Extra fans

Last seasons average home attendance was 4,349 including away fans. The hard core home supporters equate to approximately 1.5% of the population figure.

Interesting.

I wonder if that's the lowest of any club in relation to their town in the football league

Cambridge, Rochdale, Wycombe, Exeter and Northampton are the competitors for that unwanted crown if I was to guess.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last season’s average home attendance was 4,349 including away fans. The hard core home supporters equate to approximately 1.5% of the population figure.

Average home attendance was 3,414 (home fans only).

For L1 games only - 3,645

Edited by oafcmetty

I believe the biggest UK town without a league football club is Dudley, (312,925 at the last count).

Don't know what their football club average gate is though. Salford, Warrington, Maidstone and Gateshead are similar in population to Oldham I guess.

Edited by BP1960

Interesting.

I wonder if that's the lowest of any club in relation to their town in the football league

Cambridge, Rochdale, Wycombe, Exeter and Northampton are the competitors for that unwanted crown if I was to guess.

None of the other contenders have been in the Greedy League.

I believe the biggest UK town without a league football club is Dudley, (312,925 at the last count).

Don't know what their football club average gate is though. Salford, Warrington, Maidstone and Gateshead are similar in population to Oldham I guess.

Wakefield's bigger.