A fit Forte

I'll hold my hands up and admit my public fears that we'd seen the last of an effective Forte, and I wasn't really looking forward to watching him see the season out lumbering about up front and losing races he used to win at a canter. We've seen the last few weeks what a difference he makes when he's flying.

What I hope we see for the rest of the season is nothing but the best of him. That means fit and on the left. It also means if he only plays first half or last 30 minute, or rests for a week, so be it. We have players as good or better up front and options out wide. IMO if we try and squeeze too much out of him we'll get a negative return.His running from wide is the key to his game, use other players with their back to goal.

His career stats show that he's a player that does well in short stints, hence successful loans, but struggles to replicate this over a full season.

As you say, managing his body correctly will hopefully make him more consistent. That or maybe resting him for 2 games then playing him for 4 in a row, which sort of replicates the successful periods in his career and also allows him a long time to recover. We have enough options to cover if he needs to miss a game or two.

he has three full days to recover and wake up sat ready to rip Colchester apart.

start with your best team. bang the goals in then sub him when hes had enough.

He's clearly got a problem beyond fatigue and we did play him when he wasn't right earlier on in the season. If he's not 100% put Poleon in there, or shuffle it and play DP or Jones or Morgan-Smith instead. Forte is as good as anything in this division at his peak, I'd rather see flashes of that than hours of him being fairly ineffective

His knee(s) is (are) going, he was out in his arse last night and Johnson would have taken him off if he could I reckon. If we go 2 goals up against Colchester don't be surprised to see him come off in the 2nd half.

A fit Forte playing 75% of our remaining games is a lot better than a fit Forte playing so many games in succession he breaks down again.

We have quite a few similar players to him (Poleon, Murphy, AMS and even Turner), Johnson needs to use them when it's appropriate to do so.

Is this not just the football equivalent of an urban myth?

He's ran himself into the ground three games in a row now.

He had the pace of you getting your round in for a couple of months, and from the start of matches. LJ said he'd played him when the medical team didn't want to. He was plainly :censored:ed. And any fool can see he's effective coming from wide, but he can only do that when he can sprint

Out of interest, where does this thing about Forte's knees come from? Is it not just an OWTB urban myth?

He has missed a fair few games and last night was one of the few times he's completed 90 minutes.

LJ did say at the meet the fans forum at the start of the season that he was only training Fleetingly.

Out of interest, where does this thing about Forte's knees come from? Is it not just an OWTB urban myth?

Kelly was a crock, Forte was a crock.

Both had long term injuries but our physio seems to be quite good and now they're two of our best three players and amongst League Ones best players. And they'll both start Saturday and flog themselves for yet another 90 minutes.

All this talk of resting players on Saturday makes me chuckle, fortunately I'm sure LJ has learnt his lesson when trying to rotate the squad when playing these so called inferior teams, it should be the same 11 if fit and they need to start with the same desire and intent that they did on Tuesday night, anything less will be a step back for me.

All this talk of resting players on Saturday makes me chuckle, fortunately I'm sure LJ has learnt his lesson when trying to rotate the squad when playing these so called inferior teams, it should be the same 11 if fit and they need to start with the same desire and intent that they did on Tuesday night, anything less will be a step back for me.

I suppose that is the point really 'if fit'. Players are different in the way they recover from exertion/injury. Winchester is a prime example - although he is getting stronger (and as a result we are seeing the benefit in his play), he still needs careful game time management to ensure that we get the optimum return on his talents.

Like it or not, resting certain players is part and parcel of the modern game and is beneficial in the long run.

I suppose that is the point really 'if fit'. Players are different in the way they recover from exertion/injury. Winchester is a prime example - although he is getting stronger (and as a result we are seeing the benefit in his play), he still needs careful game time management to ensure that we get the optimum return on his talents.

Like it or not, resting certain players is part and parcel of the modern game and is beneficial in the long run.

Rubbish!

They should be able to run about for 170 minutes a game and in hob nail boots after getting to the game on t'bus which picked 'em up outside of the factory where they had just worked 72 hours straight with only one break to eat a pasty. And that pasty had to feed a family of four for a week and it had arsenic in it.

They don't know they're born these 'footballers' today.

Surely our players wont be any more tired than Colchesters when you compare the two teams schedules, a couple of wins on the bounce should also put a spring into everyones step, lets look at the positives in this not the negatives, if someone like Winchester cant play a full 90 start with him and take him off when he is flagging we have a better chance of winning a game with him on the pitch from the start.