the table, this is a sixpointer at the other end so its hard to see how 490 was deemed sufficient we have took more than that to all but one of our Saturday away fixtures this season.

So not far off a 50% increase in attendance from us with at least another 30ish publically asking for tickets.

I've had the decision taken out of my hands now but was going to get the tickets tomorrow as it was pay day today. Never crossed my mind we would sell that many out and even if it had, I couldn't have afforded them till pay day!

Does anyone read my posts? I didn't pick a random number out of the air.

Tickets in the section next to ours are available online and on the phone for collection on the day. Just keep your mouth shut if you want to see the game.

Wouldn't suggest it, the club now strictly stick to selling home tickets to people in Bristol and surrounding areas, or people who are already on the database. Ticket sales will be checked, and sales will be reimbursed if they are deemed to be suspicious.

If I invented a time machine one of the first things I'd do would be to go back a couple of weeks and put a poll up on here asking for latics attendance predictions for Bristol City away.

Then I'd buy an almanac etc.