I've been reliably informed that there are several clubs sniffing around him at the moment -not championship clubs thoigh. also that Corney has said we will be getting rid of Players this month that WILL surprise many. Think the funds raised will go to the stand - hence why looking at Evans on a free?

Possibly the delay with the Evans signing?

If I found out more I will post.

Vastly overrated. Very one dimensional i.e. can run into space beyond full backs - once they suss that out he's useless - which they have - if we can get money for him snatch their hands off - do people not actually watch games - obvious he's no striker and did well until teams in this division got to know how to play him

We won't get a good fee for him due to being injury prone, He is our top scorer and has got us to the strong position we are in today (3 points of playoffs). I would much rather we got rid of the fringe players and keep the core group and try to add more quality around that.

I don't think we do have an option - http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20140801-jonathan-forte-joins-oldham-athletic-1796919.aspx

And we shouldn't get rid. He's our top scorer, who's had a mini-drought (possibly Evans related, but that's speculation and probably best saved for a different thread).

I think he's best out wide left, I know others think different, and playing a diamond means we can't have him there. But we should play a formation that gets the best out of our players, which for me would be Forte wide left. Especially at home, having him through the middle won't work. Teams have worked out since Coventry that if they sit deep, his pace is useless and they can deal with him if he's in front of them.

In all seriousness I hope we don't sell and with his injuries I can't see a team wanting to spend big. I mean the bloke can't even train properly. He hasn't looked great the past couple of months and I was one calling for him to be pushed upfront but since then really his goals have dried up (2 against cov and 1 at shelf U but performance wise too he hasn't looked as sharp) maybe he needs to go back out to the wing and fire balls in to Eva- whoever's upfront for us by the end of jan!