Come and back the lads - Chron

I'm not sure what would be more depressing - the inevitably low crowd against Crawley at normal prices or a marginally bigger one at reduced prices.

Corney seemed pretty "meh" about the attendancies in his interview last week and generally seemed very positive about the direction the club's moving. I wonder how pleased he is with Barry for contradicting that message??

Barry took a request to the board meeting last week to look at the pricing for the crawley game. That is firmly in the club's court now.

After a decade Corney has learned to bite his tongue. Sometimes.

I'd suggest Barry has repeated what's been said privately by Corney.

The impression I got from the Corney interview last week is that he's come to realise there's little point worrying too much about something he can't control. I doubt a weeks gone by in his ten years that he hasn't had a grumble about the crowds, privately.

Regardless of the tone of the Barry article, the timing is just bizarre - so he's created an unnecessary :censored:-storm, while the team are playing well, the week after the Chairman plays down the issue of crowds for the first time I can remember.

Great job.

To be fair, we have done the discounts thing.

It has never been more than a temporary thing.

Even if we discounted season tickets, then once the prices went back up they would drop like a stone .

SO I agree, no sense in worrying.

We all know it is going to get s sustained run to get the crowds up. even then it will opnly be modest gate. they are not going to doubl;e

EVen if by some miracle we are i th eChampionship, they are not going to leap every week if we struggle thy will drop.

Just budget accordingly, invest where we can.

Like Corney said in his interview. We have a hardcore group of fans who turn up week in week out. We shouldn't worry about the lack of additional fans coming. We're playing well, at the moment. If people come back, great. However, if we continue to have 3,300-4,300 a week then that's fine also.

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

I remember the last time an effective reduced game was I think Carlisle on a Tuesday night match a few seasons ago.

There were ques to get in and I had to shift some people out of our season ticket seats for me and he young uns.

I was flabbergasted.....queuing before a game? Not able to get our entire row of seats with empties either side and on a Tuesday night too.

It was unacceptable....heheh

But can't remember if it was bring a friend for free or bring a friend for a fiver.

Can anyone confirm?

Problem is the timing of these offers do it while we are flying what harm would it be to have a similar offer for the crawley game a fiver if bought in advance a tenner on the day ? would at least give the club an idea of the crowd size, be a nice gesture for the Crawley fans as well who will be setting off at about 5am.