How Many Injuries

Did we pick up last night?

Wilkinson looked like a hamstring (from long distance) and I'm not sure about Winchester his also looked like a hamstring.

Don't :rifle: the messenger, just wondering that's all.

Ian G.

PS Thought George (the Beast) Elokobi was a rock last night :applause1:

Think WIlkinson was holding the hammy when he was walking of, anyone know (im sure one of you fine fellows can use your sauce!!) if confirmed? Two players we could do with not having injuries at the minute, stating the obvious but would be a big loss if they were both out for an extended period, Wilkinson was just starting to simmer last night.....

Winchester was just cramp, he was running out of gas anyway, so I think he'd have been coming off without his bout of cramp.

Wilkinson, I'm not so sure on- I didn't see it, it might just be tightness but it might be something a bit more severe. We shall see at about 2.15pm on Saturday.

Winchester was just cramp, he was running out of gas anyway, so I think he'd have been coming off without his bout of cramp.

Wilkinson, I'm not so sure on- I didn't see it, it might just be tightness but it might be something a bit more severe. We shall see at about 2.15pm on Saturday.

I thought since Saturday some people were saying that Winch can now play 90 minutes

A few of our current crop do seem a little on the knackered side in the last 10-15 minutes of games at times.

Wonder why this is?

We are well into the season and not had that many players out for long periods with injury so 'match fitness' shouldn't be an issue.

We tend to have high levels of posession (Swindon a bad example) so not chasing the ball that much.

We have a relatively young squad.

Not overly critical, but wonder if a John Harbin style of fitness would see players like Winchester able to maintain full output every week...

I more concerned about Mellis than Winchester in this respect as he looks to have core strength but still got subbed the other night when he had started to just sit in!

It is players like Mellis that we need to be relying on for 90 minutes to provide the platform! Some people still saying Winch can play 90 minutes are deluded, he looked goosed the other night before half time but why was Mellis taken off instead of him

I more concerned about Mellis than Winchester in this respect as he looks to have core strength but still got subbed the other night when he had started to just sit in!

It is players like Mellis that we need to be relying on for 90 minutes to provide the platform! Some people still saying Winch can play 90 minutes are deluded, he looked goosed the other night before half time but why was Mellis taken off instead of him

not match fit at all, barley played 90 mins especially at that pace.

Mellis was injured and out of the picture at Blackpool before he came here, he hasn't played much.

The Latics World commentary cut out during the Barnsley game so I switch to their commentary, Mellis had played for them before and the commentators hadn't taken to him. When he came on one of them said "He's carrying some timber too!" So I would suppose he isn't yet fit enough for the demands of the run in. If he keeps on the slimfast and does his intensive training he will be more of a feature in our team.

But, there is nowt wrong with him giving it a good 60 minutes and swapping him for Philiskirk or vice versa. Barring enforced substitutions for injuries we are now able to swap and rest players with decent alternatives. LJ needs to make some good calls in this area.

I agree that it is nice to have a bit of a squad but Mellis was playing for Blackpool into November and was a sub for them in December.

Is it that we expect our players to be fitter than Blackpool do?

Plus it is no wonder Barnsley don't like him-he turned down a new contract with them last summer-presumably due to lower money being offered!

A few of our current crop do seem a little on the knackered side in the last 10-15 minutes of games at times.

Wonder why this is?

We are well into the season and not had that many players out for long periods with injury so 'match fitness' shouldn't be an issue.

We tend to have high levels of posession (Swindon a bad example) so not chasing the ball that much.

We have a relatively young squad.

Not overly critical, but wonder if a John Harbin style of fitness would see players like Winchester able to maintain full output every week...

They tire because of the intense pressing we do off the ball to win it back...

I don't have FACTS to back it up but I think you tend to get better stamina out of players closer to 30 than 20

The average age of the winners of the 5 major annual world marathons plus any world championships and Olympics seems to back this up http://sweatscience.com/average-age-of-elite-male-and-female-marathoners/

The better you are at reading the game the less work you have to do to keep in formation. The longer we can keep a settled team the easier it will be for them. Liam doesn't slow down but that is because of his class. The cross field dribbler is often out of position causing more work for himself and the rest of the team.

The better you are at reading the game the less work you have to do to keep in formation. The longer we can keep a settled team the easier it will be for them. Liam doesn't slow down but that is because of his class. The cross field dribbler is often out of position causing more work for himself and the rest of the team.

Who can you possibly mean? There is an easy solution to it