Barry Owen

He should have gone a long time ago. If the trust was stronger (and this is not a criticism of the men and women who give up their time for the trust, for which as a fan I appreciate), then he would have been voted out a long time ago.

Once it was clear he was working for SC, that creates a conflict of interest and he should have gone.

Also, I think he had the role of chairman of the fans trust wrong. Surely this role should be to advise the club of the fans wishes and inform the fans of the directions the club is taking. Barry seemed to try to manage the role as an MP would, I have been elected by the people so that means I make all decisions on the fans behalf. That is not the way this role should be run.

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I'm too slow (In all senses) with this stuff.

OAFC 2004 has stated since 2004 that the Trust owns 3% of the shares. From what I can work out (I am a total thicko with company law and such) the Trust has in fact not owned any shares since 2005 or whenever the FSA wound up the original company. The shares fell to the Exchequer. In this scenario, which I would say is highly likely, Barry has been bluffing Corney for years - not just Corney but anyone who got involved with the Trust - that the Trust owns 3% of the company.

As far as I know, the money collected during the bucket crisis was spent on shares that long since reverted to Her Majesty.

And another thing: in my theory, Barry is the only director of OAFC 2004 to know that those accounts are false.

The simple question I would have asked Barry is this: does the current incarnation of the trust hold 3% of OAFC 2004? Barry's gone from the trust, but the question remains.

Was the trust wound up and reformed in 2005? Is that what I am not following?

If so I see your point.

If you look on companies house for OAFc 2004 you will see edits to documents around that time like the articles of association. might be linked?

Edited by oafc0000

Was the trust wound up and reformed in 2005? Is that what I am not following?

If so I see your point.

If you look on companies house for OAFc 2004 you will see edits to documents around that time like the articles of association. might be linked?

I have downloaded a copy of the amenments to Articles of Association in 2005 and it is nothing to worry about re the Trust, in fact it clarifies that the holder or holders of the B share (non voting) have certain rights

Okay. I'm too slow (In all senses) with this stuff.

OAFC 2004 has stated since 2004 that the Trust owns 3% of the shares. From what I can work out (I am a total thicko with company law and such) the Trust has in fact not owned any shares since 2005 or whenever the FSA wound up the original company. The shares fell to the Exchequer. In this scenario, which I would say is highly likely, Barry has been bluffing Corney for years - not just Corney but anyone who got involved with the Trust - that the Trust owns 3% of the company.

As far as I know, the money collected during the bucket crisis was spent on shares that long since reverted to Her Majesty.

And another thing: in my theory, Barry is the only director of OAFC 2004 to know that those accounts are false.

The simple question I would have asked Barry is this: does the current incarnation of the trust hold 3% of OAFC 2004? Barry's gone from the trust, but the question remains.

Diego has started a specific thread on this matter and I think that speculation is wrong!

Can understand him standing down from Chair of Trust as he hasnt represented the fans over this saga.

He'll stay on the board until the new Chair is appointed but who reckons he'll be reappointed to the board? If he doesn't then it'll speak volumes - fall guy for CE debacle?

I do scratch my head over what the board members bring to the table aside from SC. Have they invested? Do they hold shares? Do they have a role for the better of the club i.e. networking, commercial expertise?!

It's a key stage not only or our season but immediate future of the club following last week and hopefully all four stand up and move the club forward. Signings on field, building bridges off the field with PFA, sponsors, media and seeking investment from somewhere and focus on the stand development.

The trust have arranged a meeting for monday evening to discuss recent events and plan a way forward. I wouldn't expect either myself or any of the other directors will be in a position to say anything further until after this meeting. I will publish all the outcomes of this meeting on it's conclusion. If anyone wants anything inparticular raising at this meeting or anything clarifying, please pm me. Thanks.

That's the club's understanding of the situation, and it might be somewhat different from the actuality.

The question is whether OLDHAM ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS FOUNDATION LTD (Reg08860767) owns the shares.

The new Trustco, which goes back only 11 months, has the same name as two others. My guess (on the balance of current probabilities) is that the changes of name are part of a bid to disguise the fact that the current incarnation of the trust owns no shares. My best guess is that the trust lost the shares when the original Trustco was wound up by the FSA. I gather it's very difficult to retrieve the assets of a wound-up company - you need to transfer them beforehand. I'm alleging not fraud, but maladministration or something even lighter than that.

That's why I'm pissed off Barry has gone. I was about to take this big swing at him and he runs away. Bastard to the last.

Diego has started a specific thread on this matter and I think that speculation is wrong!

It's not wrong if it reveals an unpalatable truth. I've been very careful with this stuff and I'm prepared to admit I might be wrong. If what I think has happened happened, those articles of association are out of date and...potentially based on a false premise - the premise that the current trust owns the shares.

That's the club's understanding of the situation, and it might be somewhat different from the actuality.

The question is whether OLDHAM ATHLETIC SUPPORTERS FOUNDATION LTD (Reg08860767) owns the shares.

The new Trustco, which goes back only 11 months, has the same name as two others. My guess (on the balance of current probabilities) is that the changes of name are part of a bid to disguise the fact that the current incarnation of the trust owns no shares. My best guess is that the trust lost the shares when the original Trustco was wound up by the FSA. I gather it's very difficult to retrieve the assets of a wound-up company - you need to transfer them beforehand. I'm alleging not fraud, but maladministration or something even lighter than that.

That's why I'm pissed off Barry has gone. I was about to take this big swing at him and he runs away. Bastard to the last.

You really dont like the facts getting in the way of your argument do you! The Trust in its various guises owns the 3 B shares, now as a Limited Company

Edited by ChaddySmoker

You really dont like the facts getting in the way of your argument do you! The Trust in its various guises owns the 3 B shares, now as a Limited Company

This is thing. Calm down a minute and think about "various guises". My impression is that one of the non-extant guises owns the shares, meaning they've gone to the Exchequer. It's only £3, but if I'm right, it just shows the extent to which Barry lost his way at the top of the trust. He would've had to sit on that board knowing he had :censored: all right to be there.

This is thing. Calm down a minute and think about "various guises". My impression is that one of the non-extant guises owns the shares, meaning they've gone to the Exchequer. It's only £3, but if I'm right, it just shows the extent to which Barry lost his way at the top of the trust. He would've had to sit on that board knowing he had :censored: all right to be there.

Pretty sure they'd have legal advice each time such a change has been made.

But I don't know that!

I'm assuming groundless conspiracy theory until shown otherwise.

Can understand him standing down from Chair of Trust as he hasnt represented the fans over this saga.

He'll stay on the board until the new Chair is appointed but who reckons he'll be reappointed to the board? If he doesn't then it'll speak volumes - fall guy for CE debacle?

I do scratch my head over what the board members bring to the table aside from SC. Have they invested? Do they hold shares? Do they have a role for the better of the club i.e. networking, commercial expertise?!

It's a key stage not only or our season but immediate future of the club following last week and hopefully all four stand up and move the club forward. Signings on field, building bridges off the field with PFA, sponsors, media and seeking investment from somewhere and focus on the stand development.

Why would they appoint him as a director .

If this saga has shown one thing it is that Barry is completely out of his depth.

Obviously his ability to do a job like this is a lot lower than the ability he thinks he has actually got.

Being a trust director gave him access to the boardroom where he completely fell for the surrounding glitter and all that went with it.

His reason for being there quickly disappeared into the background as he saw an opportunity to better himself.

To be fair he probably started the job with all the right intentions but unfortunately the bright lights

and the air of boardroom success quickly took over.

It's something the next trust director will have to take on board as it will be an extremely difficult job to remember your intentions.

The trust have arranged a meeting for monday evening to discuss recent events and plan a way forward. I wouldn't expect either myself or any of the other directors will be in a position to say anything further until after this meeting. I will publish all the outcomes of this meeting on it's conclusion. If anyone wants anything inparticular raising at this meeting or anything clarifying, please pm me. Thanks.

Chris Could the Directors of the Trust confirm that Oldham Athletic Supporters Foundation Ltd, Company Number 08860767 owns 3 B Shares in OA(2004)AFC Ltd with all the associated rights as listed in the Changes to the Articles of Association filled at Companies House 15/03/2005, specifically to appoint a member of the Board of OA(2004) AFC Ltd.

Chris Could the Directors of the Trust confirm that Oldham Athletic Supporters Foundation Ltd, Company Number 08860767 owns 3 B Shares in OA(2004)AFC Ltd with all the associated rights as listed in the Changes to the Articles of Association filled at Companies House 15/03/2005, specifically to appoint a member of the Board of OA(2004) AFC Ltd.

^That.