Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair the Trust seems to not know 100% anything at any given moment... Its always I will have to check this, I will get back to you on that and then nothing for long periods. A trust director posted yesterday to say Barrys role was never about representing fans and was just about having someone keeping an eye on the club. Which was news to me.

The only thing worse than Barry not representing the fans properly is the Trust directors and membership not holding him to account for it.

What has gone on is nothing new but we all sat back and let it carry on. Some people offered up blanket defences while the obvious was going on.

Hopefully a new dawn awaits...

To be fair the Trust seems to not know 100% anything at any given moment... Its always I will have to check this, I will get back to you on that and then nothing for long periods. A trust director posted yesterday to say Barrys role was never about representing fans and was just about having someone keeping an eye on the club. Which was news to me.

The only thing worse than Barry not representing the fans properly is the Trust directors and membership not holding him to account for it.

What has gone on is nothing new but we all sat back and let it carry on. Some people offered up blanket defences while the obvious was going on.

Hopefully a new dawn awaits...

Another example that the whole committee is slated.....yet I've been accused of claiming that when it's not been happening. Really?

Another example that the whole committee is slated.....yet I've been accused of claiming that when it's not been happening. Really?

I dont totally understand your point...

My point was to say you can't just blame Barry... I just feel the ones who don't like what he has done or where the trust finds itself, have to take some responsibility for the inaction.

Edited by oafc0000

And that only person could tell you only what he's allowed..............................ever, whoever!!

Well its not so much of a case of being "allowed"... But I know what your point is... Commercial sensitivities etc...

I think your missing something lags... The hundreds if not thousands of ignored questions on here...

Edited by oafc0000

Well its not so much of a case of being "allowed"... But I know what your point is... Commercial sensitivities etc...

And this will happen to the next rep and the next rep and the next rep........

and each will be accused of becoming SC yes man.....losing trust.......to being a Blatter.

and each will be accused of becoming SC yes man.....losing trust.......to being a Blatter.

Nah bollocks it will...

I have asked questions on here which where flat ignored...

Others have asked question on here which where flat ignored....

If I asked that question and got the reply "The sponsor doesn't want us to disclose who it is" then I would accept that answer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30762958

So it wasn't abuse... It wasn't death threats... It wasn't rape threats... It wasn't mod rule... It was MONEY.... ?

One thing I could of guaranteed on Monday was Sponsors pulling out. Jesus wept....

If Barry didn't think any sponsors were going to pull out after our intentions to sign a convicted rapist were announced then he is an idiot. Sponsors threatened to pull out of Sheff U when they said they would let Evans train with them, nevermind sign. It wasn't just the sponsors too, it would have taken less than 20 fans to not go for the length of his supposed 2.5 year deal for the club to lose more money than most of our sponsors put in. He has no place ever running anything again. I would not go to a piss up in a whiskey distillery if I found out he was running it as it wouldn't work.

Quite simply the Trust and it's illusion of democracy has left us in a place where an idiot like that not only ran our £300k, or was it £600k but for a time also ran the football club. For one of his re-elections about 6 people voted for him. More than that walked out when the idiots in the Main Stand started singing "One Ched Evans".

While somebody in that position is there to be shot at, I think people understand that some things can't always get stated openly.

But communication is the key. And communication on how fans benefit from Barry's contribution is, frankly, abysmal.

Where's the monthly / quarterly Q&A or update for fans?

Where's the "we asked for / we got" for fans?

There was an element of consultation around scrapping the youth set up. But that is, honestly, the only thing I can recall.

Where's any evidence that fans have benefited from the role at all? If Barry's done stuff for "us" what is it? Maybe he's been influential in admission prices being unchanged for a few years. But it's not obvious.

The club have wheeled him out to give us bad news about season ticket rises, they've allowed him to slag off stay always (who he indirectly still represents) and, if I've understood sentiment correctly, he's failed to communicate the very strong feelings of the majority of supporters over the potential signing of Evans.

There is a line his replacement will need to walk carefully. Being a full time employee of the club is well over that line.

Edited by opinions4u

I'd still be interested in OWTB members guesses to the amount in £'s Mecca, Zen and verlins sponsorships amounted too....

place ya bids.....and to make it more interesting the nearest wins £10 of strike it lucky tickets next home match, courtesy from yours truly.

Cut to the chase... Is your suggestion it wasn't finances ?

I doubt any fan believes any of those companies where paving the streets with gold for us...

Edited by oafc0000

While somebody in that position is there to be shot at, I think people understand that some things can't always get stated openly.

But communication is the key. And communication on how fans benefit from Barry's contribution is, frankly, abysmal.

Where's the monthly / quarterly Q&A or update for fans?

Where's the "we asked for / we got" for fans?

There was an element of consultation around scrapping the youth set up. But that is, honestly, the only thing I can recall.

Where's any evidence that fans have benefited from the role at all? If Barry's done stuff for "us" what is it? Maybe he's been influential in admission prices being unchanged for a few years. But it's not obvious.

The club have wheeled him out to give us bad news about season ticket rises, they've allowed him to slag off stay always (who he indirectly still represents) and, if I've understood sentiment correctly, he's failed to communicate the very strong feelings of the majority of supporters over the potential signing of Evans.

There is a line his replacement will need to walk carefully. Being a full time employee of the club is well over that line.

I don't know most of what you ask....I am just stating that any rep will end up like Barry.......he just did it too long. Lost trust/faith and got to the point he did with the rank and file. If you cant see that fair enough.

'It came down purely to finances'

Not threats then?

Just when you thought "thats it, you can't be annoyed more by it" we are lead story on the BBC football website.

Due Dilligence!! More buzzwords to spout.

Mob Rule

Due Dilligence

Any more?

I don't know most of what you ask....I am just stating that any rep will end up like Barry.......he just did it too long. Lost trust/faith and got to the point he did with the rank and file. If you cant see that fair enough.

It wasn't JUST he did it too long...

But you do have a point... One of the inherent problems is he did it for 12 :censored:ing years!!!

Back in the day when the masses where saying bollocks like only Barry can do the job, SC won't accept anyone else and so on... I was screaming it was bollocks and the trust should set a maximum period the fan on the board can sit. Four years makes sense to me...

We should of had a number of reps by now... Instead of this mickey mouse dictatorship...

The leader of the trust should also not be the person who sits on the board. Something else I have been saying for years. Its too much work to do both roles. The trust directors should appoint the chairman... The fans / members should elect the Rep on the board...

Simple as that...

Three overdue reforms...

Edited by oafc0000

'It came down purely to finances'

Not threats then?

Just when you thought "thats it, you can't be annoyed more by it" we are lead story on the BBC football website.

Due Dilligence!! More buzzwords to spout.

Mob Rule

Due Dilligence

Any more?

:censored: da Police.

We still want Barry Out