• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If true....

I have two daughters. Youngest just starting to get to the age that was going to allow me to return. Simply can't / wont be doing if true. I couldn't stomach it. Gutted it looks like we have sunk this low.

If true... shame on all involved...

That's my opinion based on the timeline sand the events.

Graham Rix was done for underage sex, whilst not 'child molestation' he was able to work again in football and I don't recall this extent of faux-anger at that?

Graham Rix wasn't involved in my club neither are Abromovich or City's last few owners - all of whom I wouldn't give the time of day here if they ever showed interest

No there wasnt, another fact

I will give you that one! LOL

Wait, so he got a taste of McDonald's jizzum..... eugh.

No, but he did eat her out after McDonald had bare backed her. There was no physical evidence to show either of them had sex with her, only their statements acknowledging consensual sex.

What I don't get about the case is why Clayton McDonald was found not guilty, despite the fact they both nailed her. How is Clayton McDonald not a rapist but Ched Evans is?

Clayton spent time with the girl beforehand and it could have been reasonable for him to think that consent was given. Ched walked in and straightaway wanted sex. The prosecution did not make a case for either of them being an accessory to the other. It was a case of trying them both seperatley for rape. At the hearing as to whether Ched could appeal, the Judge felt the jury's decision was reasonable.

Clayton spent time with the girl beforehand and it could have been reasonable for him to think that consent was given. Ched walked in and straightaway wanted sex. The prosecution did not make a case for either of them being an accessory to the other. It was a case of trying them both seperatley for rape. At the hearing as to whether Ched could appeal, the Judge felt the jury's decision was reasonable.

I've read most of the Ched Evans website today; just to see what is being said on there.

I read whilst on the loo having a :censored:.

Quite apt after reading it i'd say...

I've read most of the Ched Evans website today; just to see what is being said on there.

I read whilst on the loo having a :censored:.

Quite apt after reading it i'd say...

It was really lax of his legal team not to just tell the court all the things on his page, because if they'd done that he'd have been released straight away and given a lift home for his trouble

Blimey, there has been quite a change on the poll on the matter but saying that I voted no on it originally whereas now I think he should be signed.

Which is what the club are hoping for.... Football fans have a reputation for being lacking in morals, fickle bunch, I am sure we won't do anything to hurt that view point.

Edited by oafc0000

I'm out except for 1 game, I've paid for my season ticket surely this gives me the right to go to BP and totally give the guy the works, ok I will get ejected but I will have got my point over. I'm out of playershare, I'm still in the prediction league any winnings to go to victims of rape.

A lot of people have a properly :censored: decision to make. They've paid a lot of their hard-earned cash* for STs and won't want to waste it, so they'll go along with a heavy heart. I don't blame them, but I massively admire anyone who takes a stand like yours.

*Leeslover gets his cash from the taxpayer and is therefore a thief.

It was really lax of his legal team not to just tell the court all the things on his page, because if they'd done that he'd have been released straight away and given a lift home for his trouble

Aye LL, i mean it was hardly going to be the most balances of websites; being run by his family and friends, but - have to say I was pretty amazed at the content and what and how it's being said.

Even more sad, is that some people on here, twitter and out in the real word of non-message boards / none social media, are actually using that website to form their own opinions on the case and therefore claiming he's inncent beyond all reasonable doubt?

Its a website created by him, his family, friends and supporters. Its not exactly going to be anything other than overtly pro-Evans is it?

Having read his own take on how the night panned out - under i think the 'key facts' banner on the left hand side of the page, his own defence; paints him as a horrendous human being. And that's from himself.

Oh, and members of his family (a cousin and 2nd cousin) as well as friends from Sheffield and Rhyl were responsible for naming his victim via social media and emcouraging a witch-hunt. She's since had to move house / address 5 times and have her name changed several times. Her parents haven't seen their daughter for over a year as a direct result.

Nice.

Going to massively help other rape victims come forward, knowing that people will name and shame them - the victim - on social media isnt it?

In trying to defend him; Evans and his supporters have hugely harmed future rape cases even being brought forward.

Edited by slystallone

Which is what the club are hoping for.... Football fans have a reputation for being lacking in morals, fickle bunch, I am sure we won't do anything to hurt that view point.

Yeah some who don't go have another excuse.....not to go

According to SSN, CE is training with us tomorrow prior to signing a short term deal. Unless the club back out of that, my decision (as stated in my email to the board and LJ earlier) still stands. I'll go and watch Bath City or Mangotsfield United instead. It will hurt; it will hurt a lot, but that's the way I feel. For those that continue to go, I wish you all well. We are all entitled to our opinions and no one should be condemned for sticking to their beliefs. That's the way it is.

If CE does become a Latics player, I will continue with the Prediction League for the remainder of the season, but that will be the sum total of my involvement with the club until CE is shown the door.

I'm as pissed off as anyone, but surely the best thing to do is actually turn up and let your feelings known. Staying away will certainly damage the club, but it's our club and i for one don't intend to let some :censored:ty convicted rapist keep me away. i intend to pay my money and take every opportunity to let him know how i feel. Staying away and weeping into your keyboard is borderline cowardice (BTW, some of us are being quoted on the BT.com news page).

Give the bastard :censored: and never, NEVER let anyone come between you and the club. It's OURS, so stop feeling sorry for yourselves and give him :censored:.

According to SSN, CE is training with us tomorrow prior to signing a short term deal. Unless the club back out of that, my decision (as stated in my email to the board and LJ earlier) still stands. I'll go and watch Bath City or Mangotsfield United instead. It will hurt; it will hurt a lot, but that's the way I feel. For those that continue to go, I wish you all well. We are all entitled to our opinions and no one should be condemned for sticking to their beliefs. That's the way it is.

If CE does become a Latics player, I will continue with the Prediction League for the remainder of the season, but that will be the sum total of my involvement with the club until CE is shown the door.

I have emailed the club to say I will not attend again whilst he plays - they have my money this season but not my support.

Aye LL, i mean it was hardly going to be the most balances of websites; being run by his family and friends, but - have to say I was pretty amazed at the content and what and how it's being said.

Even more sad, is that some people on here, twitter and out in the real word of non-message boards / none social media, are actually using that website to form their own opinions on the case and therefore claiming he's inncent beyond all reasonable doubt?

Its a website created by him, his family, friends and supporters. Its not exactly going to be anything other than overtly pro-Evans is it?

Having read his own take on how the night panned out - under i think the 'key facts' banner on the left hand side of the page, his own defence; paints him as a horrendous human being. And that's from himself.

Oh, and members of his family (a cousin and 2nd cousin) as well as friends from Sheffield and Rhyl were responsible for naming his victim via social media and emcouraging a witch-hunt. She's since had to move house / address 5 times and have her name changed several times. Her parents haven't seen their daughter for over a year as a direct result.

Nice.

Going to massively help other rape victims come forward, knowing that people will name and shame them - the victim - on social media isnt it?

In trying to defend him; Evans and his supporters have hugely harmed future rape cases even being brought forward.

No remorse. No apology. Just a very big suggestion that he's involved in the further hounding of the victim.

If George Elekobi snaps him in 2, meaning he won't be fit enough to sign, he will get my player of the season vote.

A lot of people have a properly :censored: decision to make. They've paid a lot of their hard-earned cash* for STs and won't want to waste it, so they'll go along with a heavy heart. I don't blame them, but I massively admire anyone who takes a stand like yours.

*Leeslover gets his cash from the taxpayer and is therefore a thief.

I'm still bloody paying for mine until April.

It's a tough decision which we shouldn't have to make.