Extra fans

I think I prefer just our core 3500.

Don't get me wrong, would love us to have more fans at the games but some of the absolute clots there tonight was just ridiculous.

I heard things from City fans that were just embarrassing and cringeworthy. On a couple of occasions had to tell them to shut up. They clearly had no idea who any of our players were and a couple of fine young individuals were giving our centre back, Jean Yves M'voto a mouthful at one point.

Stick to watching City lads. I much prefer Boundary Park without scrote bags like yourselves.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe latics dont make anything on the extra revenue that is taken at the refreshments area. This is a real downer on the cheap promotion games because that is one area where people do spend cash that would make it easier to offer more discount tickets. Saying after today its hard to see many wanting to return cheap ticket or not.

This is a joke of a thread, are u kidding? I would love to see crowds improve and hopefully, eventually all become die hard tics. The biggest issue today was the performance because once again any benefit at all ( I.e. Attracting returning viewers) was squandered by 11 nuggets and the manager, whom set the whole thing up to happen as it happened. Corner must feel like sticking one right on Johnsons nose!

This is a joke of a thread, are u kidding? I would love to see crowds improve and hopefully, eventually all become die hard tics. The biggest issue today was the performance because once again any benefit at all ( I.e. Attracting returning viewers) was squandered by 11 nuggets and the manager, whom set the whole thing up to happen as it happened. Corner must feel like sticking one right on Johnsons nose!

No I'm not kidding.

I don't go to Oldham to listen to City fans shouting "Oldham are so :censored:" and laughing about the state of the ground to their mates while giving abuse to a player that has played for Barnsley for 2 seasons.

Starting chants of "we're only here cos it's five pound".

Well :censored: off then...I couldn't give two :censored:s if these characters are there or not. I'd rather sit in a positive atmosphere than listen to the clueless ramblings of premier league fans who haven't been to an Oldham game since the last offer....

So no, I'm not :censored:ing kidding.

I do wish to point out however that it is only a small minority.

I believe latics dont make anything on the extra revenue that is taken at the refreshments area. This is a real downer on the cheap promotion games because that is one area where people do spend cash that would make it easier to offer more discount tickets. Saying after today its hard to see many wanting to return cheap ticket or not.

Ran out in the Chaddy after half an hour,no food left.This does make us look clueless!

I know that the bigger crowds would mean more revenue and, therefore, a bigger budget.

But I'm a big fan of our core of 3,500 and the positive attitude that comes with it...

I wonder what was the highest core we have had in the umpteen years in this division?

I suspect we have lost about 2,000 on average over recent years, and that's a lot of money.

Edited by BP1960

Ran out in the Chaddy after half an hour,no food left.This does make us look clueless!

it does always seem to catch them a little off guard that a crowd turns when a game is being played at BP.

I can understand when some of the pies etc run out on match days, these items have - I think (hope!) - a limited shelf life so you do not want to risk having to throw too much excess stock away, just make the alternatives appetising enough that people will still buy something if their first choice is sold out. but I guess that does not help if you sell out of everything...

what is less excusable is when they run out of items like coffee and tea or the chocolate bars where you would expect (hope!) the sell by date to be sometime off in the future and yet I have seen this happen nearly every time that I have attended matches at BP where the crowd is slightly higher than average e.g. Boxing Day, last season's cup matches.

it does always seem to catch them a little off guard that a crowd turns when a game is being played at BP.

I can understand when some of the pies etc run out on match days, these items have - I think (hope!) - a limited shelf life so you do not want to risk having to throw too much excess stock away, just make the alternatives appetising enough that people will still buy something if their first choice is sold out. but I guess that does not help if you sell out of everything...

what is less excusable is when they run out of items like coffee and tea or the chocolate bars where you would expect (hope!) the sell by date to be sometime off in the future and yet I have seen this happen nearly every time that I have attended matches at BP where the crowd is slightly higher than average e.g. Boxing Day, last season's cup matches.

I know it reflects badly on Latics, but it's the catering company that is incompetent and loosing potential income.

Edited by laticsrblue

I know ot reflects badly on Latics but it's the catering company that is incompetent and loosing potential income.

ok that is a good point, does the club even get any more money if more food and drink is sold?

and why have they outsourced the catering to a firm that does not appear to do a good job? is it because they paid the most up front for the contract? or is there another factor involved?

when you consider all the attention that the bigger clubs pay towards their catering facilities plus the fact that spectators under the age of 30 or so seem incapable of watching a 45 minute half without buying at least one item of food or drink then this is something that maybe merits more attention.

I wonder what was the highest core we have had in the umpteen years in this division?

I suspect we have lost about 2,000 on average over recent years, and that's a lot of money.

Our core back in the pre all seater days must of been high enough......the days when you used to get into the Chaddy end before 2 to get a decent spot!

If Latics haven't negotiated a contract that means they take a % of sales that is a really poor bit of business!

Well, if they'd been paid £2m with a nil percentage I'd disagree.

Without knowing any detail we don't know if it's a good deal or a bad deal.

It does seem to be a consistent theme that they run out regularly though. Perhaps the next contract should have an availability of stock clause.

Well, if they'd been paid £2m with a nil percentage I'd disagree.

Without knowing any detail we don't know if it's a good deal or a bad deal.

It does seem to be a consistent theme that they run out regularly though. Perhaps the next contract should have an availability of stock clause.

We can presume though that they didn't get £2m for the deal.

We hold all the cards when it comes to a catering contract. For catering companies they have an opportunity to make a lot of money if they apply themselves in the right way and within that it should be standard that 10-15% comes into the club as well as an initial fee. The club provides the custom via the fans watching the match so should defiantly have this deal in. If we take a percentage it keeps the company accountable as well to provide enough refreshments as if they sell out it hits us in the pocket as well.

We can presume though that they didn't get £2m for the deal.

Of course we didn't. But there will be a magic number somewhere that makes not being on a percentage of sales worthwhile.

We hold all the cards when it comes to a catering contract. For catering companies they have an opportunity to make a lot of money if they apply themselves in the right way and within that it should be standard that 10-15% comes into the club as well as an initial fee.

A bigger initial fee and no commission can be a good hedge against falling attendances, or fix shorter term cash flow issues.

I'm not saying one way is better than another. But it's not automatically best to take a cut.

They kept me warm and insulated as there were no empty seats around me.

I know it's good for the club money wise and maybe harsh on one bumper crowd to judge, but the atmosphere wasn't as good. Maybe less is more and mighty

Also I'm used to having a couple of empty rows in front so my vision isn't blocked when we all rise up on the attack.

I know selfish of me.

They kept me warm and insulated as there were no empty seats around me.

I know it's good for the club money wise and maybe harsh on one bumper crowd to judge, but the atmosphere wasn't as good. Maybe less is more and mighty

Also I'm used to having a couple of empty rows in front so my vision isn't blocked when we all rise up on the attack.

I know selfish of me.

This is my point exactly. We all want bigger crowds, but not if the atmosphere turns into mockery and spitefulness.

Sadly performance on the field probably put a few off anyway.

The quicker the club realise they only have the hardcore the better unless they think bigger off the pitch. The infrastructure is League 2 at best - board, commercial department, catering etc

Only shining lights are Johnson and Philliskirk (Tony). They deserve better.

Sadly performance on the field probably put a few off anyway.

The quicker the club realise they only have the hardcore the better unless they think bigger off the pitch. The infrastructure is League 2 at best - board, commercial department, catering etc

Only shining lights are Johnson and Philliskirk (Tony). They deserve better.

After the tactics of Barnsley away and Colchester yesterday, I don't know if LJ does deserve better.