Exactly mob mentality in today's society will be major news, social media etc. with the majority condemning this outrage. You commit a crime you serve your time. Not sure where in the law it states that you must be punished for the rest of your life. Well done Corney and co, hope you are prepared to hold out against the outrage this will create.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is horrifying to see the Latics dominating the UK and world news in this way. What is happening? Our good name will be destroyed for ever. Corney is an even bigger fool than I thought. It will kill the club. We don't have the infrastructure to deal with the media storm about to begin. Corney represents gutter capitalism at its worst, and the reaction of sponsors, decent Latics fans and the crippling pressure the team will face both home and away, as well as the media, will doubtless outweigh any goals that Evans will score. After 62 years a fan, this is the end. Corney is doubtless flying back to New York as soon as the deal is announced. Shame.

1 in 3 goal ratio. Surely we can find someone with a similar record minus all the baggage?!

I can't understand why we would sign him

That's one of the real things I'm stuggling with: namely, why him?

He's not worth all the negativity surely?

Other 1 in 3 Strikers who haven't raped anybody are out on the market.

Sign one of them instead.

That's one of the real things I'm stuggling with: namely, why him?

He's not worth all the negativity surely?

Other 1 in 3 Strikers who haven't raped anybody are out on the market.

Sign one of them instead.

Totally, totally agree. Whatever the wider rights or wrongs of it all may or may not be , this point is exactly where I am.

How long are those who are boycotting talking about?

Until the player has left? Until the manager has left? Until those responsible for this shameful transfer have left? Or forever?

I can understand both perspectives of those attending and not attending. It will be difficult to see him in a Latics kit and even more difficult to cheer a goal of his like you usually would. Whilst it's totally irrelevant, I doubt he'll have an impact comparable to the negativity.

Until the player has left? Until the manager has left? Until those responsible for this shameful transfer have left? Or forever?

I can understand both perspectives of those attending and not attending. It will be difficult to see him in a Latics kit and even more difficult to cheer a goal of his like you usually would. Whilst it's totally irrelevant, I doubt he'll have an impact comparable to the negativity.

I'm out until he leaves. No LaticsPlayer. No Chron. No interest at all. I'll be a picture of stoicism. I'm also out of the trust and playershare, until he leaves. Even out of the prediction league.

I might also find out more about the trust to do whatever little I can to bring about a change of leadership, until the leader of the trust is someone else.

Said on the Owen thread, Corney has to come under the microscope for this.

No agree not always but when the media in all it formats give such huge coverage to an event that considering Ebola, Wars, Plane Crashes, Cancer, Economic issues and much more it creates a mob mentality that is out of proportion for an individual heinous crime committed and punishment served by one individual. I respect other views on this subject, I do however believe there is a lack of proportion especially if this was a plumber, builder etc rather than a lower league sportsmen.