17th vs Mk Dons

24th vs Rochdale

April

3rd vs Bristol City

11th vs Sheffield Utd

18th vs Chesterfield

May

3rd vs Peterborough

How many points do we reckon we can take from these remaining home games? All are winnable, but our home games are key to the success of our season. We need the fans all on board so we can crack 4000+ home fans a game

Depending on how we are come end of march, perhaps an offer for the final 4 games? They are all huge games against big teams. Bristol City will be edging to that automatic/ title position, Sheff Utd and Chesterfield both pushing towards the play offs, whilst Peterborough could be a decider of the final spot lets say.

All in all, as per the Barnsley away page about getting fans to oakwell, lets get fans to BP and cheer on LJ and the boys. 10 remaining home games! 30 points ;)

Edited by RoyleArmy1994

February:

10th vs Swindon Top Ten

14th vs Colchester

28th vs Preston Top Ten

March

14th vs Barnsley

17th vs Mk Dons Top Ten

24th vs Rochdale Top Ten

April

3rd vs Bristol City Top Ten

11th vs Sheffield Utd Top Ten

18th vs Chesterfield Top Ten

May

3rd vs Peterborough Top Ten

Tough run of fixtures...all in our hands.

It's all about the away games from now.

We play 9 of the bottom 11 and Bradford, so every single game is winnable, but our record against the worst teams is diabolical so far. If we can start picking up wins that we should be getting against these sides we'll take the pressure off home fixtures.

We've got the goals in us, which should actually be really critical for home fixtures but it tends to be defensive records that pick you up away wins. This is why keeping James Wilson was critical.

Our home form to date would see us winning 4 or 5, drawing 3 or 4, and losing 2 = 18/16 points.

Looking at that run of 10 homes games I can see this being pretty close to the truth. Can see us losing a couple (one from MK, Swindon, Bristol; plus another surprise), drawing 3 (another one of the top sides, and a couple of others - Sheff Utd, Peterborough) and then picking up 3 points against the rest.

18 points would take our total to 55 points - plus what we get from the 10 away games. To get to the playoffs we would need the same return from the remaining 10 away games.

Being honest the Top 6 looks difficult - dropping points against Crewe and Doncaster recently are the kind of results that probably make the difference between 10th and 6th come May.

That said, a spurt in form of 3 or 4 on the bounce and then you are in a very different position....

Those last 6 could all be six pointers.

I can handle the disappointment if we ultimately fall short but it'll be great if we can still be in the hunt and these be massive games.

They should generate some decent crowds & away followings (Rochdale aside) too if they are.

Its a double edged sword isn't it......having all those teams to come in quick succession means it is a bloody hard run in but it also means that we have more control over our own destiny.

I agree - even if it doesn't work out in the end, being in the hunt will make it an exciting and hopefully crowd attracting end to the season. It would be amazng to go into the last game of the season with a shout of the Top 6.

Those last 6 could all be six pointers.

I can handle the disappointment if we ultimately fall short but it'll be great if we can still be in the hunt and these be massive games.

They should generate some decent crowds & away followings (Rochdale aside) too if they are.

Yeah, the home season, Bradford aside, has been a bit flat for me so far.

Hopefully we can stay in the mix, Saturdays are fun when we are doing well.

February:

10th vs Swindon

14th vs Colchester

28th vs Preston

March

14th vs Barnsley

17th vs Mk Dons

24th vs Rochdale

April

3rd vs Bristol City

11th vs Sheffield Utd

18th vs Chesterfield

May

3rd vs Peterborough

With the exception of MK Dons (an unmitigated disaster) and Preston ( a narrow defeat) we have gone to all those teams grounds and taken something.

Its all about momentum, if we get back on a run then we can win the majority. They look tough on paper but if we come into form, and play like we have shown we can NONE of those teams will fancy coming to Oldham.

Take it game at a time starting with Barnsley tonight, but if we start getting a run going we could be in for a very exciting end to the season, for the first time in far too long.

Looking at those fixtures it is very much up to us to take advantage of being at home and take the 3 points of the teams that we are chasing or are in and around us.

As always with Latics it is the games that you think we should win comfortably are usually the ones where we roll over and get our belly tickled.

All matches whether home or away are now crucial to any team with play off or promotion aspirations.

From now till the end of the season every week there will 3 or 4 matches involving teams in the hunt for promotion or play offs and if you pick up 3 or 4 wins or lose 3 or 4 on the trot, IMO will be the decieding factor.

Time to pack the ground out and get behind the lads.

How many can we realistically get if we're in the play offs playing against rival teams?

Looking at PNE at home on the 28th of Feb: say we're in 6th position at that time, would we have to limit them to the large section so we can accommodate overspill fans from the Chaddy and Main Stand in the small section? Or am I being ambitious there?

Sheffield United and Chesterfield and Barnsley may be the same if we're in and around the play offs consistently over the next 3 months.

Also, when was the last time we got over 5000 for a league home game, excluding away fans and special ticket offers?

We've struggled at home against sides who predominantly come to BP to defend, the teams we have left to play at home wont do that as much as the struggling sides in my opinion, which i can see as only being good for us, i fully expect us to carry on scoring plenty but also conceding a fair few also! Either way i think it's going to be an exciting final few months of the season.

FWIW we have the best record (Points per game) in the division against teams in the top half at home. P3 W2 D1 L0.

We have the 2nd worse record (Points per game) in the division against teams in the bottom half away P3 W0 D2 L1.

We need to improve the second as much as maintaining the first.