Trust Reforms

In my personal opinion based on my observations is:

That a current trust committee member takes over the role. Reason in my mind is that they have "served their time...ie an apprenticeship" as such, that they have a sound and good grounding already of how the club works and club relationships too. Barry has kindly offered his services in the in trim, to

shadow/handover so we have not lost the knowledge/working relationship in place. This we hope will make the transition for the club smother too

To be honest as a co-opted member I don't think it is right that I should be considered for the position, as like I have said above, I haven't served my time and as I have slipped up on here a couple of times over the trust, so I haven't got eh knowledge yet either.

Personally, I don't have the diplomatic skills and I also feel have some sort of business background like running a company or higher up the food chain as a senior member of staff at a company.

Yes I do feel that those skills are important to the role. Again, its my personal feelings/observations on the role.

Thanks and keep an eye our for Trust announcements/bulletins

Edited by underdog

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently stealing a wage because I'm following this stuff.

If I've got this right, you have to be an elected member of the board to be eligible to stand for chairman.

We can't have another situation in which the board is made up of people who will not stand against the chair. That's how the democracy of the trust was shut down from the beginning. That's how Barry became Barry. Either open the elections for chair up to non-board members, or make the board more diverse.

I think anything other than members voting directly for their representative is going to lead to the same feelings of a lack of representation and mandate....

I agree. It's not even personal against Barry. Perhaps anyone operating under such a weak accountability mechanism would have become like Barry. For me, the next Chair should be an interim one, with the specific objective of sorting out the Trust constitution, before moving on or being subject to a satisfactory election.

Is there a prize for the first mention of General De Gaulle on this board?

Its being looked at 24, the current constitution, how long the tenure is, how we look at "blooding" new trust committee members in.

We have a lot to look at and the time is now to do it and to get it right too. We are "on the case", but we are all volunteers and do need a little bit of time to do this. All I can say is that change is imminent, we cant do it overnight, put it has to be soon

Please look out for Trust statements/bulletins

Dear all,

Just to confirm what Chris said, this is the perfect chance now for the trust to discuss more in depth

• Current constitution and any reforms to be made
  • Clarity of roles. With the new fans liaison in place at the club, who does what at the club and at the Trust. I know Chris had plans to work on this this season

A statement will follow soon with regards to the intrim plans and shortly after, bulletins on a fans Q&A session and of course the April AGM.I know myself, Chris, Lookers do look at this forum and what would help us if we can centralise all thoughts, suggestions, Questions, offers of help in the pinned Trust Oldham thread up top. I will open one up now with a date of February as we are hoping to have a fans Q&A in Feb.

Thanks everyone

Sorry, far from the most important issue being discussed on the thread, but is Jenny being replaced or do you just mean Barry's replacement?

I'm currently stealing a wage because I'm following this stuff.

If I've got this right, you have to be an elected member of the board to be eligible to stand for chairman.

We can't have another situation in which the board is made up of people who will not stand against the chair. That's how the democracy of the trust was shut down from the beginning. That's how Barry became Barry. Either open the elections for chair up to non-board members, or make the board more diverse.

Another option to stop another Barry situation is as has already been suggested somewhere, have the chair been a fixed term position. I think 4 years was mentioned.

I agree. It's not even personal against Barry. Perhaps anyone operating under such a weak accountability mechanism would have become like Barry. For me, the next Chair should be an interim one, with the specific objective of sorting out the Trust constitution, before moving on or being subject to a satisfactory election.

Is there a prize for the first mention of General De Gaulle on this board?

Although i must stress this had not been decided yet there was the option of an interim chairman discussed and it is an option of doing that either until thie AGM or even the next AGM. Last night was a very positive and frank meeting where numerous viewpoints where shared. The next step is to pick through these views and put a proposal together in time Gor the AGM. If anybody feels they can help the board in anyway or wishes to join the board (we are going to pit a role lost up when the constitution is voted on and ready to be in place) then feel free to get in touch with us. Even before the agm you can be co-opted. If there's 1 thing we're short of it's bodies. Don't let anything put you off either. Even location.

Although i must stress this had not been decided yet there was the option of an interim chairman discussed and it is an option of doing that either until thie AGM or even the next AGM. Last night was a very positive and frank meeting where numerous viewpoints where shared. The next step is to pick through these views and put a proposal together in time Gor the AGM. If anybody feels they can help the board in anyway or wishes to join the board (we are going to pit a role lost up when the constitution is voted on and ready to be in place) then feel free to get in touch with us. Even before the agm you can be co-opted. If there's 1 thing we're short of it's bodies. Don't let anything put you off either. Even location.

Thanks Chris. I'll have a think about what I can offer.

EDIT: Everyone else should do the same.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Thanks Chris. I'll have a think about what I can offer.

EDIT: Everyone else should do the same.

24hrs moves up into JSS's slip stream...!

Seriously, either or both, of you two on the Trust could only beneficial. I'd be confident of the significant contribution you can make.

Maybe another good thing of the Evans debacle is that there are more Trust Board members

Sorry, far from the most important issue being discussed on the thread, but is Jenny being replaced or do you just mean Barry's replacement?

Sorry JSS yes, I meant Jenny, I was trying to get job titles in play rather than names as usual titles stay in the main when a name moves on.

I have failed miserable on this one.

In my mind, with the role of fans liaison officer now in place at the club, the Trust can maintain the overall representation of fans views at board level

In my mind and the best way I can describe how I see the roles are:

An individuals/ small groups match day experience, home and away as well as suggestions should go to the fans liaison at the club. EG running go out of pies, setting up a non-smoking area in the RRE, ticket allocation issue at a recent away match.

The boardroom decisions that effect ALL fans or the majority, the trust should have ears in on and decide overall what would be best decision for both parties. Bearing in mind the trust are there to secure the future of OAFC too. IN other words More of an umbrella effect to protect the interest of all or majority of fans at club level.

Myself and Chris have been available on match days for any fans who any issues, concerns suggestions and will via the trust, passing these issues over if the fans liasion officer has not been able to attend trust meetings.

As you know Chris and lookers are working on a who does what and what skills they have brought to the trust committee. So you can see the skills people have and the knowledge the have accrued in their tenure in order to ensure the club does carry on a day to day basis if the current owner of OAFC walks away. A bit more transparency and my hope, to give you all confidence, piece of mind of the skills and attributes the committee have to step in if need be and once done, what possible skills attributes we might be missing and need to recruit for

And vice versa, what if the club knew of the skills of the committee and ask for independent advice too, say for instance when the club gets it's annual policing bill. Who could the club ask to check it's right and maybe re- negotiate and save the club money? Believe it or not Barry. The club could ask for and maybe even has called upon the expertise of trust committee members as individuals and as a collective. A partnership

Again this is my overview of how I see things now.

Of course, all subject to change, amendment, learning curve as we go along.

Edited by underdog