Oldham 1 Crewe 2

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never realised we had got so good that we expect to beat every team put in front of us, deary me...

We did play a team at the bottom of the table, of course we didn't expect to beat them.

Edited by BP1960

If we'd have beat Yeovil and got a point at MK then we would view this result a lot differently, however we lost those games by an 11-0 aggregate so its hard to take this result in isolation, it starts to look like a rather worrying trend instead of an unlucky home loss. The knock on effect of these games on morale and confidence could mean our season is over much sooner than it looked like it would be a month ago

I wonder if Carl Winchester did enough to impress the manager today? Him and Kelly when he's back should be the first names on the teamsheet in midfield.

We should call it a day with Ibehre though, he started well but by and large he doesn't suit our style and refuses to enter the box. The wage would be better spent on a different striker.

Other than our clear lack of a threat upfront I'd have to agree with LJ that we actually weren't that bad.

I'm getting mightly pissed off with all this tippy tappy football and passing backwards. What's the point of playing to big uns up front without any sodding wingers. We were only dangerous when Mills and Dayton were bloody overlapping and getting some crosses in. Grrrrrrrrr....

I thought we were ok.

I don't think we deserved to lose and if Mills had got the penalty before their second we'd have won the game. Was it a foul?

The attitude of the players was miles better than it was against Yeovil.

I agree about the attitude but the quality of our play was poor.

The Joe Mills incident was farcical......in nearly every game he plays in, he goes down as if snipered never to return only to jump up and sprinting at full speed in under 5 minutes. The collision looked 50/50 to me as I thought their player was marginally quicker to the ball. So what happened to "play to the whistle"....too many of ours stood waiting for a non-forthcoming free kick.

Not that the bar was set much higher than grass level but I thought Ibehre had a good game but nobody got near him to pick up the secondary ball.

Referee had a mare. No idea about their penalty but how on earth wasn't that blatant tugging on the shirt when we were clean through at the end a penalty?! And the shocking tackle on Mills, in the area, before their goal. Not taking anything away from our absolute bluntlessness, but the ref was terrible.

Also, just a simple annoyance: why do we take short corners? Their keeper was about 8 stone piss wet through and stood no chance with Big George steaming through him, then the corner after the goal we take it short. Why?!

Edited by NewBlue

If we'd have beat Yeovil and got a point at MK then we would view this result a lot differently, however we lost those games by an 11-0 aggregate so its hard to take this result in isolation, it starts to look like a rather worrying trend instead of an unlucky home loss. The knock on effect of these games on morale and confidence could mean our season is over much sooner than it looked like it would be a month ago

That's pretty much my take on it.

I'd add that - as football has a funny way of screwing me - it all went wrong as soon as the call went out to get fans back (or more like a lash at those who don't attend)...

I'm not superstitious - but that was tempting fate.