LJs Crewe reaction

"It was fantastic from the boys, the reaction (following the 7-0 loss at MK Dons) and the energy that we played with.

"I thought we were superb today from start to finish - everything about our game was much better.

"We had threats, had runners up the sides and we looked dangerous.

"It's a little bit of a robbery. I thought we had two penalties that were stone wallers that we didn't get and I'm disappointed with certain aspects of the game, but not our play.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30543591

Very obviously, those that went have the best viewpoint, but on LP it did sound like LJ described it.

I am not saying the result is not disappointing, it clearly is, but Crewe also beat top of the league this week too.

It was good that the players reacted like they did.

I'd add not letting their heads drop after going a goal down to.

I'd much rather that reaction than moaning from LJ about restructuring from top to bottom.

Clearly the clear the air talks in the dressing room after that match included not singling players out for criticism and trying to build confidence.

I am glad he has said it like this. Better than tearing into the team publicly.

I doubt he was this pleased to them directly, but still he needs to build confidence.

The reaction to the defeat was more important than the result today.

Very obviously, those that went have the best viewpoint, but on LP it did sound like LJ described it.

I am not saying the result is not disappointing, it clearly is, but Crewe also beat top of the league this week too.

It was good that the players reacted like they did.

I'd add not letting their heads drop after going a goal down to.

I'd much rather that reaction than moaning from LJ about restructuring from top to bottom.

Clearly the clear the air talks in the dressing room after that match included not singling players out for criticism and trying to build confidence.

I am glad he has said it like this. Better than tearing into the team publicly.

I doubt he was this pleased to them directly, but still he needs to build confidence.

The reaction to the defeat was more important than the result today.

The players attitude, work rate and general performance was fine, I still think the missing link is that fox in the box.

Has anyone not noticed our very poor defenceive record? Whilst I agree we do need a decent striker (name a club that doesn't), if we didn't concede at least 1-2 goals every frickin game we'd be alright. Our defence has been terrible (IMO) for almost 5-6 seasons now....

I'm sorry but the world has gone mad. I`m reading adjectives like fantastic and superb from our manager when we have just been beaten for the 4th consecutive game - and by a team bottom of the table and down to 10 men - please don't take the Mickey.

It might have been an improvement from MK Dons but, in reality, could anything have been worse.

It's like saying "My house fell down a hole on Monday - bad day" "Only my garage fell down a hole Tuesday - fantastic superb!"

Doesn't wash with me I`m afraid.

The effort was there, but the application is still lacking. I suspect a few players were nervous, hence why we hesitated a lot on the edge of the opposition penalty area, we needed an early goal to settle the nerves and when it didn't come the nerves kicked in all over the pich

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Compare that performance to Bradford at home with the free flowing passing and movement and consider we've just played bottom of the league. We're a team struggling for any sort of cohesion. Passing rhythm is difficult for us and we can't score from open play. If we were genuinely superb in the way we were earlier in the season we would've smashed them for 5 or 6 today.

I can see how he's trying to boost morale a bit but it doesn't really fool us other than in terms of effort and energy. The quality was still very poor in many areas. That's to be expected in a team so devoid of confidence though.

It wasn't through lack of effort or shots on target that we lost but rather a needless penalty and Mills going down as if he had been shot and hence leaving the side door open again. 1 0 down against 10 men and he replaces Forte and Philly with Johnson and Morgan-Smith!

Compare that performance to Bradford at home with the free flowing passing and movement and consider we've just played bottom of the league. We're a team struggling for any sort of cohesion. Passing rhythm is difficult for us and we can't score from open play. If we were genuinely superb in the way we were earlier in the season we would've smashed them for 5 or 6 today.

I can see how he's trying to boost morale a bit but it doesn't really fool us other than in terms of effort and energy. The quality was still very poor in many areas. That's to be expected in a team so devoid of confidence though.

It was good today, performance wise wasn't it?

Tempo was good, passing was on point.

There's bashing, there's negativitity...and there's not seeing what's in front of you.

We were pretty good today; we just didnt get the breaks...

"not seeing what's in front of you" - Jeez, we've just lost at home to the bottom club who were down to 10 men - are our expectations now that low that we celebrate this fact? Can't believe some of this stuff - think you've all been on one of those American 'positive mental attitude' courses - the ones that caused the financial crash because everyone always had to be ever so positive and ignore the blindingly obvious.

"not seeing what's in front of you" - Jeez, we've just lost at home to the bottom club who were down to 10 men - are our expectations now that low that we celebrate this fact? Can't believe some of this stuff - think you've all been on one of those American 'positive mental attitude' courses - the ones that caused the financial crash because everyone always had to be ever so positive and ignore the blindingly obvious.

Who's accepting it? We lost, it's pointless worrying about it.

It was good today, performance wise wasn't it?

Tempo was good, passing was on point.

There's bashing, there's negativitity...and there's not seeing what's in front of you.

We were pretty good today; we just didnt get the breaks...

We dominated but we weren't a patch on what we've been this season. They were a very bad side we faced today yet they still had some very good chances and limited us; bottom of the league with 1 away win all season puts it in perspective.

It was attritional because our lack of quality meant it would be. When I think superb I think Bradford at home, Chesterfield away perhaps or Fleetwood. Play like that and we'd have annihilated Crewe; in the context that wasn't expected so it was a decent performance, but in comparison to how we've been at our peak it was poor. The passing wasn't sharp like it has been, so many were misplaced. We were very average overall doing the basics. Not trying to be over-critical, just how I saw it. With a striker we'd have scored a few as there were a few individual moments of creativity from some of our attackers but the fact is a poor side came and did a job on us.

Edited by NewBlue

This is obviously LJ's attempt to try and maintain positivity in hard times...if not only to keep pressure off himself too.

But like people say there is remaining positive and calling out a satisfaction with the turn around in attitude/performance but he should still call out his dissapointnent in the result and killer instinct.

LJ is simply turning into Paul Dickov, PR trained to say the right things, it's works for a while and then they get sick of the usual :censored:e!

We lose and he thinks it's a great performance, no lee it's just better than losing 7 nil!

We have just lose to bottom of the table who were down to 10 men for a large part of the 2nd half.

All the talk of playoffs, you built it up, you built us up now you have to rebuild yet again.

This time leave the talking out

A decent keeper and we'd have got away with an unlucky draw. Instead we were beaten despite having the best of the play. I think that last goal showed the weakness of Paul R. He is the least athletic keeper I have seen in a long time. No pace to get back and no spring to even get near it. Have another look, even when he knows he needs to get back he can't even get close to a sprint. Not suggesting the fat lump Paddy would have done any better.

Biggest difference in real terms, they had a talented striker (we didn't).

A decent keeper and we'd have got away with an unlucky draw. Instead we were beaten despite having the best of the play. I think that last goal showed the weakness of Paul R. He is the least athletic keeper I have seen in a long time. No pace to get back and no spring to even get near it. Have another look, even when he knows he needs to get back he can't even get close to a sprint. Not suggesting the fat lump Paddy would have done any better.

Im sure the keeper will be disappointed but in his defence he had pushed our backline up to the halfway line and was playing as more of a sweeper than a keeper, Ajose is quick and also very clever and at our level not many forwards would of had the vision never mind the ability to do that, it was a great goal the keeper was caught flat footed with little chance of getting back and although im sure Rabs will be a little gutted I wouldnt blame him for the defeat.

Im sure the keeper will be disappointed but in his defence he had pushed our backline up to the halfway line and was playing as more of a sweeper than a keeper, Ajose is quick and also very clever and at our level not many forwards would of had the vision never mind the ability to do that, it was a great goal the keeper was caught flat footed with little chance of getting back and although im sure Rabs will be a little gutted I wouldnt blame him for the defeat.

It's a decent point you make, but not sure it needed emphasising 3 times?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think he's at fault; beaten from distance again, and didnt have the reaction, speed or spring to get back and save it...

I anticipated the lob from the RRE long before our keeper reacted. Brilliant finish all the same.

Bollocks to this high line and playing as a sweeper :censored:. He was in the wrong place, didn't react early enough and got done by a gem.

I'll not forget his first half save though.

Edited by opinions4u