• Jones
    • Winchester
    • Morgan-Smith
    • Philliskirk
    • Poleon
    • Forte
    • Mellis
    • Dieng

if someone has a decent performance or 2 at left back, how does that make them ready to start at right back in front os someone who hasnt done anyting wrong and has been solid for most of the season.

dont understand the logic...Mills in, Brown on the bench and if Wilson makes a mistake that costs us like Mr Brown in the past, they can swap.

Edited by palmer1

if someone has a decent performance or 2 at left back, how does that make them ready to start at right back in front os someone who hasnt done anyting wrong and has been solid for most of the season.

dont understand the logic...Mills in, Brown on the bench and if Wilson makes a mistake that costs us like Mr Brown in the past, they can swap.

B Wilson made 2 or 3 real cock ups in the first half on Saturdaty when you didnt go! Plus he cannot cross for toffee however solid he might have been previously

B Wilson made 2 or 3 real cock ups in the first half on Saturdaty when you didnt go! Plus he cannot cross for toffee however solid he might have been previously

Brown got an assist did he? whats that 2 or 3 in 3 seasons? 1 good cross in how many games? Wilson had 2 in his first 5 games at the club

he is a defender first and foremost and a better one than Brown

Real cock ups? I didnt go as I had plans like i mentioned but first time ive seen it mentioned on here that he made 'real cock ups' County finished nil didnt they?

I have been informed that Brown was OK, nothing special and delivered a great cross for the goal. it really comes to something when people fall over thmselves to point out when a player is OK and hasnt done anything wrong.Wilson was bought as Browns replacement and is our first choice right back.

Edited by palmer1

Brown got an assist did he? whats that 2 or 3 in 3 seasons? 1 good cross in how many games? Wilson had 2 in his first 5 games at the club

he is a defender first and foremost and a better one than Brown

Real cock ups? I didnt go as I had plans like i mentioned but first time ive seen it mentioned on here that he made 'real cock ups' County finished nil didnt they?

I have been informed that Brown was OK, nothing special and delivered a great cross for the goal. it really comes to something when people fall over thmselves to point out when a player is OK and hasnt done anything wrong.Wilson was bought as Browns replacement and is our first choice right back.

He could score a first half hat trick, then go in goal and keep a clean sheet and you'd still say he should have done better...

maybe I should word it differently.

I would like him to be better than the current right back Wilson, he isnt! IMO he makes far to many mistakes.

I would play Kasunga there ahead of him because he is also better than him IMO

I cant think of any right full backs from the last 15 years or more at Oldham than were permanent squad members that he would be ahead of...

Eardlley, Brown, Lee (who i always argued was not a right full back and couldnt do it in the league above in that position) Lanzoni for a short period. Mcniven, Makin.

I have missed aload but you get my point. That is how I judge him and he just doesnt stand up....

I judge him on oppo full backs, on certain days he may be better but not consistantly and I judge him on how comfortable on the ball he is. He isnt he treads on the ball and mis places lots of passes - very very average imo

However I have always said I hope he changes my mind and if he has had 2 good games thats great. He doesnt deserve to replace players who have done nothing wrong though. The position is Wilsons until he :censored:s it up like Brown did earlier in the season or until LJ decides Brown is the man...........I dont think he will, do you?

Edited by palmer1

We have had plenty of better players in recent years, of course we have, but you paint this picture of him dropping clangers every time he gets on the pitch - I doubt he would still be here if that were the case.

no I dont, I have stated he is prone to mistakes were others are not. LJ has tried to replace him more than once and he is cheap which is the only reason IMO he was offered another deal as cover. I do wonder what would hapen if Carlisle came in for him permanent.

I also wonder why they havent? I doubt LJ would stand in his way and he would have mentioned turning down an offer in the press.

maybe I should word it differently.

I would like him to be better than the current right back Wilson, he isnt! IMO he makes far to many mistakes.

I would play Kasunga there ahead of him because he is also better than him IMO

I cant think of any right full backs from the last 15 years or more at Oldham than were permanent squad members that he would be ahead of...

Eardlley, Brown, Lee (who i always argued was not a right full back and couldnt do it in the league above in that position) Lanzoni for a short period. Mcniven, Makin.

I have missed aload but you get my point. That is how I judge him and he just doesnt stand up....

I judge him on oppo full backs, on certain days he may be better but not consistantly and I judge him on how comfortable on the ball he is. He isnt he treads on the ball and mis places lots of passes - very very average imo

However I have always said I hope he changes my mind and if he has had 2 good games thats great. He doesnt deserve to replace players who have done nothing wrong though. The position is Wilsons until he :censored:s it up like Brown did earlier in the season or until LJ decides Brown is the man...........I dont think he will, do you?

You seem to be judging him as if he's 29. He's a young lad who has shown a decent amount of improvement. Plenty more improvement possible rather than being written off as useless.

no I dont, I have stated he is prone to mistakes were others are not. LJ has tried to replace him more than once and he is cheap which is the only reason IMO he was offered another deal as cover. I do wonder what would hapen if Carlisle came in for him permanent.

I also wonder why they havent? I doubt LJ would stand in his way and he would have mentioned turning down an offer in the press.

I think if you had seen Brian Wilson's performance on Saturday even you might concede that at the moment Brown is the better of the 2, IMO i think a Brian Wilson playing at the top of his game is a far better player than Conor Brown, but as it stands I think a spell as substitute might just be the kick up the arse he needs.

Does the manager drop a player many think has been man of the match in the last couple of games? if so let's not hear any more from him of players having to earn a place in the team.

Edited by BP1960

Does the manager drop a player many think has been man of the match in the last couple of games? if so let's not hear any more from him of players having to earn a place in the team.

Connor has the potential to be a decent footballer, he is not there yet but his passing especially from left back is very good.

I do think that palmer1 has a point that he tends to make mistakes but I do hope that not everybody is voting for MoM just to wind him up.

Wilson cannot cross the bloody ball and I dont buy this crap about he is there just to defend as most fullbacks these days are an integral part of a lot of attacks

B Wilson was crap on Saturday but palmer1 thinks we are making this up, he was crap defensively and needs a rest, get Mills in on the left

I don't think anybody is making anything up.

I have friends who attended who told me he did OK and his cross for the goal was fantastic. 'He did ok' nothing special but it seems when he does OK a big thing is made of it. I want him to improve, I want the best for the team I support.

Again though Mills rightly should come into the team, he is one of the teams better players and the best left back at the club.

Brown has done OK at left back for 2 games I'm not disputing that (he did nothing to change my mind at Fleetwood), why should we find a place for him last right back when the last time he played there he was poor and was dropped? If the manager chooses to do that I will support and encourage Brown as I always do.I expect Wilson to start....

One cross in how many games? Since when can Brown cross?

I'm judging over a long period of time not just in the last 2 games were Brown delivered one good cross

Wilson is better defensivly and has more assists...

Edited by palmer1