Barry Owen

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry's statement oozes self righteousness, can't believe he is trying to take the moral high ground over comments made against him given the decisions and contradictory actions during his position of 'trust' over the last few months inparticular!

im secure in believing nothing I have said is libellous and indeed I'm still waiting for his invitation to a meeting to discuss my misgivings to be acted upon

Just a gut feeling Lags, nothing I could substantiate with fact. I just grew to think that SC didn't have the best interests of the club at heart.

55, I stopped going because of the above.

Well it was good to see you at a match recently. Hope you get back more often. Had a good chat with Mike Bentley last night, he's come up with a great idea......be right up your street.

I did put a note on this thread a few days ago about positions within the Trust and The Vice Chair Diane Mellor will step into his position in the short term-and by the way I do not know when her position as a Director comes up for re-election before anyone asks

Does Diane take Barry's place on the board forthwith?

Does Diane take Barry's place on the board forthwith?

Can I just say that I am only giving out my opinion but I would think so on a temporary basis OR the Trust Directors may decide to have no representation until a new person is voted onto The OA(2014)AFC Ltd Board-who by the way does not have to be the Chairman of the Trust !

This is a step in the right direction but how do we now get him out of the position where he's been doing the most damage and might now do even more (if that's possible)?

This is a step in the right direction but how do we now get him out of the position where he's been doing the most damage and might now do even more (if that's possible)?

The Fans and the Trust have no influence on who is appointed or dismissed as a Director of OAAFC Ltd apart from the 1 Fans Rep

To be fair, I don't really see what he can contribute as a Director. He has no voting right. Although whispers of him being the Enforcer, and basically an HR would seem a worry but not really our concern. I would imagine Neil Joy would be the person that any appeal goes to.

I guess he is Corneys eyes and ears when Corney is away. But I cannot imagine many telling him what is really going on.

As Trust Chairman, he did a lot more damage IMHO. Alienating the fans and really damage the image of the Trust. All but bringing its name into disrepute.

He was a dead man walking with elections coming up.

Following the announcement that Barry Owen has resigned as Chair of Trust Oldham, Oldham Athletic (2004 Limited) can confirm that Mr Owen will remain as a Board Director of the company until a new representative of the Trust is appointed.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-barry-owen-2193466.aspx#mvyi4YLvXVM4ebRF.99

So he won't be around for much longer.

Edited by opinions4u

Following the announcement that Barry Owen has resigned as Chair of Trust Oldham, Oldham Athletic (2004 Limited) can confirm that Mr Owen will remain as a Board Director of the company until a new representative of the Trust is appointed.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-barry-owen-2193466.aspx#mvyi4YLvXVM4ebRF.99

Music to my ears

I just wonder if he saw that coming!